1,631 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerwafflesbeer and wineacross the streetslow elevatormon thursfull kitchenfront desk staffparking lotfree breakfastevening receptionred robinseparate bedroomjoe's crab shackpool area isliving areapool and hot tub
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Like many other reviewers, I want to send kudos to the staff at the Homewood Suites. They made our extended time at their hotel very enjoyable. This is a great value for a hotel near Disneyland since it includes breakfast and a light evening meal Monday-Thursday, plus the benefits of a separate room(s) for sleeping and a complete kitchen. The decor is clean and modern and there is plenty of parking available. The pool area is nice and there is also a small business center with two computers you can use for free to catch up on email or news or print boarding passes.

A few other tips:

The elevator near the front desk is often busy, so either use the other elevator at the opposite end of the room wing or use the stairs if you are on a lower floor.

Breakfast can get crowded, particularly with families during the 8 am to 9 am times, so try coming down early to have a pick of seating and less traffic in front of the serving areas. Or simply grab a tray and bring your food to your room.

We found the shuttle buses to and from Disneyland very convenient (the park is a bit over a mile walk to the front gate). And the driver on the return to the hotel even made the bus "dance" a bit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review the Hilton Homewood Suites – Anaheim Main Gate. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us, I am so happy to have you as our guest. I hope to see you and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We just returned from a 4-day stay here at Homewood Suites. We were so pleased! What a wonderful value, not only is there a complimentary breakfast, but Monday-Thurs a light dinner is also served. After a day at the park, the complimentary beer and wine was a perfect treat for parents. The full kitchen was a bonus too, we were able to save a great deal of money eating in and having our own cold drinks. The room was clean and newly updated. The separate bedroom also allowed for napping kids or earlier bedtimes. Our kids enjoyed swimming in the pool as well. The hotel staff was also very friendly and the shuttle service was outstanding.

The only reason I am not giving 5-Stars is because our room was not made up. We returned in the late afternoon to find our room was dirty (the free bag of microwave popcorn the hotel provided was nice, but with two little kids it resulted in messy carpet). I phoned the front desk and they said they would send someone at 6pm to clean it. We left for Disneyland, when we returned at 10pm, the room was still unmade. This was a bit frustrating as we thought it had been taken care of. Luckily, they did send someone with fresh towels.

We appreciated the staff allowing us to check in an hour early to accommodate our toddler's nap time. The caliber of the service-orientated staff is truly what makes this hotel a gem.

When we return to Disneyland, we will definitely stay here again! And we will recommend it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and pleased we didn't have to stand in the elevator line!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristin M

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stayed at many different properties in the area during our trips to Disneyland. This is by far the best value I have found. Our family of four (2 children ages 10 and 8) loved the extra space of a suite. We had a large, clean room with comfortable beds, two large closets and hot showers with good water pressure. Our family enjoyed the daily breakfast; waffles, eggs, cereal, yogurt, pastries and the like. We also ate at one of the dinners, while it's not going to earn any Michelin stars, the food was wholesome, plentiful and hot. Mom and dad especially enjoyed a glass of wine and a beer at the end of a long day ;-) The staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool. The shuttle was on time and the drivers were very helpful. The lobby was very welcoming with coffee and flavored (lemon, cucumber, etc) ice water always available, a comfy, large waiting area with child friendly movie playing and once we even timed it right and were there for fresh baked cookies. We will be back and this experience has me looking to Homewood for more of our vacation stays!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank abcmom123

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Recently spent 8 nights at this homey, pleasant, hotel, nestled among some huge hotels close to Disneyland. The friendly, extremely accomodating staff made our stay comfortable and truly one of the best bargains in southern California. We travellers have come to expect free continental breakfasts , but the addition of a free happy hour/light (but very adequate) dinner served Mondays through Thursdays was an unexpected bonus. Byron, Gus, Ben and the entire front desk and food service staff were welcoming and went out of their way to make us feel at home. Rooms were clean; kitchen was handy and equipped with cookware and dinnerware, (no ovens except microwave),

Room Tip: We chose a pool side room which was quieter than street side; large pool looked great for families.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The cleanliness of this homewood suites and the staff was AMAZING. Location & shuttle great. Complimentary breakfast was great. We highly recommend Homewood Suites. The Staff was the best and their smiles were warming we stay at a lot of homewood suites and this staff was just amazing.

• Stayed: October 2012
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that the team stood out, and were able to assist in making your experience a memorable and enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you again.