“A really good stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
Teignmouth, Devon, Unitied Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2006

Garden Grove, OC, California.
Date: 14th-19thApril 2006
Reviewer: James and Mary West, Teignmouth, Devon, UK

We arrived at the hotel fairly exhaused after a fraught day. The guys who deal with the cars were excellent with the proceedure and 'what to do next'. Registration was swift and we were taken to our room, 3rd floor on the fitness level. It was soooo relaxing, the bed, wonderful, pillows sooooo comfortable.
Downstairs for some food, the magnificence of the Atrium was strangely comforting, a little outdoors indoors. The staff in the restaurant were welcoming and attentive and due
to a little mishap of time we were presented with out wine with compliments, lovely!
The same in the morning, why go out for breakfast? The service was great, the food fabulous, the strawberries yummy!!!!
We came through Virgin Atlantic and the rep was much more than helpful, she was fun and knowledgable and we enjoyed our trips to Universal Sudios, Santa Monica, Long Beach, Hollywood, Los Angeles, excellent, excellent!!!!
We had no time to sample the pool, or the fitness suite, although when we checked it out it was certainly being used well.
Couple of early mornings when going on trips and no time for breakfast(well, could'nt really get out of my comfortable bed) we bought coffee and bagels from the coffee shop, delicious!
A great hotel, good food, great service, recommend this hotel to anyone in the world,

Mary and Jim West

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,669)

Reviewed April 22, 2006

We got this room for one night on Priceline for $75. We were given a non smoking room with two queens and a free rollaway! I was able to call them immediately after getting my Priceline confirmation and make a request for the room type I needed.

The room was very clean and quiet with a great view. Housekeeping requests were met very quickly and politely. The beds were divine, heavenly! We tried the pool on the third floor and found it to be great fun for kids, very warm and clean. The pool is not very deep and my three year old was able to walk out to the center with her head above water. There is another pool but we didn't have time to check it out.

I would not stay more than one night because it lacked some of the necessities for traveling with a family to the Anaheim area. The room was small and did not have a fridge or microwave. Breakfast is not provided and is very pricey from their resturants.

Parking is $14 a night. That was made up for by having a free shuttle to the park. However the driver in the evening was very rude and surly. The driver in the morning was much nicer and he had the tips to prove it! The parking was good until midnight of the following day so I was able to park my car here for two days and use the shuttle to and from Disneyland. So that was a benefit.

It is a very nice place but if you are budget minded with a family you might be happier with a place that includes breakfast, fridge and microwave.

6  Thank Iluvkids
Reviewed April 18, 2006

My husband, our baby and I stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights. We were given and atrium view room, but we would have preferred Disney fireworks view. They were sold out and we only paid 79.00 for the room. The room was very clean. We were a bit afraid to get a hotel crib for the baby, but they use a Graco pack and play, and it was fine. The disney shuttle was quick and you get to get on 1st to Disney and off 1st upon return( it makes only 1 other hotel stop). Staff was friendly. 2 on site restaurants plus Pizza Hut and Starbucks make eating convenient. There is also an Outback and several other restaurants within walking distance. Pleasant stay. If you get a good rate, it is worth it.

7  Thank la femme folle
Reviewed April 16, 2006

I will not disagree that this hotel looks nice, I'll give it that. The entrance is huge and clean, I didn't have anyproblems there. But that was it. It is not a good value for the amount of money we paid, period. The room was basic - bed, phone, TV. No fridge, you have to rent that if you want one. The small jacuzzi didn't work. The small pool was something you'd find at somebody's house.

You pay for the brand name, and that's all you get. If you've got money to waste do it here.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank zenje
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 9, 2006

The room was filthy. The door to the room had a problem with the latching device it didn't function properly half the time and the bottom of the door was rusting and rotting, dropping bits and pieces of sharp metal onto the carpet. The first thing I noticed was the bloody dark staining on the carpet. There was also a kind of wet moldy smell in the room. There was thick black mold on the inner shower curtain liner, the bathroom floor had a dirty footprints. The towel/rack shelf thing was bent and falling off of the wall. The sheets/pillows were dirty. Out of three bed pillows two had dark stains on them and smelled really foul. All of the lampshades were stained and loose. After returning from the pool, I was walking around my room in bare feet and I noticed something weird. While I had clean feet (in sandals) back from the pool, my feet were TURNING BLACK from walking around the room on the carpeting!

So much for first-class service.

Simon

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2006

My husband, our 9 year old son, my sister and I stayed for 5 nights at the Hyatt during the last week of March and we completely enjoyed our stay. The front entrance and atrium are very impressive. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bathroom suite which was very clean and comfortable. Three TV's, a mini fridge and a microwave were welcome conveniences. The pool area at the North Tower was lovely. The only interaction with staff was during check-in and check-out, but the desk clerk was friendly and polite. I agree with other reviewers that the parking charge of $14 a day is a bit steep. The location is great - only a couple miles from Disney and within walking distance of Target and a number of restaurants (Outback, Red Robin, Joe's Crabshack). Even though the room was not cheap ($286/night), it was well worth it.

6  Thank Shopaholic767
Reviewed April 2, 2006

Stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights. Pretty bummed about the $14/day parking rate but I guess this is typical for California. The hotel atrium was strikingly impressive-my kids felt like they were the "richest kids in the world".
The staff and hotel operator were very courteous and always addressed us by name which made us feel very welcomed. Upon checking in, they asked if we wanted to upgrade to a kids suite for $20/extra each night. We declined as it wasn't that important for the kids to have a separate room. After declining, however, the clerk comped us and placed us in a suite anyway as "there were no more non-smoking rooms with queen beds available". It was nice having two separate rooms (the kids had their own TV), but they complained that the bunk beds weren't comfortable.

The hot tub and pool were great but it felt awfully strange walking through the lobby in your swimsuit coverup to get to the pool. It would have been nice if there was a door that had direct access to the pool.

There are many great restaurants close by and the concierge was more than helpful in providing us with information and his "recommendations".

The only negative aspect we experienced was in dealing with a security guard. My 11 y/o daughter had left her purse in the hotel Starbucks. Fortunately, someone turned it in to the Security staff and, before we even realized it was missing, they left us a voice mail indicating they we could pick it up at the front desk. Upon trying to claim the purse, the security officer gave us the 3rd degree, quizzing my daughter over and over again about the contents to "verify" that the purse was hers. Despite describing the contents, the security officer refused to release it to my daughter stating that she didn't name enough items to clearly indicate that it was hers. She began crying. When I pointed out that security had INITIATED the call to US indicating that they had found the purse, there must be some type of identifying info in the purse. The officer continued to quiz my daughter over the contents, but ultimately refused to release it to her. After ~1 hour went by (and my daughter still crying!), the security officer came to our room with a room key that was in the purse to check if it would work in our door. It did, of course! Only after realizing that the door key matched our room, did he finally release the purse to her. Why didn't he check the key in the first place??? I was EXTREMELY disappointed in his actions and felt he ruined what would have been a fun vacation for my daughter. I can't fault the hotel for one employee but I certainly hope they look into this further so no one else experiences what we did!

3  Thank marstar694
Hilton Anaheim
#48 of 119 in Anaheim
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!