Very contemporary looking hotel exterior and lobby, very helpful and courteous staff (even inside the lobby's Starbucks!) The room was simply decorated, but nice enough. Bed was pretty comfortable, bathroom and shower were clean. Oddly enough one of the beds was short-sheeted so we had to remake it before going to sleep. (Thankfully that was remedied on the second night of our stay.
Stayed on the fourth floor, over-looking the lobby/atrium. During our first night the noise from the bottom floor (lobby, restaurant, and bar) was dull hum...it gave you the feeling of living in the middle of the big city because you could faintly hear music and some soft mumbling from conversations. The second night was a completely different story!
There were two different conferences being held in the hotel during our stay and boy, do those attendees love the night life! They filled the bar and restaurant area, as is to be expected, but from our room the women's chatter and laughter sounded like packs of hyenas. The men weren't much better because they sounded like a bunch of chimps and orangutans. And they were all at it until well past 11:30 p.m. If you think all that noise would make it difficult to sleep, YES IT DOES! I would start to drift off to sleep and then be jolted awake by someone who laughed so loud it was almost like they were right at my window! At one point it was like Santa Claus was standing outside my window "ho-ho-ho-ing". It made me very glad we were leaving the next morning. My family and I wouldn't be able to handle the noise for more than one night. Running the fan helped drown out some of the noise, but honestly, I felt like I shouldn't have had to do that. (Plus it made us all wake up with dry mouth syndrome!) A shame really, because it really was a downer during an otherwise nice stay.
Not sure if we'd stay again, especially with so many other hotels in the area. If we do, I will request a room on the quieter side of the hotel and hope that there is one!
(Oh, didn't try the restaurant in the hotel, but there are also plenty of places to eat around the area!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to hotels near Disneyland, Hyatt Regency Orange County is the ultimate destination for your getaway or vacation. Located just 1.4 miles from the Disneyland® Resort, our luxury hotel near Anaheim has shuttle service available to and from the parks, and is in close proximity to Angel Stadium, the Honda Center, world-famous beaches and many other Orange County attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel Garden Grove
- Hyatt Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Garden Grove, CA