1,638 results
All reviews breakfast and dinner waffles beer and wine across the street slow elevator mon thurs full kitchen front desk staff parking lot free breakfast evening reception red robin separate bedroom joe's crab shack pool area is living area pool and hot tub
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We booked 2 rooms and we were all extremely pleased with our 5 day stay. The rooms were clean and all the amenities were provided daily. The shuttle to Disneyland is convenient for a $4 a day pass per person. The breakfast is awesome with make your own waffles! The dinner from Mondays to Thursdays is such a welcome family time, especially if returning from a day of touring. Having the extra living area with full kitchen made it feel like home and not a hotel. Our family will definitely return in the future. Also, the front desk personnel were one of the best that we have experienced!. Their genuine interactions with everyone was such a refreshing change from other places. All the staff were wonderful! Starbucks and Oggis next door. Target across the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane K
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review the Hilton Homewood Suites – Anaheim Main Gate. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us, I am so happy to have you as our guest. I hope to see you and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We are a family of 6 on vacation and we stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and were extremely happy with our stay. The room was spacious and clean (ours had two closets and a sectional sleeper sofa) The breakfast was great (it's true that the breakfast is less busy the earlier you go--I went at 615am and was the only one there and by 815 you will wait in a long line to make a waffle). We stayed on the first floor and found it quiet and easy to get unpacked, to breakfast, etc because we didn't need to use the slow elevator. The complimentary dinner mon-thurs saved our family a ton of money and was yummy! This is not within walking distance to Disneyland, and, having stayed several times at this hotel, we have used both the hotel shuttle service and driving our own vehicle to the parks. Our preference is driving our own vehicle because we were more in control of our schedule and didn't need to work around the shuttle schedule and because we have a large family the shuttle was more expensive than parking at the theme parks. As long as we can get what we feel to be a decent and competitive rate at this hotel, it will be our hotel of choice for our Disney vacations! The staff was friendly and really went up and beyond to make our Disney experience magical! Thank you!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor! Close to breakfast and the exit and you don't need to use the very slow elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jckerr6

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family of seven stayed in late August for eight nights and we all can't say enough about the experience. The staff is first class. Ben was especially helpful that week. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast was loaded with choices for all and very good. The Monday to Thursday night managers meal was very good as well. The cost was excellent and very affordable. Great location for Disneyland attractions. Highly recommend! We thank Joe and his staff for a wonderful experience with excellent customers service skills and look forward to staying with Homewood again in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill S
Gary H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time to reach out and let me know about your experience during your recent visit. I am happy to hear that the team stood out, and were able to assist in making your experience a memorable and enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The positives: Very good hotel, located in very close proximity to Disneyland. Staff go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Shuttle bus service to Disneyland is cheap and runs every 30 mins at least. Breakfast is adequate and well prepared - waffles, eggs, sausage, cereals, pastries. Pool was out of order when we were there, so cannot review - however, they had an arrangement with Marriott (next door) so we could use their pool - which was no hassle at all. The drawbacks: we booked this hotel through Disneyland Travel - which allocates a designated style of room for our family of five, which was on the small side (2 Queens plus Sofa Bed in small combined lounge/kitchen area). however, as we were out all day and not spending too much time in our room, we didn't mind it too much. Second drawback are those extremely slow lifts! Use the stairs if you are able-bodied or you will be standing around for a while. Suggest the hotel invest in a new lift or two. All up, a very good stay for 6 nights with very good staff and services. Thank you!

Room Tip: See if you can upgrade to a bigger room if you have a family of five.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TJE66

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I just returned from a two week stay at this hotel and want to let others know what a great experience I had. There were three adults in my party and we were totally comfortable in a roomy one bedroom suite with kitchenette. What made this stay exceptional was the friendly and helpful front desk and food server staff. They responded to every request with a pleasant attitude and went out of their way to take care of our needs. Byron, the hotel manager, checked with us frequently to see if we needed anything. The daily breakfasts and week day light dinners with wine and beer were delicious and plentiful. We received daily housekeeping service, which was a pleasant surprise for an extended stay hotel. The pool and patio area was very nice and the location is walking distance to restaurants and Target, in addition to being close to Disneyland. I highly recommend this hotel for an extended stay. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool is quieter than street side. If non-feather pillows are needed, they must be requested.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary Jo L

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to review the Hilton Homewood Suites – Anaheim Main Gate. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us, and hope to see you and your friends in the near future.