As there are already plenty of good reviews with postive feedback below (and we agree with them), we will not repeat it here but will highlight what we like most and least about this hotel. We stayed at the hotel with our 2 year old son so our review focuses on this aspect.
Compared to Marriott Suites that is next door and where we stayed before, we liked this hotel better for:
- Its functional room with fully fitted kitchen and L-shaped sofa even if the room's size is a bit smaller than Marriott's. We took breakfast back to the room on most days so that we could eat it at a more leisurely pace, especially with a small child.
- The room's walls also seemed to be more soundproof as we did not hear much noises from next door.
- The pool area is bigger and nicer with a normal pool, a kid pool and a jacuzzi. There were also tables as well as lounge chairs at the pool side.
- The complimentary hot breakfast and early evening hot meal were definitely a value added service that helps keep costs down, especially for families.
- The free internet access was certainly useful.
THE LESS POSITIVE EXPERIENCE:
- There were only 2 lifts with one being at the other end of the long corridor. This meant a long wait when the hotel was very busy.
- There were less amenities than expected for this class of hotel.
- We felt that the hotel's lobby was pretty basic and not very inviting, with little information on Disneyland and interesting places in the area for a hotel in the Disneyland resort area! For example, it did not promote its shuttle service so we noticed that its shuttle was empty most of the time when it could have been more convenient than the ART bus.
Overall, we would consider this hotel to be in a "comfortable" and not in the "beautiful" style. This suits us fine for our family and we would definitely stay here again next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay suite hotel. An all-suites Anaheim hotel that will make you feel closer to home! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area hotel is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels, only a mile away. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, daily breakfast and dinner Monday to Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hiltonr Anaheim-Main Gate Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Garden Grove
- Homewood Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Disneyland Area
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area Garden Grove, Orange County, CA
- Homewood Suites Anaheim California
- Homewood Suites Disneyland
- Garden Grove Homewood Suites