“Fantastic hotel for Disney stay”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel for Disney stay”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It's the second time we've stayed here - and it has been a consistently great place to stay for visiting the tourist attractions around LA. On arrival we got upgraded to a suite. The room was brilliant - loads of space, clean, modern. It could be a little noisy as it overlooks the main hotel atrium - however, we were so tired after a day at the park we weren't disrupted by this.

The shuttle bus to Disney is great. It ran early and late and was regular, cheap and serviced by friendly staff. One thing to keep in mind is if you are travelling to places like Hollywood, Universal Studios, Six Flags....going up the I5 at pretty much any time will take an eternity! - leave early!

It's really convenient for Disney - and there are loads of places to eat nearby.

We got a great deal on this hotel through Virgin Holidays - wifi and car parking was included - and the price of the room was good compared to Expedia etc...well worth checking them out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HolidaySpeak1
nicole_gravelle, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for visiting us again from the UK! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, including our location to Disneyland and LA, and hope that we have the opportunity of having you back as our guests again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We traveled to this hotel for a family Disney trip during the summer. We booked a couple of 1 bedroom suites. The hotel rooms were excellent for the price and very clean. Service was excellent. There is was a free shuttle to Disneyland from the hotel which was very convenient.

A couple of things to keep in mind...This hotel has many conventions, so if you are staying during the work week, there will be a quite a bit of traffic in the common areas of the hotel. They did not have a continental breakfast when we stayed. They charge a daily parking fee to leave your car parked at the hotel.

Overall our stay was very comfortable and reasonably priced. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Denver-Traveler_John
Thank you for the great review and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in a 1-Bedroom Suite, and appreciate you recommending us to other travelers. We hope to have you back again soon!
Baltimore
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed here while in Anaheim for a conference and rather than pay the extra money to stay at one of the hotels on the Disney grounds, I decided to go with the Hyatt. This was a VERY good decision. The hotel is excellent. It's about a 5 minute ride to Disney and about 40mins to LA. Definately take the shuttle ($4) to Disney and it will pick you up as well. There is lots of food nearby on the main road, some within driving distance. There is also a Target across the street which was very helpful as well. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I honestly have no complaints. I used expedia and got a great price with flight and hotel combined. If I ever go back to Disney, I'm staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Anonymous P
We are so glad that you decided to stay with us as well! Thank you for letting us know about your stay, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location, Disneyland shuttle service, and friendly staff. We look forward to having you back as our guest!
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in other Hyatt Regency hotels and this OC hotel is not on a par with those. We were lucky to be upgraded to a suite but even this was quite tired. The rooms are quite gloomy, the bathrooms old and overall quite dingy. The furniture is relatively modern and the bed is quite comfy.

Our room overlooked the lobby and the sound of a group of men laughing loudly at the bar at night sounded rather eerie echoing through the hotel but this is obviously outside of management's control.

We had room service for dinner, the selection isn't great but the food well cooked and fairly fast in its arrival. We ate breakfast in the hotels main restaurant and the buffet was well cooked with quite a good selection.

The main thing this hotel has going for it is its proximity to Disneyland. We used the $5 bus service to access the parks. The drivers were friendly although the last buses home was dangerously full with several people standing and perhaps a few additional buses would be useful at this time.

For a family looking for somewhere comfortable to stay which is close to Disney I would recommend this hotel however just don't expect the usual high standard you see in many Hyatt Regency hotels.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jenny G
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s close proximity to Disneyland, as well as our shuttle service to and from the parks. Thank you for providing valuable feedback, and we hope that you will stay with us again during your next visit to the Disneyland Resort!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at this property for three nights for a conference. I have actually stayed in this property before for the same conference. I preview the rooms in the north tower and this time I was in the south tower. I also did not get my preferred king size bed - but had two doubles which I always think is a waste for a single traveler like myself.

The lighting in my room could have been hugely improved - and the shape of my room was a little odd - as it was down at the end of a corridor. The room was very clean, and the bed comfortable. I would have preferred a table next to the reading chair so I could have a place to set my coffee cup while reading.

The fitness center at the property is really good - modern, clean equipment with great natural light.

What really makes this property stand out though is the friendliness of the staff. In particular, the concierge staff were very friendly and helpful - and everyone else was quite friendly and helpful. The staff in the bar where I ate most of my meals were also very friendly and helpful. They have a nice selection of local beers on tap which I always really appreciate as it's nice to try local things when you travel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for coming back to stay with us for your recent conference, and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our friendly staff. We appreciate the great feedback, and hope the next time your travels bring you this way we have the opportunity of having you back as our guest!
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 14, 2013

this was a beautiful hotel, perfect for travelers going to disneyland, Anaheim, Irvine, Downtown LA (about 45 minutes away) really cool Kids Suites with bunk bed extra tv, and desk for the kids room. we were there during a Deca thing, tons of kids milling around but plenty of space for everyone. Starbuck located in the lobby was great besides the coffee maker in the room.

Shuttle service available to Disneyland and tickets sold at the hotel. Valet was AMAZING! Housekeeping attendant was great. Tons of restaurants in the area, and target across the street.

The only downside was i asked for directions for something in Downtown LA and instead of giving me directions the gentleman highlighted a map and pretty much said good luck. I ended up just googling it on my own. Would have been nice to have something printed up, though.

All in all beautiful place, great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review and feedback! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in Kid’s Suite, including our location, Starbucks Coffee and Disneyland shuttle. We hope that you will come back and visit us again really soon!
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

There are several properties to choose from in the area and I'm really glad I went with the Hyatt. I have to say, after the drive from San Fran it was nice to have someone take care of the bags for us. The lobby is great and I liked the vibe of the hotel. The staff was very friendly each time we needed anything. Our room was perfect for our needs. There are small updates/upgrades that could be made but overall I was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed May 2013
We are so glad that you picked us as well! We know that there are many hotels in the Anaheim area to choose from, and we thank you for choosing us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope to have you back again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott
Anaheim Marriott
#28 of 118 in Anaheim
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,941 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!