“Great time at the Hyatt”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 8, 2005

First impression of the Hyatt is fantastic when you walk into the Atruim. Check-in was fast and friendly. We stayed in a standard room in the south tower. Room was very clean and comfortable, looked like it had just been re-furbished. Although we had no veiw at all out of the window the beds were comfortable and bathroom nice. Dont use the hotels internet service though it is very over priced. Both the restaurants are great with friendly service, the pizza hut and starbucks in the hotel is a bonus. Hotel is in a good location approx 35 min from LAX. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank spur365
Write a ReviewReviews (3,629)

Reviewed May 2, 2005

Travelled with two young kids (6 and 8). Modern clean well-appointed hotel with everything one needs. Kids suite with bunk bed and seperate room with queen bed was great. Free shuttle to Disneyland worked well.

Paid for parking. Would get 5 stars but the beds are not as good as the Sheraton's

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank kitkatz
A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed April 29, 2005

We stayed at the Hyatt in April of 2005. We got a standard room. It was myself, my husband and our 3 year old daughter. We planned on going to Disneyland as well as the surrounding So. Calif. beaches, and this hotel was in an ideal spot for all. When we got to the hotel we asked if we could upgrade to a Kid's suite, which is a seperate bedroom for the kid(s) with bunkbeds, a table, and TV. We did for an extra 40.00 a night. The room was nice and clean. It was in the North Tower and overlooked the pool and out towards Disneyland. The two terrible things about the room were: 1. The bathroom is in the kid's bedroom. So, if you have a light sleeper than this is really a bad idea. 2. The beds were about as comfortable as sleeping on a slab of concrete! I checked with the front desk and asked where were the supposed "Grand Beds" that they rave about and was told that these were it. The mattress indeed had a Sealy tag but did not give any other info. I layered blankets and sheets to make it somewhat better, but it didn't help much. The bunkbeds in the kid's room were about the same or worse. Now my daughter only weighs in at 27 pounds and even she couldn't sleep well on these bricks. The Concierge was not helpful at all. The Front desk people were ok, but definately not warm and friendly. It was nice having a Pizza Hut in the hotel at the end of a long day out. The shuttles to Disney came more often than twice and hour, which was good because they were always full. All in all I think I will have to say that we won't stay here again because while I don't expect to sleep as good as I do at home, I do expect to be able to feel my arms in the morning after sleeping on my side.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2005

We loved our visit to the Hyatt. Although it wasn't perfect, when there was a problem, it was addressed right away. The Kids Suite was a real winner. It looked out over Disneyland Resort and the kids had a fabulous time. We can't wait to go back to the Hyatt. The amenities and the service was way above anything I expected from the very reasonable price that we paid. Stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: December 2004
4  Thank TravelJem
Reviewed April 28, 2005

In December I complained about the terrible experience we had at this hotel. Well, I'm happy to report that they really know how to apologize. We got to stay in their Governer's Suite for the same great price we paid back in December as well as got to eat at there Breakfast Buffet one morning for free. They really made us feel special and we were very well taken care of. All is forgiven, you guys, and thank you for making my birthday one of the best ever!

1  Thank ShaunaPepitone
Reviewed April 28, 2005

My first visit here and I was pleasantly surprised. The property is huge but the services are scaled appropriately. Bar, restaurant, starbucks, pizza place and gift shop were all staffed by pleasant people and easy to get into even though the hotel was fully booked. The pools, tennis courts and fitness facility were clean and lightly used.

Fairly plain rooms but beautifully clean and with all the amenities needed. The parking is convenient and reaonable. My pet peeve is insufficient elevators, but this hotel had speedy service.

Nice place for business or pleasure.

2  Thank Brian Thomas
Reviewed April 26, 2005

My four adult daughters, my grandson and myself stayed 2 nights at the Hyatt for our trip to Disneyland. We had the family suite (seperate bedroom with two queen beds and a fold-out sofa in the living area). There was plenty of room, the beds were comfortable, there were two TVs, a microwave and a refridgerator. The bathroom was nice and the whole room very clean. Also had a coffeemaker, iron and blow dryer.There was high-speed internet access for $10.00/24 hours. The staff was very accomodating. Parking was $12/day for self-parking or $15/day for valet parking, but we made up for that with free shuttle service to Disneyland that picked us up at the front doors of the hotel. There is a bar and restaurant on the premises as well as a Starbucks's and Pizza Hut. I would definitely stay at the Hyatt again.

22  Thank Paly
Hilton Anaheim
#48 of 119 in Anaheim
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!