“The Suite and hospitality was unexpected for the price.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Marana, Arizona
“The Suite and hospitality was unexpected for the price.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Suite and hospitality was unexpected for the price. They could have charged double their current rate!!! Very friendly staff both during the day and at night. They always went above and beyond any requests that I had.

1 Thank Andrew S
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that the team was able make your visit positively memorable. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I liked everything about my stay here. We came to go to Disneyland, and we were so comfortable. I would highly recommend Homewood Suites to anyone looking for the best value for their travelling dollars.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Justin F
Auburn, California, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had an aboslutey wonderful trip. We always stay at this hotel, we love the staff...especially Luis and Connie! They welcome us each and every time and treat us as if we are family.
We enjoy the morning breakfast and evening managers reception, it really helps save money....we only have to pay for lunch at the Disney parks....
Thank you so much to the entire staff for making our annual Spring Break trip a success!

Room Tip: Get an upper room facing the Disney parks, you can see the fireworks from your room :-)
Springfield, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for several nights in mid March. Our room size was rather small compared to the other Homewood Suites rooms we have stayed in. The doors in the room would not close unless you pushed them rather hard, which wake everyone up every time someone got up to get a drink or use the bathroom doing the night. The room was also located on the first floor next to a side door which got used a lot and could be heard opening and closing every time someone used it all night. Housekeeping was vacuuming the hallway at 6am right outside the door that morning. We were told we could move rooms and that our luggage would be moved while we were at Disneyland, but when we returned at 10pm we were told no rooms became available, then when I asked them to check again there was a room open. So at 10:30 pm with a sleeping 2 year old and a tired 8 year old we had to move our luggage. I’m not complaining that we had to move it our self but when told it would be done we decided stayed at the park till 10pm.No one at the hotel even offered to help. At least we got sleep the second night after moving our luggage. The housekeeping did not leave any towels or shampoo the next day. So we had to call the front desk to get some but the phone did not work in the room. Also the blankets for the sofa sleeper we dirty. The room A/C did not work very well in either room. It got hot fast. We will never stay at this place again. I would like to add we are members of the Hilton Honors and this is the worse “Hilton” hotel we have ever stayed at.

1 Thank CWF6271977
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know the challenges experienced during your visit.

I will be working closely with my housekeeping and engineering departments to ensure we put these issues are put behind us, and am sure our current renovation will help leap us forward as well. Please accept my sincerest apologies, and am sure these will not be problems during your next visit.
Saskatchewan
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel was ok. PROS: The space with kids. We've stayed in Homewood Suites before and enjoy the room sizes. The pool area was very nice. The service of the front desk staff was great and the price was right. CONS: it is a tired property. The housekeeping staff didn't clean our room for 2 days despite continuous calls. Food was pretty bad.
I am a Loyal Hilton member and love their properties, but this one left something to be desired. Like I said it wasn't great and wasn't terrible

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank roadmap12
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Rooms were good, appliances worked & were modern, convenient Disney shuttle. Pool broke down while we were there, but staff made arrangements with hotel next door to use there pool so worked out well. Great location - lots of restaurants close by and a Target with full grocery store across the street - great for saving money on eating when going to Disneyland, or if (like us) you have people with dietary restrictions and can't eat out a heck of a lot. Elevator very slow, but overall, very good experience. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are better. Elevator is very slow and heavily used. You'll probably find it fa...
Brentwood, California
Reviewed March 25, 2013

One needed a PHD to figure out the possessed AC system and of course the windows would not open. Nothing like dragging kids around Disneyland and returning to a sauna only to find complicated directions on how to work the AC. I travel a lot and this thermostat was waaaaay tto complicated and went back to 80 degrees every night at 4 am. Go to the pool? Yeah right it too was out of commission during our visit. Kids loved that......great transportation to park though great staff and welcome reception with free wine was excellent after a Disney-Day. The temp thing woke us all up every night though and was a deal breaker.

Room Tip: get a room where the windows open...ground floor??
1 Thank J L
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I do apologize about the disruption due to thermostat programming challenges. As we don’t get many of these complaints, on your next visit, please reach out to the team and we will have someone come to your room, to ensure it is programmed to your liking. I do apologize about the pool as well. Unfortunately the system was vandalized, and was out of service for about 3 days. I am happy to hear that the team stood out, and that we were able to accommodate you in a small way. I am also happy to announce our rooms and corridor renovation, so hopefully we will see you soon, and you will be able to enjoy our refreshed look.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#5 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!