“A Nice Family Place”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A Nice Family Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2004

I probably paid more than many who stayed here. We stayed in the North Tower Kid's Suite and paid $159 ea night for 2 nights. This was a nice setup for a family. We had 4 adults and two toddlers, all fairly easily accomadated with the King size bed, two bunk beds and sofa sleeper. There was a microwave and a small refrigerator in the room. The shuttle left for Disneyland every 30 min. The room was fairly new and clean except for some stains on the carpet in a 3 yr old rennovation. I would stay here again, as I imagine this is somewhat above average for many of the local hotels, that get heavy family/kid usage and is close to the parks. One warning is that the Grill downstairs is pretty pricey, though has good food. There is a Red Robin and a Coco's across the street as well as Chinese and Mexican restaurants closeby that I could recommend. By comparison we had stayed at 2 S. Calif Hiltons (Universal City and San Diego resort) that were more expensive and not nearly as nice.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2004

I was really excited when my Priceline bid got accepted for the Hyatt, and then started to feel nervous about it after reading the reviews on here, but after my stay I must say I was completely satisfied. I agree with those that say this place is almost a 4 star hotel (Priceline considers it a 3) Check-in went smoothly with absolutely no mention of Priceline, I was able to get the kind of room I wanted for no additional charges. I was in the south tower and thought it was fine, keeping in mind what I was paying per night. The parking lot in the back is huge and although they charge you 12 dollars per night to park, they do offer complementary shuttle service to Disneyland, so if you're going to Disneyland you don't have to pay to park there, so in essence it's only costing 3 dollars a day to park(Disneyland charges $9) The shuttle buses were always on time both at the hotel and at Disneyland, and a lot of agrivation was saved by not having to drive and park at Disneyland. The restaurant on site looked good, I only had the ice cream from there and was happy with it. The pool area is nice, the pool isn't deep though with 4 feet being the deepest part, the whirlpool was great as well. (this was the pool in the south tower) The Starbucks there is expensive the $2.50 charge for a muffin caused me to pass on breakfast. The room itself was good the beds although not the most comfortable I have ever slept in were still comfortable. The bathroom was pretty standard. This hotel does have a lot of families with children stay there (even in the South Tower) We had a room with a view of the pool and it was not uncommon to look out and see at least a dozen kids in the pool, that being said if you have a family with kids this is a great place to stay, however if you're not a big fan of kids you may want to explore other options. The grounds of the hotel and the lobby were really clean and looked great. For $45 this place is a steal.

• Stayed August 2004
1 Thank bp4559
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2004

My family & I have just returned from spending 17 days at the Hyatt Hotel,Orange County.Our stay was organized through Virgin Holidays and it was excellent.We had read reports on Trip Advisor about how much better the North tower was than the South Tower & so spoke to our travel agent in advance to ensure that we stayed in (as the Virgin Holidays brochure put it)the recently refurbished wing.When we arrived we found we had been upgraded to a double room which was great for us as we have three daughters.The rooms were clean ,modern and spacious.The staff were always helpful.Parking is $12 a day but this was included in our package.The buses to Disney run every half hour and are a good way of getting to the park(They run until 12:45 am !)We spent a couple of half days by the ground floor pool and vertually had it to ourselves.Overall it was a great Holiday.One thing to note there were no signs of any refurbishment going on in the South Tower.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2004

At the last minute, my family and I booked on trip online to Disneyland. Since we have always stayed on "Disney" property when in Florida, I was concerned about what an "offsite" hotel would have to offer. After reading some of the reviews here, I must say that I was concerned.

Since the trip was paid for, we proceeded along and hoped for the best. The "best" is what we received! The hotel was beautiful and very close to Disney. The kids suite, in the north tower, was lovely and the children loved it! It affored them entertainment and gave us a level of privacy not normally associated with a family trip.

The service was top notch. I highly recommend valet parking youre car. For $15 per day, we had in and out service. One phone call downstairs put our car at the front door 9 out of 10 times! How nice! It was also nice that the hotel was so close to Disney. From our door to their lot was under 5 minutes! We opted to pay to park at Disney rather than take the shuttle at the hotel. While it looked nice, vacations are NOT the time to skimp. At this point $9 per day is not going to make or break anyone! It was nice to be able to hop in our car when we were ready to leave. Disney also allows you to return on the same day with no additional charge.

After leaving our hotel no later than 7 a.m. on most days, we were tired when we returned at 9 p.m. We opted to eat at the restaurant in the hotel. Were pleasantly surprised. So much so, that we ate there 3 times! Kids loved it! (Just want to remind you, we are from New Orleans, we know food!)

Overall, this hotel was great! Experience nothing like the other reviewers. We are quite picky and demand great service. This is what we received. This is not the Four Seasons, and as such should not be judged as such. For a family hotel in the price range it is in, there is no other choice in Orange County.

We had a great time, and will be back!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2004

We stayed at the Hyatt July 23-24. The rooms were purchased using hotwire and we received an excellent rate.

Our room was older, but well kept. Upon going to our rooms we found that we were directly across from the vending machines. Usually this is a horrible thing, however, the rooms are so well insulated that we did not hear a thing all night long! We were also above the pool and I thought there would be a problem there -- but we never heard a thing.

The hotel grounds themselves are excellent. I had been down in the area in May and wished that I had stayed there.

I knew what type of room I was getting since I read the reviews. I can only say that with the deal I got, it was still a nicer room than many of the 2 star economy hotels that are in the area.

Next time I go back to Disneyland, I probably will not stay here though. Simply because even though we got a terrific deal on the hotel room itself, the parking is still 12.00 a day!!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2004

My mom and I stayed in the North Tower of the Hyatt from July 14-18, 2004. The hotel is lovely and very well kept. Our room was a suite, complete with a sitting room, a fridge, and a microwave. Our room was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. However, the dining options in the hotel are very limited, and this large hotel only has two very small pools. The exercise room is also very small. The hotel is located very close to many major attractions in the area (including Disney Land) and it offers shuttle services to a few of the attractions (Disney and Newport Beach). Overall, this hotel is a very pleasant place to stay.

1 Thank Katie M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2004

I was put at the south tower where all standards rooms were. I made a reservation through priceline and got a better rate than even Motel 6. well.. I didn't want to be too greedy. I got a smoking room and double beds even if I requested non smoking and a king bed. But I remembered that I initialed on Priceline's website when I made a reservation that I agree with that room requested cannot be guaranteed. I did not say anything at the front desk, and did not want to be greedy. As long as I get a great deal, isn't it enough? If I had really needed a king and non smoking, I would have made a reservation through hyatt and have paid probably 5 times more.
Service was good, building looked great, and location was very convenient. South tower was old, but if it had not been that old, I would not even have been able to get that rate! If you try not to be greedy, you will enjoy your vacation no matter what type of rooms you stay at.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Anaheim Marriott
Anaheim Marriott
#26 of 118 in Anaheim
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,914 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!