“A great bargain!”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 10, 2005

My family and I just returned from a 3-night stay (01/08/05-01/11/05) at the Hyatt Regency Orange County. I booked the room 3 weeks prior to arrival on Priceline for $30 per night. I was VERY impressed! The lobby is absolutely gorgeous, the employees were very professional and courteous (no mention of Priceline), and *WOW* the beds were so comfortable! Upon arrival at noon, the front desk informed us that our room (8th floor, South Tower, non-smoking and with 2 queen beds as previously requested) was ready (three hours early)! Though the room itself was small, it was clean and adequate for our needs. I left a small tip each morning for the housekeepers and returned to find a tidy room and extra toiletries. The shuttle was prompt each pick-up and drop-off (we didn't use parking), and check-out was a breeze. All in all we had a great stay at the Hyatt Regency! Conversely, however, I would not pay more than $75 for this particular room due to its size, ordinary view of the tennis court and adajacent hotels, and proximity to Disneyland (approximately 1 mile). However, I'd stay for $30 per night again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank tgsapo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,669)

Pontiac, Il.
Reviewed January 5, 2005

My experience at the Hyatt Regency Orange County was nothing short of spectacular the front desk was waiting and willing to check us in and answer any questions we had. We were part of a very large group of people that were staying at this location for a week while our childern were staying 30 miles a way. When we had a 900 plus person dinner the childre were all in aw at the motel. The staff of this motel form David Chiappini all the way down the bottom person was always smiling and very helpful. I would highly recommend this location to any body who wants a nice place to stay with very friendly and helpful people.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bay Area, California
Reviewed January 2, 2005

We stayed at HROC on 12/18-12/23 for $25/night thru Priceline. It was the best deal ever. The front desk lady that checked us in was very nice and she didn't mention Priceline at all. She gave us a newly renovated room on the 10th floor. The room was nicely decorated and it smelled really good and clean. There were two comfy queen beds and more than adequate for a family of 4. The towel issue was true but housekeeping was more than willing to provide them when requested. My kids loved the room because it overlooks the lobby and they can see the people and the christmas tree from the window. There was a shuttle service twice every hour and it can get pretty crowded since it caters to a few other hotels esp. on the way back from Disneyland, not to mention the holiday season. It wasn't a problem for us because we'd always get a seat. Just get to the bus stop a little early to secure your place in the line. All in all, our stay was great. It was more enjoyable this time around than when we stayed there a few years ago and paid more. The renovation was nicely done. I will definitely stay there again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento
Reviewed December 22, 2004

We stayed starting 12/18/04 for a few days. Got a great priceline price, $25 a night. The hotel building looks gorgeous and new outside, but our room at the south tower was average. For us who only need the basics, this room was ok for the cheap price. For those who need more, this may be inadequate. $12 per night extra for parking. No fridge, no microwave in rooms. Intenet connection in the room is $9+ for 24 hours. No free continental breakfast. Free shuttle to disneyland that comes 2 times per hour, but it's often crowded in morning and night. Was expecting more from a Hyatt hotel, but for the price I don't have much to complain. Service was friendly.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed December 16, 2004

This hotel impressed us in all aspects except for their staff. Maybe it's because of the holidays, but they seemed too rushed to take an interest in any of us, and were very rude to my children. They don't seem to like kids, which is strange for a hotel so close to Disneyland! Also, when I tried to dispute a mini-bar charge I was basically told that there was nothing they could do, and I would have to pay for the bottle of water that I hadn't taken. The manager we spoke to on our way to Disneyland seemed quite annoyed when we complained about not having enough towels in our room. He was nice when we asked about restaurants in the area, though. He seemed to just be very annoyed with our complaints, rather than seeming like he was willing to do something about them. The hotel is in a good location and has a great shuttle service, and good restaurants inside the hotel and around the hotel. Parking is OUTRAGEOUS at $14.00 a night, and we actually were charged for an extra night we didn't park. Again, we were told we could do nothing about the charge, and to take it up with our credit card company. That didn't sound right to us, but we figured it wasn't worth arguing. If you do stay here I recommend buying all of your food, drinks, water, etc. at Target across the street, and if you do take something from the Minibar replace it as soon as possible before the maids do an inventory. If you can get a good Priceline deal, this is a good hotel to stay at if you don't have to deal with any of the staff. I wouldn't pay full price. But be warned, if you pay a Priceline deal price, be prepared to be treated as a "lesser being" and get put into the not-as-nice rooms.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 12, 2004

I visited the Hyatt this past weekend and paid approx $109 for the room through an Expedia vacation package. I think the hotel was worth it. The entrance is lined w/ palm trees and a bi-color paved entry. It really looks cool at night. The South Tower room was very nice.....the bed was nice and comfy. The furniture was dressed in a dark cherry w/ black accents. The beds were dressed in all white w/ green/gold checkered throw. The valet and check-in service was good also. I did not try the food. Would definetely stay here again.

I attended a conference at the Disney Paradise Pier hotel and got a chance to see its hotel rooms. The Disney guest room had artwork on on the wall (missing touch inside the OC Hyatt guest room) and was comparable to the Hyatt room in my opinion.

1  Thank disneyadvice
Reviewed December 6, 2004

We got our room on Priceline for the weekend for $45. The rooms were very nice and clean! The beds very comfortabel with down comforters. The room we got overlooked the lobby. It seemed as though we were living in a live atrium/tank. It was very cool. Staff was very friendly and helpfyul even at 2am!

2  Thank mmtagp1
Hilton Anaheim
#48 of 119 in Anaheim
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!