1,635 results
All reviews breakfast and dinner waffles beer and wine across the street slow elevator mon thurs full kitchen front desk staff parking lot free breakfast evening reception red robin separate bedroom joe's crab shack pool area is living area pool and hot tub
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We have always had a nice stay at Homewood when my husband travels he uses the Homewood suites. So we thought we would try it for Disneyland. We did not expect anything fantastic. A place to stay and meals taken care of for convience. I had called ahead of time to make sure that we had a non- smoking room our son has asthma. And I requested a room preferably on the first or second floor because I had read the reviews that the elevator are as slow as grass growing. I had also called to be sure that a late check in would not be a problem. (It was not a problem)

We arrived the first day earlier then we had planned. It was even before check in time. I figured we would have to wait just wanted to let them know that we were there. The woman at the front desk said that they had a room available now on the fourth floor if we wanted it now. Or we could we wait until check in and the room that we had requested would be available. (I thought how wonderful and convient to have choices and I was early). We decided to take the room that was available now. It was on the fourth floor and was very nice and quiet.

There is only one elevator that i found and it was the only down side to being on the fourth floor. After being there we were glad that we were not on the first or secound floor after all. Since it appeared that it may be noisey during meal times.

The staff serving the meals were very friendly and helpful especially to our son. And the front desk staff was incredibly helpful with everything that we needed. It was such a friendly enviroment that it made all of the guests frindley towards one another. which is not something you see often in Southern California.

I think that the location of our room was on the end of day schedule for cleaning. So sometimes we would be back before the room was cleaned. It was no problem they cleaned while we were there and were very nice.

We had two big closets in the room which made it nice since the three drawers that are provided really do not hold more then maybe a couple of shirts and some socks. Being there a whole week we had plenty of clothes with us. The beds are very comfortable and there is no shortage of pillows.

The kitchen was very convienient to have and the cleaning service always did all the dishes.

We travel to Disneyland at least once a year. we have stayed at many hotels and I mean many. And after every stay we always say let's try to find something better. (Being that people will stay anywhere because it is Disneyland hotels really do not have to try to be good. People will stay anyway) We found ourselves saying that we will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephie3
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We spent 5 nights at this hotel. They were doing renovations during our stay but we weren't informed of this prior to our arrival. They switched out most furniture in the rooms (unfortunately they didn't take this opportunity to clean the carpets). We had to wait 2.5 hours when we arrived before we could get a room (we arrived about 45 minutes before check-in time) because they didn't have any clean that weren't being worked on by the construction people. The front desk clerks were apologetic, but the managers on duty did not even come and speak to us. After waiting for about 2 hours, we were told what floor we would eventually be on, so my husband was walking around on that floor when the General Manager asked him how things were going. My husband told him how we had been waiting so long, and he apologized and immediately made sure that a room was ready for us. He was quite accommodating. He gave us our first night on the house, gave us shuttle passes for all our days at Disney (the shuttle stops in front of the hotel), and gave us his cell phone number if we needed anything else during our stay (every time he saw us during our visit he spoke and asked how things were going). He met us at the room so that we could check it out together to make sure everything was in order. Mostly the room was ready, but the new cabinets didn't have their handles yet, so it made it difficult to open them (they were not installed during our stay) and there was no kitchen sink stopper (we asked for one but nobody ever found one for us). I had stayed here last year, and the new furniture was definitely a much needed improvement. The biggest permanent downside to the room is that the bathroom sink is too high for little ones - our tall 4 year old couldn't reach to wash her own hands. Odd since there are so many families staying here since it is so close to Disneyland. Anyway, the suite is good size (we had 2 queens), and the food offered for breakfast and dinner (Monday through Thursday evenings) is a very nice touch with a fair amount of variety (more for breakfast than dinner). They have an outdoor pool and kiddie pool. The larger pool filters didn't seem to be working properly though as there was tree debris in the pool. We did have a problem with one of the laundry machines getting our clothes greasy, when we notified the front desk, they refunded our money so we could wash the load over again.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed July 20, 2008

I don't believe this hotel was always a Homewood Suites. While it had all of the usual amenities, it seemed to be another hotel in the past that recently received a well-needed facelift.

The pool is outdoors - which is fine when its sunny and not too breezy. Facilities are clean - staff is top notch. There is ample parking all around hotel property. One complaint: both elevators were painfully slow - not sure if this was by design or an architectual challenge.

With several restaurants within walking distance, this is a good option when staying in the Anaheim area!

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank andyman1970
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I stayed four nights for a conference. I wasn't too keen on being in Anaheim for business so I was hoping for some relative peace in my room. I ended up being pleasantly surprised at the lack of ambient noise from inside the hotel. My room faced out to the street and the nightly fireworks, so there was that to deal with, but that wasn't too bad. The room was large and in good shape and the full kitchenette is very nice, especially as it's only a 15 minute or so walk east on Chapman to a Vons. The free parking was also a nice surprise and I never had to search for a space.

This was a perfectly acceptable hotel for a business traveler and would be excellent for a family stay. The breakfast and dinner buffets looked fine, although I never ended up eating at either.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel and our experience. I traveled with a family of 6 and we stayed an entire week and were all very comfortable. This hotel is an excellent choice if you are interested in saving some money on meals. The breakfast was more than what I was used to in other hotels, and the evening reception meal was beyond my expectations. You will get plenty to eat - They make it sound like a snack, but I traveled with big teenage boys who were satisfied. The full kitchen in the rooms is handy for drinks and leftovers if you do eat out. The staff was so friendly and always offered more than enough towels once they knew there were 6 of us. The thing that really blew me away was the fact that the staff will actually do grocery shopping for you and it only costs the amount of the groceries! All we had to do was leave a list at the front desk, go enjoy Disneyland, and then the items were waiting for us when we returned. The front desk staff always greeted me and always wanted to know about what we had planned for the day and gave good directions or tips on how to save money etc... They even got us a reservation at a restaurant that said they were full at the time we wanted to go.If I had to say something negative, it wouldn't even be about the hotel. The Anaheim Resort Transit did not run as smoothly as it should have, but it has nothing to do with the hotel and they actually called the transit system for us to try and figure out what was going on. We were also told that the transit system usually does run very smoothly, but we happened to be there during a time when there were some changes being made. The parking lot was sometimes too full to get a decent spot and should be bigger to accomodate, but that is fairly typical for all the hotels. After this experience, I will always try to stay at Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank amartNevada_MO