Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Anaheim Marriott Suites(Garden Grove)
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orange County(Garden Grove)
  • Restaurant
1,554 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerfree dinnerwafflesacross the streetslow elevatorbeer and winemon thursfull kitchenlight dinnerfront desk staffparking lotevening receptionred robinseparate bedroomcomplimentary breakfastjoe's crab shackpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel was ok. PROS: The space with kids. We've stayed in Homewood Suites before and enjoy the room sizes. The pool area was very nice. The service of the front desk staff was great and the price was right. CONS: it is a tired property. The housekeeping staff didn't clean our room for 2 days despite continuous calls. Food was pretty bad.
I am a Loyal Hilton member and love their properties, but this one left something to be desired. Like I said it wasn't great and wasn't terrible

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank roadmap12
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that the team was able make your visit positively memorable. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Rooms were good, appliances worked & were modern, convenient Disney shuttle. Pool broke down while we were there, but staff made arrangements with hotel next door to use there pool so worked out well. Great location - lots of restaurants close by and a Target with full grocery store across the street - great for saving money on eating when going to Disneyland, or if (like us) you have people with dietary restrictions and can't eat out a heck of a lot. Elevator very slow, but overall, very good experience. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are better. Elevator is very slow and heavily used. You'll probably find it faster and more convenient to use stairs.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

One needed a PHD to figure out the possessed AC system and of course the windows would not open. Nothing like dragging kids around Disneyland and returning to a sauna only to find complicated directions on how to work the AC. I travel a lot and this thermostat was waaaaay tto complicated and went back to 80 degrees every night at 4 am. Go to the pool? Yeah right it too was out of commission during our visit. Kids loved that......great transportation to park though great staff and welcome reception with free wine was excellent after a Disney-Day. The temp thing woke us all up every night though and was a deal breaker.

Room Tip: get a room where the windows open...ground floor??
1  Thank J L

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I do apologize about the disruption due to thermostat programming challenges. As we don’t get many of these complaints, on your next visit, please reach out to the team and we will have someone come to your room, to ensure it is programmed to your liking. I do apologize about the pool as well. Unfortunately the system was vandalized, and was out of service for about 3 days. I am happy to hear that the team stood out, and that we were able to accommodate you in a small way. I am also happy to announce our rooms and corridor renovation, so hopefully we will see you soon, and you will be able to enjoy our refreshed look.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a decent hotel. The rooms have a full kitchen, however for a family of 6 its kind of a small suite. The sofa and carpeting is not the cleanest. It was a quiet hotel, we didnt hear noise from any other room. The front desk staff were very friendly. The hot breakfast is good, it just ends really early (9am). You have to cab it or shuttle ride to Disney but a cab ride is only approx $10 (much cheaper than a family to take the shuttle). Good restaurants are across the parking lot. We liked enough to stay here a second time.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

As stay at a lot of Hilton's and have been a diamond member for the last 6 years. I wanted to like this property and I will continue to come back due to some upcoming reservations, but I had issues. As everyone says, the elevators are bad! Use the stairs people, it is much quicker and better for you. So, I return on a Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 and the room isn't serviced. Ok, no biggie. I call the front desk and ask if they can send housekeeping as soon as they can. No problem sir. I go to the lobby and work from there for 90 mins, so it is now 5PM. I go back to the room and sure enough, the room is still not serviced. I am about ready to blow a gasket, but I calmly go to the front desk and tell the desk staff about my disappointment, they apologize profusely. I go back to my room and at 5:30 a knock on my door and it's housekeeping, I give her $2 and go downstairs and eat free fajitas.
The design of this Homewood Suites is not one of my favorite if you travel solo. All the rooms are one bedroom so obviously there is a wall between the bedroom and living room. That coupled with the way too big couch they have in the rooms, make it feel small. They should have designed it better. The dishware in the rooms makes me laugh. The bowls can handle about two tablespoons of cereal and the coffee cups the same two tablespoons of coffee. There are no soup spoons in the room. Ugh! I do like they have dish detergent though.They also occasionally leave you cute little animals made from towels on your bed. The last night was another issue I had. I get concerned with properties like this book 150 or so high school band students all at once. I know they are a business and they can do what they want, but wow. My floor was overrun.The hallways were noisy, with doors slamming, the pool was crazy with instruments playing at 9:30 at night. I decided I would get up and be down to breakfast at 6:30 to beat the crowd. Wrong! They were already there and the kitchen and eating area was a disaster. Huge line for waffles and people all over. I felt so sorry for the staff as well as myself, Ha!
They have decent evening meals four nights a week, always with salad. As mentioned the fajitas and they had meatball sandwiches, hot dogs, and cheese pasta shells the other nights.
I am scheduled for two more stays in May and I am going to keep them, but they may be the turning point whether I return after that.

Room Tip: You have the pool and if its busy its noisy of you like the window open, or a view of Chapman ave which is a busy traffic street. Choose your poison.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I do apologize for the many challenges. I am happy to hear that the team stood out, and that we were able to accommodate you in a small way. I am also happy to announce our rooms and corridor renovation, so you will be able to enjoy our refreshed look during your next visit. This renovation should be completed by mid-June, so I will apologize in advance, as there may be some disruption due to this project.