“Loved the kids suite”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 13, 2006

We stayed at the Hyatt for 2 nights in February. After a long haul flight from Sydney we were happy to pay an extra $20 for an early check in. Showered and straight on the shuttle to Disneyland. The shuttle is great and runs every 30 minutes to Disneyland 10 minutes away. The kids suites are great as the kids had there own room with bunk beds and their own TV. Adults room has a great king size bed. There is a Pizza Express and Starbucks downstairs in the lobby as a cheaper option to room service. Would stay again and recommend this hotel to families with 2 young kids.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank Epollene
Write a ReviewReviews (3,630)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2006

I booked this hotel for two nights Feb 17 and 18, 2006. I received a rate of $60/night, plus $14 a night through Priceline. For $74 a night here is what I thought:

STAFF
Very professional. Also very cold and disconnected from guests as other reviewers have noticed.

ROOMS
We checked into a room with a single king bed, with two adults and two children. Even though the parking lot was half empty (or is it half full?), they "had not other available rooms."

The non-smoking room we checked into smelled like the bottom of an ash tray. When I called to complain the woman basically told me too bad.

The bed was very nice and the room was clean and nicely made. The furniture was good quality.

The bathroom was very small but adequate.

PARKING
The lot was well organized and clean. It was also well lit at night.

GROUNDS
There really aren't any to speak of. I think there was a small patch of grass as we walked in.

ROOM SERVICE
I always expect to pay a lot if I use room service, but the Hyatt's prices are above a beyond reasonable, even for a so-called nice hotel.

CONCLUSION
Due to the stinky room, apathetic staff, overpriced food and lousy service, we would not stay here again even for the reasonable rate we receieved. Were they close enough to Disneyland that a guest could walk, the negatives may be bearable.

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2006

I stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt and within the first hour, was disappointed. I met up with a coworker for a late breakfast in the lobby. We were systematically ignored - as an example, by the time the cream came for my coffee, my coffee already grew cold. We had trouble catching any of the staff attention and when it came time to paying the bill, we had to walk up to the cash register to pay. When I complained about the service, I got some lukewarm reasoning about how they were changing from a breakfast to a lunch staff. Whatever!

I was also disappointed with the gym nautilus facility. I've been at lesser hotels with a larger gym! They had a great pool though.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank fudy
Reviewed January 31, 2006

I used Trip Advisor to make all of our hotel decisions for California and found it so helpful. I decided it was time to share what I learned. We stayed at the Hyatt for 5 nights Dec 23-28, 2005. We knew we wanted to base ourselves in Anaheim. My main reason for choosing the Hyatt was the bed & room configuration. Thru one entrance into the "room" we had a room with a king size bed, a room with 2 queens, a pull out sofa, 3 tvs, and 2 bathrooms. Great for a family of 5 when the kids do not like sharing beds. I believe it was the north tower, that's where the suites are. It was perfectly nice, VERY clean and well maintained. Every morning there was a newspaper by our door. Breakfast in the hotel was excellent. We did not use the shuttle to Disneyland - big mistake. You should use it. We only did one day at Disney. Our one and only "complaint" was that we don't like Starbucks coffee and even that wasn't available late at night. All in all, I definitely recommend this hotel!

7  Thank bcaha
Reviewed January 18, 2006

This is a great hotel. The beds are amazing, after a long day of doing Disney. The rooms and the bathrooms are a bit on the small side. The staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a Disney desk in the hotel where you can buy tickets and get Disneyland info. The lobby is beautiful. The California Grill is expensive, but the service is wonderful. You can get great low rates for this beautiful hotel off discount web- sites.

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank DisneyFan30
Reviewed January 17, 2006

We just got back from a 4-night stay over MLK weekend. Our two kids really liked the bunk beds in the kids suite.

We had an excellent time at this hotel. The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean, the staff very friendly.

The kids suite comes with a mini fridge and a microwave. We brought milk, juice and cereal and had cheap breakfasts in the room before heading to Disneyland.

We also enjoyed the pool. The spa was not very hot, which was actually a good thing since our kids could use it, too.

The hotel shares a shuttle with only one other hotel. The Hyatt is the 1st pickup and 1st drop off, every 1/2 hour. NIce drivers.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2005
7  Thank crustaceansrule
A TripAdvisor Member
Long Beach, California
Reviewed January 1, 2006

My husband an I work constantly and seldom have time for one another. He planned a (1) night stay for us. We stayed in the King suite which had a nice view and was exceptionally clean.

Our stay was very pleasant and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They even waived our parking fee.

We enjoyed a buffet breakfast that would have probably cost at least $12 at a low scale restaurant.

The buffet breakfast was compliments of AAA. Take your AAA card out and use it more often.

I recommend the Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove. My husband and I will definitely visit again.

Mrs. B.

Hilton Anaheim
#48 of 119 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!