Hyatt Regency Orange County
$145
$139
$132
  • Breakfast included
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim South(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$156
$142
  • Pool
Anaheim Marriott Suites(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$177
$139
  • Pool
Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$225
$199
Orbitz.com
$81
$98
Delta Hotels Anaheim Garden Grove(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$157
$129
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel(Garden Grove)(Great Value!)
$133
$123
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
3,795 results
All reviewsnorth towerkids suiteoc brewhousetennis courtsfire pitorange countyacross the streetbunk bedsself parkingkids eat freeguest servicesper dayalways on timedisney shuttlehotel is beautifulking suiteevery half hour
Reviewed May 31, 2007

We stayed here just recently during May 24 - May 28 of this year(2007). The hotel was nice, rooms clean and had no problems whatsoever. But, the only problem i have with this hotel is that they charge $15 for self-parking and $17 for Valet. They charge you for everything even a local call, internet etc...Also, make sure to check your bill while checking out because i heard from other discussion forums and i have experienced it as well that they put some dubious charges in there which we have never used. For instance, they charged 2 local phone calls on my bill when we never even touched the phone and also when i got home and checked my credit card bill, i saw that there was another charge for $10. I called up the accounting department at Hyatt and they said it is for water bottles which i never used. Without any argument, they said they will refund the money. I am pretty sure that by the way the accounting person did not even put up a fight, it is a standard practice for them to overcharge people. If you are careful enough, you would notice it otherwise, you end up paying more. Overall, if you are careful enough and just want a nice place to stay and do not want to use any other amenities, this is a nice play to stay.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank traveller369
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I was throughly pleased with the Hyatt because it was exactly just like it's pictures. The lobby was big and beautiful and our room was clean, modern and comfortable.

Pros: Starbucks is located inside the lobby, A shuttle comes every thirty minutes to and from disneyland, Target is right across the street for cheaper snacks and water, located
nearby many different resturants including Grand China, Outback, Red Robin, Joe's Crab
Shack.

Cons: Food in the California Grill was expensive (breakfast buffetwas $20/person), Pizza Hut closed early. Fees are expensive, $15 parking.

I stayed at the Sheraton last time and got late check-out for free, the Hyatt makes you pay for the room for half the day.The Sheraton also had a fridge in it's standard room and was also bigger and closer to disney land, but didn't have any shops within walking distance.

Having target across the street was nice because you always seem to forget to bring something when you pack.

The only think that I would've changed is to have the shuttle come every 15 minutes during peak hours like the morning and late at night. They had two buses running during peak hours and if the stagger them a little it would really make tired disney goers very happy, I think.

We got room service one day and the service was excellent. They even called afterwards to see how it went. I didn't have any complaints about the room service. Our room was always cleaned by the time we arrived back for our fiesta in the afternoon

Please visit my blog for more pictures and a whole trip report.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Tammynize
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Ok, for the under $100 I paid it was a great hotel! The lobby was impressive but the pools were small and cold. They do charge for every little extra thing. Just to park it was an extra $17 for valet and $15 for self park. I chose valet since I couldn't see the self parking lot from the front of the hotel. The room service was outstanding and I still think about the pot of starbucks coffee I ordered. I highly recommend the breakfast burrito. Wow!!!! I would not pay anything over $100 for the room though. If you look to pay anything over than that, stay at the Embassy Suites right next to it. The rates are a little bit more but you get a full breakfast and cocktails every evening. A great deal for families!

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank beansnsteve
Reviewed May 24, 2007

Entrance and lobby area impressive but the rest of the hotel a did not live up to first impressions. Staff were friendly and the room was clean. However, no fridge is provided - you have to pay an extra $25 if you want a fridge. The food in the restaurant is very poor. The evening menu was at best tasteless and at worst not cooked through. The breakfast is not worth the money. Apparently the hotel has recently bought new beds but they are soft - not good if you have a bad back. Certainly not as good as the Marriott beds. Not enough staff on reception so long ques to check-in and check-out at peak times. A friend of mine was staying on a different floor where a party was underway in one of the rooms. Although security were called they did nothing to prevent disturbance to other guests.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank LondonGB
Reviewed May 23, 2007

We bid for our room on Priceline and got an unbelievably great deal so I would have been happy with just clean and safe, but....WOW! This property exceeded all expectations and we would definitely pay full price to stay here again. I immediately called the concierge with many questions after learning we would be staying at the Hyatt. I was impressed that they didn't treat the Priceline guests any differently than their other guests. They arranged a private van to pick up our family of 6 from the airport for the same price it would have cost for just one of us to take the "Super Shuttle". They told me there was a Target across the street and a convience store next door to buy snacks to take into Disneyland. There's a wonderful Mexican restaurant across the street behind the shoe store..Casa something. The food was so authentic and not too expensive. The free Disney shuttle from the hotel goes back and forth from the park every half hour. Sure, it's not close enough to walk, but we were driven right past all those people who lodged "close enough to walk to Disneyland" and beat them to the gates every morning. The first morning we went to the lobby to catch the shuttle too early, thinking the park opened an hour before it actually did. The driver asked us if we wanted to go early anyway and he drove the bus (with just our family onboard) and dropped us off right in front of the gates. We ended up getting selected by Disneyland cast members to "open the park" and being their first official guests of the day.
Back to the hotel...the standard room would have been a tight squeeze for our family of 6 (4 small children) and they offered to upgrade us to a kids' suite for $40/night. This appeared to be always be an option. However, I was determined to make our room work and turned it down. The very nice lady then looked at all my children and said "We're not full, I'll just give it to you". I was stunned and so appreciative! The suite was awesome with bunkbeds, fridge/microwave, hideaway bed and the most comfortable King bed I've ever slept on. The lobby was gorgeous, the halls VERY quiet, however the outdoor pools (2) were a little cold--especially the ground level one.
This was our 3rd trip to Disneyland and we've never stayed anywhere as elegant as the Hyatt. We'll never stay anywhere else again!

7  Thank mamort