“Will Always Look for Homewood Suites Now”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Fall River, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Will Always Look for Homewood Suites Now”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We just returned from a 10-day trip travelling around California and i can say that on our travels none of the hotels compared in quality to the Homewood Suites. I have never seen friendlier hotel staff than at this hotel (even when I've stayed at DisneyWorld Resorts). The rooms were spacious and clean (although we did find a bracelet on the floor from a previous guest and the front desk staff were very apologetic to me when I turned it in), the beds were comfy, lots of hot water in the shower and cold air from the air conditioning unit. The complimentary breakfast was great and although we never got a chance to take advantage of the free dinners in the evening, I think that is an amazing option. One night for dinner we asked the front desk for a pizza recommendation and not only did they give us a coupon, they called the restaurant themselves and ordered it for us. The shuttle to Disney was also convenient (and reasonably priced). The hotel is in a good location, nearby Target and several restaurants, and only a 6 minute drive to Disney. IF we are ever in the Anaheim area again, we will definitely stay here. Would definitely recommend to families.

Room Tip: The elevator can be slow so you may wish to recommend a room on a lower floor.
1 Thank Heather G
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Heather, thank you so much for taking your valuable time to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our rooms, great team, location to shopping and local restaurants, along with our value added amenities helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. I am so sorry to hear about the item left by another guest, which will be a focal point of our staff meeting this week. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
West Jordan, Utah, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Everyone there needs a raise! They do a fantastic Job and need to be recognized. I sure hope you are are able to read this too them and let them know, the matching Disney family with the dad that has a weird beard says, they were Perfect! One of the Desk kids actually gave me a pencil that he had sharpened with some scissors just so my son could do his homework! We will be telling everyone, and already have, to stay there. We will be staying there with every California visit! They may want to put a pad on the Mechanical and employee doors by room 107 because they are pretty loud when they are closing at 1 and 2 o'clock in the morning.

1 Thank Josh K
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you so much Josh for taking your valuable time to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our great team, helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. I have forwarded a copy to the team, and will also highlight it at our staff meeting. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and we look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
Burney,Ca
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I love to do a lot of research before a trip, and this one was no different. Homewood Suites had everything we needed at a very reasonable price.
The staff was very pleasant from beginning to end. They always were smiling and willing to give advice. The lobby was large and welcoming, which was nice after a long day at the parks.
We got a 2 room suite that had 2 queen beds and the bathroom area in one room, and the living room and kitchen area in the other. It was pretty spacious and comfortable. Some pillows on the couch would have been nice since it has a very flat back. We just used some of the extras from the bedroom. We have paid much more for 1/2 the room many times before. So that was a great surprise.
The hotel has a free hot breakfast every morning and a light dinner most nights, not on the weekends. The breakfast was decent. It's not made to order but had enough choices for all, usually some eggs, potatoes, and a meat dish. Several bread and cereal choices. Also some fresh fruit and yogurt and 4 waffle makers. It made getting full before heading to the park really easy. We usually hit the park until the afternoon and them took the shuttle back to the hotel for some down time in the room or by the pool. Then we would have the "light" dinner. It's only as light as you want to make it. There is plenty to eat. One night we had chicken and dumplings, another chicken breast, and the lasagna the third night. There was a salad bar of sorts with every meal and beer on tap, which was a definite plus before heading back to the park. If you're a snobby eater, you probably will be disappointed with the quality. If you're looking to save some money and feed a family, you'll be smiling. We ate 3 dinners and 4 breakfasts and never had any issues later on, if you know what I mean. If you want something bigger, there are 4 restaurants in the nearby area. Oggis', Joes Crab Shack, Red Robin, and our pick for Friday night, Outback Steakhouse. It was very good.
The pool was one of the largest in the area from my research. There's a large main pool, a small childrens pool and a hot tub. The pool area is a little rough around the edges and hopefully will be included in the remodel. They did have nice chairs and tables to sit at while the kids swam.
The shuttle was very convenient and always on schedule. If you book for 3 days it's only $12 for adults and $6 for children. Well worth the price. It starts running well before the parks open and an hour after they close.
There is some remodeling going on and did cause a little bit of noise in the afternoons. Which was a little annoying if you try to take a nap between park visits. We were one floor up from the noise, so I guess we could have changed to a higher floor if we needed to. Also, I probably would have given 5 stars if the elevators would have been faster. They are painfully slow and only one is convenient to the lobby. It's annoying but did not ruin our fun. I would not want to be there during the busy season though.
Overall the stay was great and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recomment it to a friend.

Room Tip: You can see the fireworks from the grassy area behind the hotel if your room is not high enough or f...
5 Thank Cory H
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your valuable to reach out and tell us about your visit. Wow, I don’t even know where to begin, so many nice things. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
WA State, United States
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel was so worth the money to us. Our family of 7 stayed in their suite on a vacation to Disneyland. The hot breakfast was perfect and the dinner offered M-Thur definitely helped us save money. The shuttle is very inexpensive and only takes a few minutes to get between the park and the hotel. (I much preferred this to staying across the street from the parking and walking to and from the hotel!) The staff was very helpful and we would love to stay here again. Two thumbs up!

1 Thank Karee B
Thank you so much for taking your valuable to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our value-added amenities, along with our great team, helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

You can never go wrong with home wood suites Anahiem, Close to Disneyland / Huge Rooms with Full Kitchens. Don't wash you dishes they will do it for you. :) I did it anyways but you don't half to . Rooms are clean, Staff is friendly. Area is safe lot's of restaurant around the area. Must if you have a big family

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt B
Thank you so much for taking your valuable to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our great team, helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
HAFB, United States
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great accomodations! Superb employees and services. I would definitley recommend Homewood Suites & we will be back! Shuttles to Disneyland were timely and convenient. The shuttles are NOT free, but not unreasonably priced. Only other teeny complaint - one evening we smelled cigarette smoke - that was coming through the vents somehow - but it didn't last and quickly dispersed. No other complaints - and kudos to Homewood on their excellent staff! THE best staff at a hotel I've ever seen!

1 Thank Jennifer B
Thank you so much for taking your valuable to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our great team, helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. I am so sorry to hear about the smell of smoke, but am glad it went away quickly. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
la center, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2013

great place to stay in disneyland good breakfast exceptional hotel great staff very courteous clean nice big rooms quiet and very comfortable shuttle service is very good the only negatives i found here is i wish it had double the elevators, and some more variety of fruit for the breakfast other than that you cannot go wrong staying here

1 Thank Mark L
Thank you so much for taking your valuable to reach out and tell us about your visit. I am so glad to hear that our great team, along with our comfortable accommodations helped make your visit memorable and enjoyable. I am so sorry to hear about the elevator, and will speak with the culinary team in regards to the variety of fruit. Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Anaheim Main-Gate, and I look forward to serving you again on your next trip.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#4 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!