We stayed here during our anniversary trip to Disneyland, and we had a very pleasant trip. While this was not the first time staying at this Hyatt, it was our first return since before their renovation and name change. The rooms are very clean and have very modern, upgraded furnishings. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and we were checked into our room quickly.
We stayed in an executive suite, which has a very different layout from the same type of suite we've visited at other Hyatts...it's not actually two rooms, rather a partitioned off sleeping area separate from the living/dining area. This made the sleeping area a bit less private, so travelers who are seeking two specific rooms should keep that in mind. For some reason, this Hyatt has chosen to replace the wall adjoining the atrium lobby with glass, which does allow a view into the atrium, but can also be noisy, as the sound from people in the lobby tends to bounce along all that glass. Luckily, the group we were in with wasn't a late-night group, so the noise died down later in the evening. All of the executive suites are on this atrium side, so if there had been an issue, the hotel would not have been able to resolve it.
Elevators were quick, we never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for one to arrive. The restaurant in the lobby was quick and very helpful.
Charging for Wifi...really? Seems like this would be a basic perk in a branded hotel like a Hyatt, especially with a suite. If Motel 6 can do it, so can the Hyatt.
Charging for bus to Disney...also, seems like this would be a basic perk in a branded hotel. The HROC is almost two miles from Disney, and while that was walkable for my husband and I, it would not be for families with small children. I would expect such charges from a lower-end property, but it was a surprise at the Hyatt (and a change since the renovation, as there wasn't a charge the last time we stayed...we simply had to show our room key).
As long as you don't mind the distance, it's a nice hotel that seems to cater to families. Keep in mind that you will be paying for every extra like parking and shuttle, and figure that into the total price of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to hotels near Disneyland, Hyatt Regency Orange County is the ultimate destination for your getaway or vacation. Located just 1.4 miles from the Disneyland® Resort, our luxury hotel near Anaheim has shuttle service available to and from the parks, and is in close proximity to Angel Stadium, the Honda Center, world-famous beaches and many other Orange County attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel Garden Grove
- Hyatt Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Garden Grove, CA