We have always had a nice stay at Homewood when my husband travels he uses the Homewood suites. So we thought we would try it for Disneyland. We did not expect anything fantastic. A place to stay and meals taken care of for convience. I had called ahead of time to make sure that we had a non- smoking room our son has asthma. And I requested a room preferably on the first or second floor because I had read the reviews that the elevator are as slow as grass growing. I had also called to be sure that a late check in would not be a problem. (It was not a problem)
We arrived the first day earlier then we had planned. It was even before check in time. I figured we would have to wait just wanted to let them know that we were there. The woman at the front desk said that they had a room available now on the fourth floor if we wanted it now. Or we could we wait until check in and the room that we had requested would be available. (I thought how wonderful and convient to have choices and I was early). We decided to take the room that was available now. It was on the fourth floor and was very nice and quiet.
There is only one elevator that i found and it was the only down side to being on the fourth floor. After being there we were glad that we were not on the first or secound floor after all. Since it appeared that it may be noisey during meal times.
The staff serving the meals were very friendly and helpful especially to our son. And the front desk staff was incredibly helpful with everything that we needed. It was such a friendly enviroment that it made all of the guests frindley towards one another. which is not something you see often in Southern California.
I think that the location of our room was on the end of day schedule for cleaning. So sometimes we would be back before the room was cleaned. It was no problem they cleaned while we were there and were very nice.
We had two big closets in the room which made it nice since the three drawers that are provided really do not hold more then maybe a couple of shirts and some socks. Being there a whole week we had plenty of clothes with us. The beds are very comfortable and there is no shortage of pillows.
The kitchen was very convienient to have and the cleaning service always did all the dishes.
We travel to Disneyland at least once a year. we have stayed at many hotels and I mean many. And after every stay we always say let's try to find something better. (Being that people will stay anywhere because it is Disneyland hotels really do not have to try to be good. People will stay anyway) We found ourselves saying that we will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay suite hotel. An all-suites Anaheim hotel that will make you feel closer to home! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area hotel is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels, only a mile away. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, daily breakfast and dinner Monday to Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hiltonr Anaheim-Main Gate Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Garden Grove
- Homewood Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Disneyland
- Homewood Suites Anaheim California
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area Garden Grove, Orange County, CA
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Disneyland Area
- Garden Grove Homewood Suites