“Not as Expected”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Sacramento, United States
“Not as Expected”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The complimentary breakfast and evening reception were awful. The fitnes center was decent; one of the treadmills wasn't working at all. Front desk staff wasn't as friendly depending on the time of day. I had to wait almost 10 minutess just to get a bottle of water from the snack shop! "Fabiana" wasn't too happy and friendly when she served me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Janice A
Bob D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Please accept my most humble apologies for inconveniences we caused you. The treadmill issue that you have noted is being addressed. I am very disappointed that our breakfast and dinner did not meet your expectations, typically our guests enjoy our offering and I am very sorry that in your case we did not. I am shocked and disappointed that it may have taken 10 minutes to make a gift shop purchase and will certainly look into this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. There is free breakfast every morning from 6-9 and Monday-Thursday there is dinner from 5-7. Breakfast was great, dinner was okay, definitely not gourmet, but in all honesty, the kids ate more at dinner time at this hotel then they did at their expensive meals at the parks! I didn't think we would come home every night for the free dinner, but we did. It made it easy not to have to think about it and there was always salad so we felt good about getting some greens in.

Room was clean, lobby felt clean and updated. Bathroom had some wear and tear-- some missing baseboard, door didn't latch properly, toilet seat wouldn't stay up, the handheld shower wouldn't move, and it could definitely have used a fan! Queen beds felt small-- they seemed like doubles, but we sleep on a king at home, so I could just be spoiled! I did think the mattresses were a little worn-- they sunk in the middle and that wasn't awesome.

Staff was great, super helpful. Loved they had their own shuttle and the five day pass was pretty reasonable. Liked having a laundry facility. Overall this hotel was just fine and a really awesome value.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Mommiverse
Bob D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Note that your comments regarding improvements will be followed up upon. Glad to haer that all in all it was a pleasant stay. We hope to see you back with us soon!
Vancouer, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2014

front desk and kitchen/breakfast staff were great. Bed was comfy. Everthing well below average...even compared to a Hampton Inn as the standard. My family and I are not super picky, but this hotel selection (for us) was a mistake.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Although the staff and bed met your expectations, I was sorry to hear that there were other areas that did not. Please feel free to contact me by phone or email (robert.doran@hilton.com) regarding the areas in which you were disappointed so that we may follow up. Having said that, I offer my sincere apologies for a stay that overall did not meet your expectations. I hope that when your travels return you to the Anaheim area you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves.
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I love the Homewood brand. The hotels are always comfortable and have a friendly staff. Rooms are large. We don't have that "squished in" feeling. Breakfast is excellent. Transportation to Disney is lovely!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We're extremely happy that we were part of what sounded like an excellent trip to Anaheim! Come back to visit soon.
Malaysia
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Last December I made a booking for my sister/family but give my credit card no during the booking. Upon check out she settled the bill using her card. However, I found out later my credit card was also charged the same day. When I called the hotel about two weeks ago I was given an email for me to contact to explain about my problem since I calling from oversea so timing & cost is an issue. We are 16 hrs ahead. Am writing in this forum with hoping that someone from homewood suites Anaheim will read this and provide me some feedback. Thank you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that there remains an unresolved issue with your recebt stay. Please feel free to contact me via email (robert.doran@hilton.com) and I will be happy to personally handle the situation.
California, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We are season pass holders at Disneyland and visit the area often. We've stayed at many hotels/motels in the area and absolutely love Homewood. The staff is exceptional. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we love the full kitchen. Breakfasts are great, free dinners are convenient (though minimal). Luis is an amazing employee - always helpful, always professional. Fantastic staff all around. The shuttle costs extra, but is worth it. Drops you off right in front of Disneyland. They started charging for parking at the hotel which sucks, but the other hotels charge too. Great for families, great for those who don't mind being a bit off of the beaten path yet still be convenient to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Street side rooms are noisy due to fire trucks and emergency vehicles using the main road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JohnGGG
Thanks for taking the time to post a great review regarding your recent stay. I will be sure sure to pass your accolades on to Luis and the rest of the staff. As a pass holder we expect to see you back again soon!
Taber, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed there last week while we were in Anaheim for Disneyland. It is the second time we've stayed there. I love the suites and the convenience of the Disneyland shuttle literally right outside the doors that come every 1/2 hour that goes directly to the park and the shuttle is cheap. The complimentary breakfast every morning that includes the usuals plus waffles and either pancakes, French toast, eggs, sausage or bacon, hash browns (it changes daily) and the complimentary supper with wine or beer 4 days a week is handy as well as helps keep expenses down. There is 3 restaurants directly across the street and Starbucks next door. Yes the pool was closed but the hotel right next door was very accommodating so not a big deal! Also Target across the street is very handy to pick up anything you may need including a flat of water so you can bring water to Disneyland each day...way cheaper!!
But...what makes this hotel stand out is their customer service! They are so friendly and VERY helpful!! Even my young boys mentioned several times how nice they were! If you need a cab ask them for their "guy" Raphael!! It isnt the fanciest hotel around but it is nice and clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

4 Thank Erin S S
Thanks for a very thorough reveiw and for taking the time out of your busy day to post it on TripAdvisor! We're glad that we meet and may have even exceeded your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#5 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!