“Friendly staff, good value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Victoria, Canada
“Friendly staff, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Rooms were good, appliances worked & were modern, convenient Disney shuttle. Pool broke down while we were there, but staff made arrangements with hotel next door to use there pool so worked out well. Great location - lots of restaurants close by and a Target with full grocery store across the street - great for saving money on eating when going to Disneyland, or if (like us) you have people with dietary restrictions and can't eat out a heck of a lot. Elevator very slow, but overall, very good experience. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are better. Elevator is very slow and heavily used. You'll probably find it fa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that the team was able make your visit positively memorable. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Turkish first
Brentwood, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

One needed a PHD to figure out the possessed AC system and of course the windows would not open. Nothing like dragging kids around Disneyland and returning to a sauna only to find complicated directions on how to work the AC. I travel a lot and this thermostat was waaaaay tto complicated and went back to 80 degrees every night at 4 am. Go to the pool? Yeah right it too was out of commission during our visit. Kids loved that......great transportation to park though great staff and welcome reception with free wine was excellent after a Disney-Day. The temp thing woke us all up every night though and was a deal breaker.

Room Tip: get a room where the windows open...ground floor??
1 Thank J L
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I do apologize about the disruption due to thermostat programming challenges. As we don’t get many of these complaints, on your next visit, please reach out to the team and we will have someone come to your room, to ensure it is programmed to your liking. I do apologize about the pool as well. Unfortunately the system was vandalized, and was out of service for about 3 days. I am happy to hear that the team stood out, and that we were able to accommodate you in a small way. I am also happy to announce our rooms and corridor renovation, so hopefully we will see you soon, and you will be able to enjoy our refreshed look.
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a decent hotel. The rooms have a full kitchen, however for a family of 6 its kind of a small suite. The sofa and carpeting is not the cleanest. It was a quiet hotel, we didnt hear noise from any other room. The front desk staff were very friendly. The hot breakfast is good, it just ends really early (9am). You have to cab it or shuttle ride to Disney but a cab ride is only approx $10 (much cheaper than a family to take the shuttle). Good restaurants are across the parking lot. We liked enough to stay here a second time.

Roseville, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

As stay at a lot of Hilton's and have been a diamond member for the last 6 years. I wanted to like this property and I will continue to come back due to some upcoming reservations, but I had issues. As everyone says, the elevators are bad! Use the stairs people, it is much quicker and better for you. So, I return on a Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 and the room isn't serviced. Ok, no biggie. I call the front desk and ask if they can send housekeeping as soon as they can. No problem sir. I go to the lobby and work from there for 90 mins, so it is now 5PM. I go back to the room and sure enough, the room is still not serviced. I am about ready to blow a gasket, but I calmly go to the front desk and tell the desk staff about my disappointment, they apologize profusely. I go back to my room and at 5:30 a knock on my door and it's housekeeping, I give her $2 and go downstairs and eat free fajitas.
The design of this Homewood Suites is not one of my favorite if you travel solo. All the rooms are one bedroom so obviously there is a wall between the bedroom and living room. That coupled with the way too big couch they have in the rooms, make it feel small. They should have designed it better. The dishware in the rooms makes me laugh. The bowls can handle about two tablespoons of cereal and the coffee cups the same two tablespoons of coffee. There are no soup spoons in the room. Ugh! I do like they have dish detergent though.They also occasionally leave you cute little animals made from towels on your bed. The last night was another issue I had. I get concerned with properties like this book 150 or so high school band students all at once. I know they are a business and they can do what they want, but wow. My floor was overrun.The hallways were noisy, with doors slamming, the pool was crazy with instruments playing at 9:30 at night. I decided I would get up and be down to breakfast at 6:30 to beat the crowd. Wrong! They were already there and the kitchen and eating area was a disaster. Huge line for waffles and people all over. I felt so sorry for the staff as well as myself, Ha!
They have decent evening meals four nights a week, always with salad. As mentioned the fajitas and they had meatball sandwiches, hot dogs, and cheese pasta shells the other nights.
I am scheduled for two more stays in May and I am going to keep them, but they may be the turning point whether I return after that.

Room Tip: You have the pool and if its busy its noisy of you like the window open, or a view of Chapman ave wh...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I do apologize for the many challenges. I am happy to hear that the team stood out, and that we were able to accommodate you in a small way. I am also happy to announce our rooms and corridor renovation, so you will be able to enjoy our refreshed look during your next visit. This renovation should be completed by mid-June, so I will apologize in advance, as there may be some disruption due to this project.
Sandy, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

What a bargain! The complimentary breakfast and dinner (even though we only took advantage of it a few times during our stay) saved our family of 3 over $150. The separate bedroom was so nice for mom and dad - to have a separate space from cartoons and toys - NICE!!! The kitchen allowed us to buy a few essentials (water, coffee, snacks, etc.) and not have to constantly pay for those additional items. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the price was extremely reasonable. I will never stay anywhere else when visiting Disneyland.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor which was weird... as people could peek into my room if they wanted to...
Lihue, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Upon check in Luis the front office supervisor was so nice and cheerful he welcomed us as if we were Vip's. The complementary breakfasts was superb! Hot waffles; bacon; eggs; fresh fruit; oatmeal; cereal; potatoes and much more. They change it up daily so you won't have the same meal but consistantly hot and delicious...something for everyone. No frowning if you pack to go and feast privately in your own room . Worked out great for my little kids. Parking is very convenient. Plenty of side exits so you can get in and out quickly. Rooms are clean and spaceous. A bit dark on the decor but beds are comfortable. Hskpg is great! Friendly staff throughout the hotel...thx to Alan! On our last night my husband brought an uncooked piazza to the Front desk. Luis insisted that the staff ate and cooked it for us. We couldn't believe it. I tried to tip him but he would not take it. Amazing! After 18 years of working for branded hotels and through out our many travels....I have never seen a more outstanding place!!!! We will definately be back.

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We arrived and we were warmly greeted by Bryan the front service manager. He gave our daughters some kit kats and acknowledged us as returning Hilton Honors members. Next, he changed up my room and my dad's room so they were closer together and gave us even better room pricing. Last, he gave us a coupon for Oggi's restaurant just outside the hotel. Bryan runs a tight ship as everyone we dealt with subsequently was as attentative friendly and upbeat as he was. Our daughters have some very serious allergies and when we asked for food ingredients our certain items at breakfast and at the evening reception, the cooking staff brought packaging for us to look at right away. When we had a few problem with Air Conditiioning in one of the rooms, Alan from the front desk immediately arranged for maintenance each time we called. At breakfast on our second day, Alan sought us out and was very apologetic and arranged for a further discount on our second room. Also, fantastic beds and pillows! Great cleaning staff! It's all the little things that make a big difference.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,206 reviews
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!