“Great time at Hyatt Regency”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Isle of Wight, England
Reviewed August 15, 2004

My family & I have just returned from spending 17 days at the Hyatt Hotel,Orange County.Our stay was organized through Virgin Holidays and it was excellent.We had read reports on Trip Advisor about how much better the North tower was than the South Tower & so spoke to our travel agent in advance to ensure that we stayed in (as the Virgin Holidays brochure put it)the recently refurbished wing.When we arrived we found we had been upgraded to a double room which was great for us as we have three daughters.The rooms were clean ,modern and spacious.The staff were always helpful.Parking is $12 a day but this was included in our package.The buses to Disney run every half hour and are a good way of getting to the park(They run until 12:45 am !)We spent a couple of half days by the ground floor pool and vertually had it to ourselves.Overall it was a great Holiday.One thing to note there were no signs of any refurbishment going on in the South Tower.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,667)

New Orleans, LA
Reviewed August 8, 2004

At the last minute, my family and I booked on trip online to Disneyland. Since we have always stayed on "Disney" property when in Florida, I was concerned about what an "offsite" hotel would have to offer. After reading some of the reviews here, I must say that I was concerned.

Since the trip was paid for, we proceeded along and hoped for the best. The "best" is what we received! The hotel was beautiful and very close to Disney. The kids suite, in the north tower, was lovely and the children loved it! It affored them entertainment and gave us a level of privacy not normally associated with a family trip.

The service was top notch. I highly recommend valet parking youre car. For $15 per day, we had in and out service. One phone call downstairs put our car at the front door 9 out of 10 times! How nice! It was also nice that the hotel was so close to Disney. From our door to their lot was under 5 minutes! We opted to pay to park at Disney rather than take the shuttle at the hotel. While it looked nice, vacations are NOT the time to skimp. At this point $9 per day is not going to make or break anyone! It was nice to be able to hop in our car when we were ready to leave. Disney also allows you to return on the same day with no additional charge.

After leaving our hotel no later than 7 a.m. on most days, we were tired when we returned at 9 p.m. We opted to eat at the restaurant in the hotel. Were pleasantly surprised. So much so, that we ate there 3 times! Kids loved it! (Just want to remind you, we are from New Orleans, we know food!)

Overall, this hotel was great! Experience nothing like the other reviewers. We are quite picky and demand great service. This is what we received. This is not the Four Seasons, and as such should not be judged as such. For a family hotel in the price range it is in, there is no other choice in Orange County.

We had a great time, and will be back!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 5, 2004

We stayed at the Hyatt July 23-24. The rooms were purchased using hotwire and we received an excellent rate.

Our room was older, but well kept. Upon going to our rooms we found that we were directly across from the vending machines. Usually this is a horrible thing, however, the rooms are so well insulated that we did not hear a thing all night long! We were also above the pool and I thought there would be a problem there -- but we never heard a thing.

The hotel grounds themselves are excellent. I had been down in the area in May and wished that I had stayed there.

I knew what type of room I was getting since I read the reviews. I can only say that with the deal I got, it was still a nicer room than many of the 2 star economy hotels that are in the area.

Next time I go back to Disneyland, I probably will not stay here though. Simply because even though we got a terrific deal on the hotel room itself, the parking is still 12.00 a day!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2004

My mom and I stayed in the North Tower of the Hyatt from July 14-18, 2004. The hotel is lovely and very well kept. Our room was a suite, complete with a sitting room, a fridge, and a microwave. Our room was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. However, the dining options in the hotel are very limited, and this large hotel only has two very small pools. The exercise room is also very small. The hotel is located very close to many major attractions in the area (including Disney Land) and it offers shuttle services to a few of the attractions (Disney and Newport Beach). Overall, this hotel is a very pleasant place to stay.

1  Thank Katie M
Las Vegas
Reviewed July 26, 2004

I was put at the south tower where all standards rooms were. I made a reservation through priceline and got a better rate than even Motel 6. well.. I didn't want to be too greedy. I got a smoking room and double beds even if I requested non smoking and a king bed. But I remembered that I initialed on Priceline's website when I made a reservation that I agree with that room requested cannot be guaranteed. I did not say anything at the front desk, and did not want to be greedy. As long as I get a great deal, isn't it enough? If I had really needed a king and non smoking, I would have made a reservation through hyatt and have paid probably 5 times more.
Service was good, building looked great, and location was very convenient. South tower was old, but if it had not been that old, I would not even have been able to get that rate! If you try not to be greedy, you will enjoy your vacation no matter what type of rooms you stay at.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 25, 2004

Reasonably priced, great service, shows a little wear and tear in some of the rooms (we had four rooms) but am definitely happy with this hotel and would absolutely choose it again. Note: If you need internet access, don't bother with the business center...it's $10/15 minutes....you can get wireless or wired connections in the lobby for $10/day. Parking is $12/day.

4  Thank Steve S
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 20, 2004

The hotel has had an outside facelift that leads you to believe the hotel is as nice inside. The rooms are dumps - peeling and dirty wallpaper, soiled carpets, filthy tile in the bathroom, etc. The service (checking in/out, valets, concierge) was wonderful but the people that work here really should be working in a classier hotel.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hilton Anaheim
#48 of 119 in Anaheim
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!