“Wonderful experience had by this family of 6”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and 4 children, ages 5 months to 10 years, all had a wonderful stay at the Homewood Suites. We would comeback again in a heartbeat. The location is not very far from Disneyland at all, and I thought we might have some problems checking in at 12:30 or 1am after the park closed. Checking in literally took about 60 seconds if that. Our room was great and the kids all slept comfortably as did my wife and I. The next morning everyone enjoyed the breakfast. The scrambled eggs could be improved a bit, but literally that was our only thought or complaint. Everyone loved the make it yourself waffles, even if you did have to wait a few minutes to do it. Hot and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Benjamin L, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! We know in the Disneyland area, there are many hotels to choose from, so we are very appreciative for the fact that you chose to stay with us, and from what I have read, sounds like you and your family will be back again! Also, glad to read that you and your family were able to join us for our Suite Start Breakfast in the mornings. However, I do want to apologize for the wait on the waffles, but after enjoying a waffle, I'm sure you can see why everyone lines up for one! We cannot wait to welcome you back as our guests again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had some problems in our room, the kitchen sink and the AC, that never really got fixed. The room was smaller than expected but was very clean and orderly. The breakfast and dinner is nice to not have to worry about food expenses for those meals. We didn't use the dinner every night, but it was a nice option. The shuttle to and from Disney is greatly timed and the staff here is fantastic. We are still put off by the things not being fixed though.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Benjamin L, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am sorry to hear that some of the maintenance issues that occurred during your stay was an inconvenience. I can completely empathize with you on that fact and I am sorry we dropped the ball on that. However, I am happy to read that you were able to join us during our Suite Start Breakfast and our Manager's Evening Reception. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact myself or the General Manager (Darin.Fournier@hilton.com). Again, my apologies for the inconveniences we caused and we hope to welcome you as our guests again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I have only good things to say, we stayed there for a week and it was a wonderful experience. Any request we had was taken care of immediately. We will definitely stay there on our following vacation. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Gerardo M
Benjamin L, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

I am extremely happy to read that you had an awesome stay with us! We were happy to accomodate you in all of your requests and we thank you for your patronage. We can't wait to welcome you home again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The water was shut off from 3pm to 7pm on a weekday. We were told it was necessary to shut off the water to test the entire water system for the hotel. Ok. But I think this maybe should have been done from say midnight to 4am instead of the middle of the afternoon. I had been doing dishes in the dishwasher and it stopped. Well the water came back on but another problem occurred. The boilers did not work. No hot water for most of the next day. I had to take a cold shower to attend my national conference at the convention center. When i asked when the hot water would be available the answer was that nobody knew for certain. We were told to just give it some time. I have stayed at hundreds of Hilton hotels and not once were the guests without water or hot water for any period of time. If they did water system tests maybe they did them in the middle of the night while guests are sleeping. Anyway, I thought the hotel would offer something for our inconvenience. When i asked if there was anything the staff could do for us/me they offered nothing so i let it be. I guess maybe i should have been more assertive but I thought the staff would recognize the position the guests were in and offered something. I will say the staff were friendly however, I believe the management should have done more.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Benjamin L, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay! We do appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I want to take this time to apologize about the entire water situation and how it was dealt with. Unfortunately, the time slot was mandated by the city, but I completely agree with you on the fact that it should have been done late at night. As a loyal guest, we should have compensated you for your stay in some way, be it monetary or complimentary services, however, I can see that nothing was done. Please feel free to contact myself or the General Manager (Darin.Fournier@hilton.com), so we can discuss what we can do to make this right by you. Again, I want to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we look forward to your reply.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. The breakfast had great variety. We really enjoyed the pool. When we had concerns the staff was friendly and prompt in their responses. The beds were comfortable, and our price was great. Our suite was made to sleep 6 and their were only dishes for four, but I think a request would get you more if they were needed. You could see signs of cleaning needed, but that is understandable when a hotel caters to families with children, which is great for us - since we want to all stay in the same suite. Things weren't perfect, but we had a great time and would be glad to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 459Lisa
Benjamin L, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent stay with us! It sounds like you and your family enjoyed yourselves while you were here with us at the Homewood Suites! Also, thank you for joining us during our Suite Start Breakfast. If your plans ever bring you and your family to the Anaheim Area again, please choose to stay with us, we would love to have you as our guests again!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great stay for a week in Disney for families. Business travellers may wish to opt for a less kid friendly hotel. However, you are in the Disney area so expect kids. We brought three and had a great time.

Shuttle service was very good. Complimentary breakfasts were great. It was busy but never seemed frantic.

Elevator is really slow so we did the stairs quite a bit. We were on the sixth floor and after long Disney days it was sometimes a challenge.

Hide-a-bed in our room was broken. I got an air mattress at the nearby Target and all was well.

Overall enjoyed the hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Benjamin L, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Glad to read that your recent stay with us was a great one! I am also happy to read that you were able to utilize the shuttle for Disneyland and join us for our Suite Start Breakfast every morning. However, I do want to apologize for the pull-out bed in the livingroom, but I am glad that did not taint your stay with us. Next time you plan on visiting Disneyland, please keep us in mind. Thank you again for your patronage!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Several facts to know for non-Disney guests.

There is no shuttle from the hotel for guests that are not going to Disney. I was attending a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center that is within a mile, or so. Disney main gate is about another one-half mile further north.

Not sure about everyone else, but I am not particularly thrilled with ALL of the staff ALWAYS speaking only Spanish to each other. It is just not courtious.

Housekeeping allows their workers to determine whether your bed linens are soiled enough to change them. There is no "green policy" published anywhere and management was unaware of this. Am I to feel proud that I left my bed clean enough that after two nights, my bed linens had not been changed? (I left a folded piece of paper in between the top sheet and the fitted sheet each morning, and it was there each evening.) Fortunately, Manager Ben understood and assured me that they would be changed daily. So, were my linens clean when I initially checked in? Will my linens be changed prior to the next guest staying in my room? I wonder.

Food was adequate, although they ran out of things regularly during the two-hour dinner window for 10 to 15 minutes at a time, causing lines to form and back up while waiting for refill. Only Bud and Bud light served for beer. People actually drink this stuff on purpose??? "nuff said...

Lots of fast food within walking distance

Many children at breakfast spilling cereal all over the floor. (C'mon parents, is this the way you allow your kids to act at home?)

This is a Disneyland area property, so expect running, screaming children throughout the property, especially during meal times and in the pool.

Beds were comfortable. Elevators are extremely slow, compounded by employees using them during peak times. Kitchen has utensils for four and several serving utensils. No ice makers in the refrigerator. Hallways always seemed to need a vacuuming, with plates and utensils sitting out for hours.

This does not measure up to other Hilton family properties at which we've stayed. We'll likely stay elsewhere if we come back to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor on the odd numbered side. You will then be able to watch the nightly firew...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

From what I have read, it seems like we have dropped the ball on more than just one occassion. I apologize for the inconveniences we have caused you during your recent stay with us. I remember speaking with you in regards to the linen and the routine in which we change them. I want to let you know that this specific situation will be brought up to our management staff so we can configure how we would like to notify guests of this issue. Again, my sincere apologies for the inconveniences, and thank you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#4 of 19 in Garden Grove

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!