“Dont be greedy”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas
Reviewed July 26, 2004

I was put at the south tower where all standards rooms were. I made a reservation through priceline and got a better rate than even Motel 6. well.. I didn't want to be too greedy. I got a smoking room and double beds even if I requested non smoking and a king bed. But I remembered that I initialed on Priceline's website when I made a reservation that I agree with that room requested cannot be guaranteed. I did not say anything at the front desk, and did not want to be greedy. As long as I get a great deal, isn't it enough? If I had really needed a king and non smoking, I would have made a reservation through hyatt and have paid probably 5 times more.
Service was good, building looked great, and location was very convenient. South tower was old, but if it had not been that old, I would not even have been able to get that rate! If you try not to be greedy, you will enjoy your vacation no matter what type of rooms you stay at.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed July 25, 2004

Reasonably priced, great service, shows a little wear and tear in some of the rooms (we had four rooms) but am definitely happy with this hotel and would absolutely choose it again. Note: If you need internet access, don't bother with the business center...it's $10/15 minutes....you can get wireless or wired connections in the lobby for $10/day. Parking is $12/day.

4  Thank Steve S
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 20, 2004

The hotel has had an outside facelift that leads you to believe the hotel is as nice inside. The rooms are dumps - peeling and dirty wallpaper, soiled carpets, filthy tile in the bathroom, etc. The service (checking in/out, valets, concierge) was wonderful but the people that work here really should be working in a classier hotel.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis
Reviewed July 18, 2004

OK hotel, not great. We didn't get a non-smoking room as requested. We had talked directly with management when making reservations. The 2 bedroom suite was nice except for the faint smoky smell. Dinner on Fri. night at the hotel was painfully slow. It took 45 minutes to get our food even though there were only two other families in the restaurant. Only heard our neighbors one night when they kept the extra dead bolt extended which kept the door from closing completely but managed to shake the entire wall we shared. Don't know how a family could possibly go in and out the door so many times in such a short period of time! The shuttle to DisneyLand was consistently on time at the hotel and the park which was a plus.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 12, 2004

We stayed at this hotel for three nights, we started out at Howard Johnson's and decided to extend our trip so we had to find a new hotel. We ended up at the Hyatt and were so dissappointed. We thought it would far exceed the Howard Johnson; however, it was not up to typical Hyatt standards. There were three of us and when we checked in there were no rooms with double beds so we all had to share a King bed. The parking is $12 and it's not even covered. You have to walk a ways to get to the hotel, especially if there is a convention going on. Our room was not much better either. There were stains and holes in the carpet and just did not look very well kept. It's not a family-friendly hotel!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2004

Got a good deal through Hotwire but definitely feel like I was discriminated against because of it. We stayed there for three nights (7/5-7/8/04) and the room was definitely LOW end. The sink was cracked and the hinges on the bathroom door were rusted! The room was nothing to brag about and frankly, have told all who asked about the hotel that I wouldn't/couldn't recommend it to them. As I take several trips a year to the Anaheim area, I was geniuinely hoping that this hotel would be great and could plan on future stay-overs. I'll just have to keep looking because there's no way I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2005

Anaheim Marriott Suites
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!