1,631 results
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerwafflesbeer and wineacross the streetslow elevatormon thursfull kitchenfront desk staffparking lotfree breakfastevening receptionred robinseparate bedroomjoe's crab shackpool area isliving areapool and hot tub
Reviewed February 13, 2008

we had 6 adults in our group. we had a great stay. staff was very friendly, house keeping was great. we had to call to get extra towels a few times but we had a large group so that was fine. we will stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank 9kahnefan9
Reviewed February 8, 2008

We (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed here in January 2008 for 13 nights. My husband was there for the NAMM convention. while he did that, we visited Disneyland & California Adventure seven times! The hotel staff were great. The breakfast and evening reception was good, and saved us money, there was enough variety to keep us going throughout the day. We used the ART shuttle everyday, it was very good, stopped right outside the hotel. The kids enjoyed the pool and spa.
There are quite a few restaurants in the area which provided a variety of food. Our kids loved having a seperate TV in the bedroom. The only downside was the the slow elevator, but because we were on the fourth floor, most of the time, we used the stairs which was much faster than the elevator. I found when I was using the coin-operated laundry, the best time was early in the morning or in the afternoon, never in the evening - because there are only 3 washers and 3 dryers, and they were all taken up.
We enjoyed our stay there and would not hesitate to return in the future.

5  Thank jakmusic
Reviewed February 2, 2008

My husband, our 4 year old, my mother in law and I stayed there three nights (Jan 2008) and had a great experience the entire time. Check in was quick. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even allowed us to check in at 11AM on a Sunday. I specifically requested a high floor room facing Disneyland, which we got. I noticed more business travelers than families here, likely related to a huge convention that was in town.

The layout of the rooms worked really well for our group. The sofabed was about the size of a double bed. Two large televisions, two large closets in the bedroom. Our room had new duvet/down-like covers (not the typical cheap covers) which were really wonderful. The beds were extremely comfortable. The kitchen was fully equipped with dishes, pots, pans, toaster, coffee maker, dishwasher, utinsels. Free Internet and morning USA Today.

High marks for the coin-operated washer and dryers (there are 3 each), free breakfast (belguim waffles, yogurt, breads, fresh juices, cereal, egg/sausage, fruit, etc), 24-hour convenience 'shop' in the lobby, large seating area off the lobby, Starbucks withing 200 yards of the lobby entrance, and Target across the street.

The challenges - there is one main elevator near the lobby which is painfully slow, especially in the morning. I heard there was a second elevator further away but never checked it out. Also, if you have a ton of luggage and need assistance to/from the room, they'll offer a bellman's luggage cart but no bellman (there are no bellman/valet staff). Lastly, the walls are pretty thin. I could hear neighbors coughing.

Depite the challenges, we will definitely stay there again.

4  Thank Seattle_Travel_Nut
Reviewed January 26, 2008

One word to describe the Homewood Suites,Anaheim. FANTASTIC
Our family of two adults and two children had a most enjoyable 8 nights at the Homewood Suites,Anaheim in January 2008.The whole place is delightful, the suits are spacious and immaculately clean, with all the facilities required for a comfortable stay.
The food at breakfast and at the evening snack, is plentiful and of as good a quality as can be found in the US.
The staff are all most friendly and helpful to the point of embarrassment, a couple of examples. After a marathon session at Disneyland,we did not leave our suite one day until after 2pm, long sleep followed by leisurely breakfast. When we returned we were surprised to find that the maid service had come in the afternoon to make up our room, not many hotels have maid service after 12 noon.
Our Coffey maker packed up one morning. A new one arrived within 5 minutes of our phone call.
I needed to check some emails one evening but the business center was busy, I was shown to a staff office to use one of their computers.
These are some nice touches the sets this place apart from others, along with the 24hr free Coffey at reception and the freshly made chocolate chip cookies if you happen to pass through the foyer at around 10pm.
The whole place seems to run like a Switz watch, with every body doing there job and in the quietest way possible, for which I sure Joe the manager must get some of the credit. For a hotel at its location close to Disneyland with lots of children staying the place is amazing quiet.
Disneyland was great and because of the hotel we were able to enjoy it all the more.
We returned each evening for a swim in the heated pool, a soak in the hot tub and a snack before going back for more punishment.
Its too long to walk to Disneyland but the shuttle seems very reliable.
Universal Studios was a big disappointment, same old tour as twenty years ago and not much else. Have an extra day in Disneyland instead!
But this is a hotel review. I would give the Homewood Suites,Anaheim---9.9999 out of 10 the lifts were a little bit slow.
Doyle family Ireland

2  Thank DoyleIreland091
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We stayed for 10 nights over Christmas and New year, while we vacationed around southern California. As other guests have mentioned, the front desk staff are all very pleasant people and they are only too happy to assist guests. The daily buffet breakfast was good and offered enough variety to get everybody started for the day in our family. The evening meals weren't what I would call fantastic but they were hot and tasted fine. There was a variety of meals offered during our stay and we certainly saved a few dollars by eating at the hotel when it was convenient for us.
Our room was well appointed, mind you the sofa-bed mattress was a touch thin. Towels were changed daily even though we tried to save them (to re-use a second time). We never used the range-top but the microwave and toaster were put to good use. I give the hotel top marks for providing my family with a very comfortable location for our holiday - we will happily stay here again any time we get back to southern CA.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family