First I would like to point out that I think the Hyatt Regency Orange County is a stunning hotel (for the most part) the staff, the Disney shuttle (most of the time) and the hotel lobby area I have no faults with.
However this is where my compliments for the Hyatt stop, we arrived on December 21st for a stay of 2 weeks and upon arrival we were told that we had to pay a $50 a night hotel fee which I think firstly is a crazy amount of money, secondly coming from the UK and booking through Virgin Holidays we were not informed of this charge therefore it was an unwelcome surprise on arrival. I do however have to give some thanks to the staff member who checked us in for helping to get this situation sorted because after almost 2 days of travelling hearing we had to fork over money when we checked in was something we did not want to hear.
Next the rooms, we paid for a one bedroom suite, in most hotels this would make you think of space not here no this felt cramped, the room is for 6 people and they have one wardrobe that if you are lucky fit 2 peoples clothing in. Confused me when I saw some space (not much may I add) that they could have added more storage. Housekeeping was pretty underwhelming too I am pretty sure for the length of our stay they done the bare minimum that they could get away with and still take about 30mins doing it. Other than that the beds were comfy which is always useful after a long day at the parks.
The shuttle bus to Disney was a fair price and the option of buying more days at a discounted price was also a nice saving, my only gripe with the buses was the regularity, understandably every 30 mins during the non peak times of the day is rational, but when the buses are busier and people can't get on and instead of a second bus coming they leave people waiting for a further 30mins is silly. If they have more than one driver on during the morning and late evening hours surely it would be more plausible to make the buses every 15mins for the first 2 hours of park opening and then on closing the last 2 hours from the park. I for one don't enjoy getting to a bus stop after maybe 16 hours at Disney to then sit and wait for a bus that is overly crowded.
This review makes it seem like I hated my stay at the hotel when in actual fact I found it relaxing however these little things started to niggle and annoy me about my stay, especially paying a premium price for it.
The final thing that both annoyed and shocked me was the Christmas decorations being taken down only 3 days after Christmas, this is a small thing but when every other hotel on Harbor Boulevard still have their Christmas decorations up at the end of our stay (January 3rd) it makes me question how 3 days after Christmas is ok?
Again beautiful lobby, the OC Brewhouse was amazing for food, we all enjoyed the pool area and the close proximity to the TARGET across the street and finally the staff were forever helpful and courteous and helpful to our every need.
Would we stay here again? Well the jury is still out on that one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to hotels near Disneyland, Hyatt Regency Orange County is the ultimate destination for your getaway or vacation. Located just 1.4 miles from the Disneyland® Resort, our luxury hotel near Anaheim has shuttle service available to and from the parks, and is in close proximity to Angel Stadium, the Honda Center, world-famous beaches and many other Orange County attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel Garden Grove
- Hyatt Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Garden Grove, CA