We stayed at this hotel for three nights in December, 2007. We chose this hotel because we wanted the amenities of a suite, like the separate bedroom and the kitchen.
The only thing we didn't like about the hotel was the elevators, which as other reviewers have noted, were slow. We generally took the stairs, but after a long day walking at Disneyland it is nice to ride in an elevator without having a long wait.
Other than the elevators, we liked pretty much everything else about the hotel.
The room was fantastic. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The furnishings were updated and did not seem dated. The bedroom has an actual door that closes, which was fantastic the night I couldn't sleep and was able to watch TV in the other room without disturbing my sleeping spouse. The kitchen was small but functional, and came equipped with all necessary tools and dishes. The kitchen has no oven (micorwave and cooktop only) and the dishwasher might be too noisy to run if someone is sleeping on the sofa bed.
The hotel offers a FANTASTIC free breakfast. It has hot and cold items, waffles, and fountain soda. We grabbed some fruit and yogurt one morning and enjoyed them later in the park. The front desk area and lobby are clean and the staff was very friendly. There is a small 24 hour convenience store that sells wine, souveniers and snack items. There is a 24 hour business center with Internet access and printers.
The hotel location is too far to walk to Disneyland, but the hotel has a shuttle. I drove to the Mickey & Friends structure when I went to the park, so I have no review of the shuttle. There is an Outback Steakhouse and a Joe's Crab Shack in the parking lot of the hotel, and a Target across the street. There is also a Starbucks within easy walking distance of the front desk.
This hotel also has free parking. One of the weekend nights the lot around the hotel was pretty full, but there was ample parking in the back lot. I previously stayed at the Hyatt across the street and paid $12 a day to park my car, so the free parking was a huge plus.
I will stay at this hotel again. I enjoyed the breakfast and the overall value of being able to stock groceries and eat small meals without the high tourist prices. The facilites were clean and modern and the staff was friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay suite hotel. An all-suites Anaheim hotel that will make you feel closer to home! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area hotel is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels, only a mile away. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, daily breakfast and dinner Monday to Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hiltonr Anaheim-Main Gate Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Garden Grove
- Homewood Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Disneyland
- Homewood Suites Anaheim California
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area Garden Grove, Orange County, CA
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Disneyland Area
- Garden Grove Homewood Suites