“Nice arrangement for families.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a suite with two queen beds and a pull-out in the living room. It was comfortable and the kitchen came in very handy! The staff are helpful, polite and impressive. The breakfast was good and the manager's reception/dinner was much appreciated after a long day of theme parks and spending money. Only problem was the air conditioner in the master bedroom as noisey. Nothing some ear plugs didn't cure. The furniure needed dusting. I could write my name on it. But, the next day it was clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that the team was able make your visit positively memorable. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

994 - 1,000 of 1,492 reviews

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked this hotel from reviews on trip advisor. We left this morning and I have not ever written a review so that pretty much says it all.. I spent months reviewing all the the options for our Disney holiday. The free dinner and breakfast definately swayed the decision as well as the price for a family of five. The meals were adequate for the price and we cooked one evening in the kitchen in the room. The staff were more then accommodating. Nothing was a problem they even booked my husband and sons angels tickets and organised a car to pick up. We did use the shuttle service or Disney which ran every half hour. Starbucks next door for a morning coffee. Outlets of orange a short cab ride for quick cheap shopping options. We would definately recommend homewood to our friends and family and thanks to the staff for a great start to a family holiday we won't ever forget.

Room Tip: Ask for the large 2 bedroom if a family of five.
1  Thank Rmedway
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that the team was able to make your visit positively memorable. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Homewood suites from April 1st to the 8th, 2013. My wife and I have five kids so this was one of the few hotels on the strip that would allow us all to stay in one suite. We were very pleased with our 7 nights of stay. Again don't let the pictures fool you, it appears they had some flooding on the main floor suite areas but this was being cleaned up and the day before we left they had completed their work.
Our room was spacious enough for our family. The breakfast was awesome, full hot breakfast that was different each day, there was also fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, and they had waffle makers to make your own waffles (and once done they had strawberries and wip cream to put on top). There was always plenty of food and so many options for beverages. The next big thing was the complimentary dinners from Mon. to Thurs., this was a huge cost savings for our family. The meals were awesome, different each day. They had salad along with the meals as well as fruit and again an assortment of beverages including wine and beer!

The staff were awesome, always friendly and helpful. We had a little trouble with house cleaning a couple of days but when we told them they got on it right away. We used their shuttle to get to disney land; we bought a five day pass which cost us $110 which allowed you to take the shuttle as often as you needed on the day you used it. This is an awesome deal when you consider what it costs to park you vehicle at the hotel or pay for parking by disney land everyday. There was also a free shuttle called the OC trolley, you could use this shuttle to get to shopping and other attractions in the close proximity.

I would definitely recommend this place to larger families, the value is great, the rooms are comfortable, and the staff were really awesome; wish we could come back next year!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor so it was very quite; to be honest I have never had more quite room than at...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I do apologize about the disruption due to the pipe break, but am happy to hear that the team was able to make up for the inconvenience, and ultimately make your visit positively memorable. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed at this Homewood Suites over three years ago and had a great experience.I should have read through more reviews.The one that stuck with me and I thought that would never happen did.A former smoking room.The stench is nasty.I reserved non smoking and was told there were no more rooms available.I actually used purex washer dryer sheets around the room which helped me breath at night.Okay done complaining about that.

The other review I read was they were about to start a big renovation on the hotel.If I were another traveler I would wait.Some lights not working,Stains on lamp shades,broken refrigerator door.Mostly little stuff you might not let get to you but it builds.Slow creaky elevators(Tower of Terror is less frightening),leaks all over the first floor.Broken phones.Some of the room is newer,I believe the bathrooms were newer.There were NO bugs so that is a plus.

Now housekeeping and breakfast staff were on their game.Excellent dinner we had there two nights.They had moist pulled pork to make homemade tacos,Bud light,wine,soda.This is where they shine! Hard working friendly staff.Plus with the awesome breakfast and dinner a value but if I had to do over... No I would not.They also had coffee and a fruit filled cold water pitcher that was awesome after a long hot day at Disney.

We did spend most of our time at Disney.We paid $4 a person a day for their shuttle.They share with the Marriott next door and pick you up at quarter after and quarter of the hour.And pick you up every half hour at Disney,about a Half? mile walk from the bus drop off is the entrance for Disney.The shuttle drivers were amazing also.Informative,funny helpful and excellent service.

Our family loves Homewood Suites overall and stood at two outstanding ones on our trip to California.This was our Lemon.But you are at Disney and California which is happiness! And it can always be worse, right!!!

Room Tip: Try to get them to guarantee you in writing a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joanne b

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know the challenges experienced during your visit.

I will be working closely with my housekeeping and engineering departments to ensure we put these issues are put behind us, and am sure our current renovation will help leap us forward as well. Please accept my sincerest apologies, and am sure these will not be problems during your next visit.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Do not let the pictures online mislead you. THe lobby is amazing, pool was nice. Bathroom in the suite does not have a fan. The bathtub plugged and not fixed. Some of the staff were rude. This is definately NOT HILTON quality. Halls and elevator were DIRTY> APPEARS to have a leak and base boards were missing. Hallways are dim and creepy feeling. Beds were comfortable. It is close to DISNEY which is a plus. BUT the airport shuttle booking that the front desk assists with was a disaster. We ended up booking our own after cancelling the one they booked. It was a waste of time to have them book for us.

Room Tip: Stay at the HILTON next door
2  Thank leannw591

Reviewed April 10, 2013

So every year, the husband goes to Las Vegas for March Madness, leaving me and our two devastatingly handsome but crazy exhausting boys home alone for just plain madness. This year, March Madness coordinated with my boys' spring break, so I wasn't even going to be able to send them to school for some daily alone time. That just ain't right! So this year, I threw a tantrum, if he got to go to the happiest place on earth, then the boys and I were going to go to the second happiest place on earth. That's right - Disneyland! One of my friends was going with her family and was staying at one of the Disney properties. I checked it out, but holy wads of cash Batman! Four HUNDRED freakin' dollars a night! Not gonna happen on my watch....

