“Love this place!”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Sacramento, California
“Love this place!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Free beer and wine and dinner mon thru thrus! Love it! Clean and a nice hotel

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica124
Homewoodgmjoe, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
We're glad you love it!!! Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Turkish first
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The rooms are comfortable, the staff is kind and gracious, the property is close enough to Disneyland with convenient shuttle service, and we'd stay here again. Free morning breakfast and evening dinner are a nice touch.

Room Tip: Front elevator is very slow and most everyone wants to use it. Try to get a room towards the rear of...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank sink-me
We're happy you had a good stay and enjoyed the hotel. That is an excellent tip about using the back elevator.....it is a fast and convenient way to get around the hotel and rarely gets used.
sask
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is our first time staying at this location but have stayed at others. The staff here is amazing, all very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, housekeeping great. Breakfast is more than your typical continental breakfast which is great. Evening Reception meal is simple, but it wonderful to come home from a day at disney and not have to take tired kids out or cook something! Gym was perfect for me, I needed a treadmill and some weights. Kiddie pool was very cold, kiddies couldn't use. We only have a couple of minor complaints about the hotel and that is the duvet covers are very noisy, they sound like slippery sleeping bags and the elevator is slow, but not huge issues at all. We will be staying here again next year!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank northerntctlc
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I absolutely agree with you; we do have a great staff and we are fortunate to have each and every one of them. We are looking forward to seeing you again next year!
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed here for the third time last month. I cashed in some of my Hilton Honors points for a room. The desk staff knew us when we came in the door! That is awesome. Our room was ready and on the second floor. We prefer higher floors but for one night it was ok. I have the highest regards for this hotel. Love it, love it. Will stay here again. The only problem I have ever had was this time. A couple days after leaving, I realized I forgot my husbands WDW jacket in the closet. It was very expensive and his good jacket against rain and cold. I called the hotel and they checked the room and there was nothing there and they also checked the lost and found and failed to find the jacket. I am really disappointed. If I had the room after someone and found the jacket I would call the front desk and turn it in. Second, did the housekeeping staff even find it? If they did, aren't they supposed to turn stuff in that is left by guests? I guess someone needed that jacket more than we did:(

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank taylorta2010
We are glad you had such a good stay but sorry to hear about the loss of your husband's jacket. I personally spoke with the room attendant that cleaned your suite as well as the housekeeping supervisor that inspected the suite and neither saw the jacket. Most of our staff has been here for many years and we have a very high success rate of finding items that are left behind by our guests. If I can be of any assistance at all, please contact me at: joe.leinacker@hilton.com.
We hope to see you back again on your next visit to the Anaheim/Orange County area.
Dayton, Nevada
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is the second time we've stayed here. The staff is THE BEST hands down! I have never run into more helpful people anywhere. The rooms are great, beds are super comfy, and they have bedding for the pull out bed already in the room ready for use. I didn't use the kitchen this time (really who wants to cook on vacation) but I did a little last time and everything was in perfect working order. The leave you to want for nothing, dish soap, sponge, everything you have at home is in the kitchen. Yep, even a dishwasher! This trip our TV wasn't working really well and they literally had a new one in our room in less than 10 minutes! Towels were delivered within minutes when needed. The one thing that was a bit of a let down this time vs last was the dinners and breakfasts. We missed the individual yogurts. My kids wouldn't touch the dinners, however that's our problem, not the hotels.I just wish there was some kind of alternate for them. Simple Mac and Cheese? My husband and I enjoyed them enough though, and since it's included in the very reasonable price, it's a tiny complaint. We used the pool quite a bit, and found it a good temp, hot tub was nice, little kids pool was COLD! but we didn't really need it. We will be back next year at Christmas time. Oh and did I mention the staff is THE BEST?!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank poodlepuffer
Thank you for writing this amazing review of your stay at the Homewood Suites Anaheim. We truly feel that we have a special group of associates that work here and we are thrilled that you feel the same. We appreciate your feedback on some areas where we can improve as we attempt to make the experience better each visit. We hope to see you again very soon.
Forest Grove, Oregon
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have to say that this may be one of the best hotels that we have stayed at. The room was very large, very clean and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast and dinner service was very good and there was always plenty of food available. The lines for the waffles were always too long for me the wait as there are six of us. Maybe some more waffle makers are needed.

Housekeeping was great but there were never enough towels for our family. There were six registered in our party and I had to go to the front desk for more towels and washrags three times.

We tried the pool one day but it was insanely cold! I'm sure that it was not even 70 degrees and the kiddie pool was even colder.

On our second day, out older twins celebrated their 6th birthday and the hotel staff was nice enough to have a goodie bag in the room when we returned from Disneyland with stuffed animals and candy. They were very surprised as was I. We will be staying here on a return trip!

Room Tip: The elevators are VERY slow so try to get a room on the first or second floor!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Benjamin M
We very much appreciate that you took the time to write this review. Thank you for pointing out how perfect the Homewood Suites is for large families.
We are looking to add a few more waffle makers to make the wait a little shorter as everyone loves a freshly made waffle for breakfast.
We did have the pool heater go out and it took a few days before the new one could be delivered and installed. We hope that this didn't have too much of a negative impact on your stay. Rest assured that the pool is a warm 82 degrees now and waiting for your next trip.
If there is anything that I can do to assist with your next visit, please contact me at: joe.leinacker@hilton.com.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My family of four really enjoyed our stay here. It was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Getting to and from Disneyland was very easy. We used the city owned shuttle which picked us up just next door. The staff was EXTREMELY nice and accommodating. Great place!

Room Tip: If you sleep in, try to get a room at the end of the hallway so the early risers headed to Disney do...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank AGMG5
Thank you for the very nice review. Clean, spacious, and very comfortable are 3 great ways to describe the Homewood Suites. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,264 reviews
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!