Hyatt Regency Orange County
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Anaheim Marriott Suites(Garden Grove)
  • Restaurant
3,757 results
All reviewsnorth towerkids suiteoc brewhousetennis courtsfire pitorange countyacross the streetbunk bedsself parkingkids eat freeguest servicesper dayalways on timedisney shuttlehotel is beautifulking suiteevery half hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2004

Outstanding hotel for the price. We had a kid's suite - after two weeks in rooms with two queen sized beds, it was great to get a king and not have to listen to them squabble as they got to sleep! Shuttle to Disney was fine, if crowded on occasions - Hyatt is pick up point for a number of hotels, some of them more down market, people just arrive and push to the front of the Q. Great restaraunt/bar just across the road called The Outback. Best advice, don't follow front desk advice to take airport bus if that's where you're heading on departure, take a cab or order a limo, the bus just is not reliable, half an hour late, then just drove round and dropped us off at the Disney Hotel to wait for another bus - some poor family had been picked up 100 yards from where we were dropped off an hour before! Minor gripe, outside pool out of commission for a function afternoon we arrived, the one time we were looking to use it!

1  Thank fatboyofyork
Reviewed September 7, 2004

Recently stayed for 4 weekday nights. Got a great deal from Priceline ($25/nt). Location very convenient to Disneyland, Angel Stadium, near restaurants, Target across street. Hotel amenities (pool, exercise room, lobby restaurant, etc) satisfactory, but nothing special. Self-parking fee is $12/nt, but seems to be typical in the area. View of Disneyland fireworks blocked by adjacent Embassy Suites, but better to see in person anyway. Free shuttle every 1/2 hr to Disneyland is a definite plus--saves on parking cost, hassle. Also, Hyatt riders get picked up first and dropped off first. Staff was friendly, helpful, but housekeeping must not have vacuumed before arrival since there were paper wrappers, hairpins, half-eaten gummy worms on floor and behind couch. South Tower rooms adequate, but a little outdated.

2  Thank knickfan10
Reviewed September 6, 2004

We stayed at the Hyatt from 2nd August till 30th August and after reading some of the reviews on here I went to my travel agent ready to pay to change hotel, but the manager had stayed there and said it was fine.
I'm so glad I didn't change, we had a beautiful room in the North Tower overlooking the fountain at the front of the hotel.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us.
I would certainly stay here again without any hesitation.
The renovations at the South Tower started while we were there (23rd August).
Thanks guys for a great holiday!!

1  Thank SashaJade
A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasanton, CA
Reviewed August 16, 2004

I probably paid more than many who stayed here. We stayed in the North Tower Kid's Suite and paid $159 ea night for 2 nights. This was a nice setup for a family. We had 4 adults and two toddlers, all fairly easily accomadated with the King size bed, two bunk beds and sofa sleeper. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room. The shuttle left for Disneyland every 30 min. The room was fairly new and clean except for some stains on the carpet in a 3 yr old rennovation. I would stay here again, as I imagine this is somewhat above average for many of the local hotels, that get heavy family/kid usage and is close to the parks. One warning is that the Grill downstairs is pretty pricey, though has good food. There is a Red Robin and a Coco's across the street as well as Chinese and Mexican restaurants closeby that I could recommend. By comparison we had stayed at 2 S. Calif Hiltons (Universal City and San Diego resort) that were more expensive and not nearly as nice.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2004

I was really excited when my Priceline bid got accepted for the Hyatt, and then started to feel nervous about it after reading the reviews on here, but after my stay I must say I was completely satisfied. I agree with those that say this place is almost a 4 star hotel (Priceline considers it a 3) Check-in went smoothly with absolutely no mention of Priceline, I was able to get the kind of room I wanted for no additional charges. I was in the south tower and thought it was fine, keeping in mind what I was paying per night. The parking lot in the back is huge and although they charge you 12 dollars per night to park, they do offer complementary shuttle service to Disneyland, so if you're going to Disneyland you don't have to pay to park there, so in essence it's only costing 3 dollars a day to park(Disneyland charges $9) The shuttle buses were always on time both at the hotel and at Disneyland, and a lot of agrivation was saved by not having to drive and park at Disneyland. The restaurant on site looked good, I only had the ice cream from there and was happy with it. The pool area is nice, the pool isn't deep though with 4 feet being the deepest part, the whirlpool was great as well. (this was the pool in the south tower) The Starbucks there is expensive the $2.50 charge for a muffin caused me to pass on breakfast. The room itself was good the beds although not the most comfortable I have ever slept in were still comfortable. The bathroom was pretty standard. This hotel does have a lot of families with children stay there (even in the South Tower) We had a room with a view of the pool and it was not uncommon to look out and see at least a dozen kids in the pool, that being said if you have a family with kids this is a great place to stay, however if you're not a big fan of kids you may want to explore other options. The grounds of the hotel and the lobby were really clean and looked great. For $45 this place is a steal.

• Stayed: August 2004