A quick internet search (OK, I obsessed about it for a couple of days) got me a smokin' good rate at the Homewood Suites. When traveling with my family, a door between my boys can mean the difference between a stressed-out Momma and a calm, serene Momma. Can I get an "Amen" sisters? In any case, the husband realized quickly (he's a smart one) it was a good idea to go along with the idea. We'd drive down together as a family, the next morning the hubs would fly to Vegas, and the boys and I would go to Disneyland.

OK, so we arrive on a Monday afternoon around 3:00. We had requested a Disney-facing room on a high floor so we could watch the fireworks in our pajamas. Because the hubs is Hilton Silver (that's just how he rolls), they accomodated this request, but our room wasn't quite ready. No problem, off to the natural grocery store (Mother's) to stock up on supplies (gotta love the full-size in-room fridge!). We got back, room still not ready, but I'm sure it's because it was getting extra-specially clean for Mr. Hilton Silver. Around 5ish, got into the room and were given a kit-kat bar wrapped with Mr. Hilton Silver's name on it. Who doesn't love free candy? I pointed out to my boys that it had Daddy's name on it and therefore wasn't theirs, and voila! Two more kit-kat bars magically appeared! I like rollin' with Mr. Silver. Just sayin'.

We went up to our room and began unpacking for our 6-day stay. So here's the bad news, the A/C didn't work. Now that I'm in my middle years, I like my cool air. But I'm in such a good mood, I don't care! OK, so the bathroom sink didn't drain, um, eww. No problem! Brush your teeth in the kitchen boys! A quick call downstairs, and housekeeping arriveed with fans, extra towels (Mr. Silver likes to shower. A lot. Just sayin'.), and another chair since there were only two at the dining table.

The next morning, we got up early to attack Disney. We took the shuttle ($20/adult and $5/kid for a 5-day pass, a good value in my book) that took us there without stopping at a zillion hotels. OK, the shuttle was crowded, but it was great not to drive. Did the whole Disney thing, came back in the afternoon. Not only was the A/C and sink fixed, but a bag of candy was left behind for our inconvenience. I skimmed all the good stuff (who doesn't love a Snickers?) and gave the rest to my boys. I love this place!

The first night without, I was too tired to take my boys out to dinner, so used the free reception food downstairs (chicken fajitas, as I recall) and supplemented with leftovers from the night before and veggies from the natural grocery (gotta love the two-burner stove!). Surprisingly, it didn't suck. I mean, I'm still going to go to SuperMex in Fullerton for some housemade guac every time I'm in the area, but for free food, it was pretty tasty! And the wine was pretty drinkable too! One word of caution, don't serve yourself wine in one of those big plastic cups, it turns out that they hold more than Dr. Oz recommends you drink for optimum health. Just sayin'. Free breakfast every morning too - who doesn't love a hot waffle?

The next four days were more of the same, although another family joined us for two of those days. Overall, everything went pretty well. Luis at the front desk was not only friendly and helpful, but gave us some good Disney advice AND a coupon for the pizza place next door (Oggis) that saved me $15! Byron (the GM, I believe) was out and about, keepin' it real and greeting the masses during the reception, not hiding in some cushy air-conditioned office. Pretty much everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful.

On the downside, three busses of high school kids arrived for a band competition at Disney, and were all over the lobby one afternoon trying to get checked in, and the elevators were a bit backed up for a while (where do you get a Fast Pass for this ride anyway?). Also, the pool was closed for "maintenance" (which gave me an excuse not to take my kids here), but other than that, smooth sailing. I would actually consider doing Disney as a single Mom again next year.

Room Tip: Get a Disney facing room on the 6th floor (or 7th floof if you're a smoker) and you can watch th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ShesaBadMammaJamma

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights/5 days during the busy Easter weekend. Arrived super early and hotel had no problems holding our luggages. Even stored some baby milk for us in a back fridge before we could check in. This was our first ever stay at a Homewood Suites. We opted for the Homewood for a larger room instead of the traditional Hampton or Hilton. Embassey did not have the best reviews so I did not want to risk it. We made good choice especially at $119/night. Two large rooms. Semi-large "L" shaped sofa for everyone to relax in one place. Nice flat screen TVs in each room. CLOSET PLACE!! Two huge closets in sleeping area. Great when traveling with 3-kids and lots of luggages and strollers. Each TV sits on a walnut colored large dresser and not a standard TV stand. So each stand had 3 large storage drawers for storing clothes. Large sink outside of restroom so someone can shower while others get ready. Kitchen area was fine. They provide basic essentials I usually have to buy such as dish soap and NEW dish sponges, so that was convenient. Semi-large fridge and freezer so plenty of space to store items. Queen size beds, not full-size, were nice and comfy. Had no problem with temperature controls as mentioned in other reviews. Breakfast was standard but plentiful, but as others noted, LOTS and LOTS of people, so get there early as they pickup as soon as 9AM (weekdays) and 9:30 (weekends) hits the clock. Hotel is hidden off from Harbor Blvd behind the larger Marriott. You need to turn and drive on Chapman to actually see hotel, we passed it up twice. Starbucks located inside of Marriott but since the two hotels seem to share parking area that was very convenient, without having to pay the full Marriott price. Parking was always full but we always found a spot. Hotel is a bit older than most of the newly renovated Hilton properties but you can not beat the amenities for the price and location. We will definitly stay here again when we go back in a few years especially for the space you can get for the price.

Room Tip: We requested room on low floor to avoid chaos with elevators. We got a room on 2nd floor (222) and o...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#3 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!