1,631 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerwafflesbeer and wineacross the streetslow elevatormon thursfull kitchenfront desk staffparking lotfree breakfastevening receptionred robinseparate bedroomjoe's crab shackpool area isliving areapool and hot tub
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Indeed this was a great hotel to stay. Target located nearby is about 10 minutes walk. The hotel staff is every friendly and helpful. The shuttle to DisneyLand runs on schedule.
But I did not give a 5 star for the following reasons.

1. The coffee mugs were not cleaned. The coffee stains were distinctively noticeable.
2. The water seeps very slowly in the bath tub.
3. The breakfast opens at 6:30am on Magic Morning Saturday's. It would be great if breakfast opens at 6:00am even on saturdays. This way the kids could eat a little breakfast before heading out.

1  Thank STERR
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review the Hilton Homewood Suites – Anaheim Main Gate. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us, I am so happy to have you as our guest. I hope to see you and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a two bedroom two bathroom apartment which was good for our family of 5 including two teenage boys. The kitchenette was great, as there was a Target in walking distance we could bring our own food and drinks back to the room easily. The breakfast was really good with lots of choices of hot and cold food. The complementary light dinner Mondays through Thursdays was really nice and it saved us alot of money on dinners .Location is great just a short shuttle ride to Disneyland and walking distance from shops and resturants. The staff are extremely welcoming and friendly, all of them, all of the time.The outdoor pool area is nice. A great place for families to stay the only negative I would say is the rooms are rather dated and when we first walked in the carpets felt dirty and slightly sticky. But overall we enjoyed our stay here and would stay again. Really impressed with how friendly the staff are.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sharon s

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We have been to this hotel a few years ago and it has aged in those years.

Here are the pros of the hotel:
-suite with 2 rooms that have a door that you can close to allow the kids to sleep while you relax outside
-microwave, full fridge, dishwasher
-front desk are very friendly but can get very busy at times and may not always answer the phone
private shuttle they share with the Marriot next door but its $5 for adult and $2 for kids/day-cheaper if you buy multidays, but it's better than the ART shuttle, this one goes from the hotel straight to Disneyland
-2 long miles from Disneyland
-free breakfast daily, manager's dinner Monday-Thurs.

cons:
no safe in room so we had to carry our computers everwhere with us, they have safe deposit box in front desk but very small-won't fit the computer
-self parking but still has to pay $12 bucks per night
-rooms were not bad but the bathrooms need a new look- shower curtains were worn down, cracks in the shower bar that holds the curtain up, paint around the room looks old
-not too much things they offer to their guests for free: no razor, a toothbrush possibly, no combs and other things other hotels do provide as needed
-no upgrades for Hilton Honor members
-breakfast is available but taste is average and gets old after a few days. Super crowded when we were there. Had an egg item, sausage, toast, bread, ceral, make your own waffle. Would be nice to have fresh cooked eggs.
-beds move when you turn, not firm in the room we were in.
-very, very slow main elevator-even the front desk reminds you but the other option is very far.

Overall, this is an average basic stay hotel for Disneyland. With a little remodeling of their rooms, it will be a nice place to stay. But it was nice to have breakfast and a suite hotel-more room is always better. Would be nice not to have to pay for parking for a hotel so far away from the Disneyland main gate.

Room Tip: Target is right across the street, Starbucks is right next door at the other hotel.
2  Thank a8food4thought
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that the team stood out, and were able to assist in making your experience a memorable and enjoyable one. I am also happy to announce our rooms and corridor renovation, so you will be able to enjoy our refreshed look during your next visit. This renovation should be completed by mid-June, so I will apologize in advance, as there may be some disruption due to this project. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here for a week to celebrate our daughter's 10th birthday. We cannot say enough about this hotel. While on the surface, this is a standard Homewood Suites with comfortable rooms, good breakfasts and light supper fare Monday - Thursday, this hotel takes a standard hotel and turns it into a superior hotel with its excellent customer service. The staff caters to the kids. There is a Disney movie playing on a large screen in the lobby. With kids everywhere in the dining area, there is staff all around cleaning up after the kids. The front desk staff is very attentive, and always smiling. There is a shuttle that goes to/from Disneyland for a very small fee. If you are traveling with kids, I would highly recommend this hotel. You will never feel like your children are being a bother. If you are traveling on business, you can also feel comfortable that this hotel is going to provide you with a comfortable suite, and plenty of space to work with good internet access.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 619. Rooms on that side of the hotel have front row seats to the Disneyland fireworks display at 9:30PM every night.
3  Thank wardgarner

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay in homewood suites and highly recommend it. The room comes fully equipped with a kitchen, small sitting area with tv, and separate bedroom/bathroom. Perfect for famillies or people on business trips. Doesnt have a hotel feel. Also, free breakfast and dinner which is great!
Have to compliment the staff, especially Gus V and the manager for taking such good care of us and giving very hospitable service.
Highly recommended.