“Nice hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland, New Zealand
“Nice hotel!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a very good sleep after a 12-hour flight. We booked the hotel through PL with a quite low price but the room we had was wonderful. The bed is comfortable and it has very good shower in the bathroom as well. Although our room is located on the third floor and close to the Gym but it was not noisy at all.

Hotel provides shuttle service to Disneyland and it costs about 10 dollars for two adults two days which is reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irrrrrrney
nicole_gravelle, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for visiting us from New Zealand! We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel’s value, comfortable beds, and shuttle service to Disneyland. We hope that you will come back and visit us again the next time your travels bring you this way!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of 5 from Australia and this is the second time we have stayed there. The VIP kids suite is great for 5 and really roomy as there is a parents room, kids room and lounge room with a sofa bed. The service is great and everyone is really friendly. The breakfast buffet is awesome and although expensive well worth it. There are vending machines on each floor which is convenient for drinks. The disney bus is convenient and a great way to travel to and from the parks. This hotel is a great option for families wanting to stay in the Disney area as it accommodates both adults and kids.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for visiting us again from Australia! We are glad that you and your family enjoy the VIP Family Suite, as well as the hotel’s extensive breakfast buffet and Disneyland Resort shuttle service. We truly appreciate you choosing Hyatt Regency Orange County, and hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel exceeded our expectations! The staff were great, especially John at the front desk who was able to secure an upgrade to a kids suite when everyone else deemed them "sold out". My kids were ecstatic, as were my husband and I! Rooms very clean and modern. My only small complaint were the bathrooms, they seemed a bit outdated compared to the room, a bit strange. The Disney shuttle was great, convenient, punctual and comfortable. Awesome location, target and outback right across the street , walked there a few times. Breakfast buffet yummy. We bought the Disney vacation package , which was a good deal , I figured it saved us about $300. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel! Also, the Starbucks in the lobby was a huge plus!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in a Kid’s Suite, as well as the hotel’s customer service, location, Disneyland shuttle, Starbucks Coffee and more! We always appreciate hearing from our satisfied customers, and appreciate you recommending us to other travelers. Thanks again, and we hope to have you and your family back as our guests during your next visit to Disneyland!
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Disappointed with this Hyatt. Stayed in a VIP Family Suite. Nothing particularly VIP about it.

- Rooms were large but the brown decor and lack of windows in living room and kids room made it extremely dark and depressing.

- Despite it being a family suite there was minimal storage space - , 2 small wardrobes (with 6 hangers!) and 2 small drawers in main bedroom and 2 small drawers in kids room. Rooms were huge, plenty of space for extra drawers or cubboards.

- Bunk beds in Kids room advised upper level not suitable for children under 16 - ??!!

- Needed a dining table to make full use of fridge and microwave. Cupboards in the living room would be a good idea. Looking at boxes of cereal and snack bars on open shelves was not ideal.

This hotel tries to be a business hotel and Disneyland base at the same time, it doesn't work. Had to walk through hallway of conference guests and stands many times to get to the car park.

Leisure facilities were good.

Would recommend this hotel if you're only going to sleep here and don't care what your room is like. Didn't feel like I was in California staying in a dark room, reminiscent of a 70s motel.

Room Tip: If you want to be near pool and tennis/basketball courts, ask for South Tower. Don't use valet...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
nicole_gravelle, Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your accommodations at the hotel, and thank you for letting us know your concerns about the room. We truly appreciate the feedback, and are disappointed that we weren’t able to exceed your expectations. We hope that you will give us another try, if you are visiting the area again. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel was a very nice surprise and a pleasant place to stay. The staff were helpful, friendly and treated us to a great weekend away. A few hiccups to start (prior and on arrival) but it was fixed quickly, timely and definitely made up for it. It was my girlfriend’s mothers 50th birthday party and we had paid for a one bedroom king suite for them (as an upgrade) and also had confirmations that the other two rooms would have King beds in them in the North Tower. Upon arrival, they were only going to have the parents staying in the North Tower, one bedroom suite… and the other two rooms in the south tower, small rooms with queen beds (which wasn’t what we were promised).

After showing them the emails (that I had printed out) confirming these arrangements… they quickly got on the phone to make some calls and see what they could do for us. Wow, what a surprise, all of us ended up in the North Tower suites, two of them on high floors, (9th and 10th) and the other one was upgraded to the Malibu Suite! How awesome was that, what an amazing room and upgrade, we were in shock that they did that for us and It turned everything into a memorable first impression moment. The food in the hotel was excellent, nothing to complain about here at all. The beds were comfy and the rooms were cleaned extremely well daily, impressed with the house keeping staff. Another good thing about this hotel is how close it is to Disneyland without being in the hectic areas of the Disneyland area and strip.

Service: 9 out of 10
Rooms: 8.5 out of 10
Price: 10 out of 10
Location: 9 out of 10
Food: 8.5 out of 10
Recommend: I would recommend this hotel.

Thanks for reading this review!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review, and for recommending us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s staff, food, and location, as well as your upgraded suites. I apologize for the initial “hiccup” upon your arrival with your room reservation – but am glad that the front desk staff was able to recover and make your special stay a great one! We hope to have you back as our guests again soon!
Southern Oregon Coast
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My daughter, son-in-law, and 2-year old grandson spent 4 nights here for our Disneyland vacation. All the staff were superb, esp. at the front desk and concierge. Our two rooms were comfortable and had a nice extra - toothpaste. The pool and exercise room were good but our 2-year old loved the basketball court and movie in the lobby! We appreciated the free boarding pass printing. Excellent shuttle to Disneyland; I wish it were free, though. Food at TusCa was expensive and not great but the service was excellent. I have a pet peeve about paying $10 a day for WiFi, even in the lobby. The expensive food, shuttle, and WiFi are why I gave 4 instead of 5 stars. Otherwise our stay was fabulous. Target Store for incidentals is in walking distance.

1 Thank Bolinas
Thank you for the wonderful review and valuable feedback! We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay, including the staff, basketball court and Disneyland shuttle service. We hope that you will come back and see us again soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel for a 3 day business conference. They gave a nice group rate which was all right for this hotel. But what I didn't like was being nickelled and dimed for every. single. thing.

It was outrageous. I don't know about you, but why pay more to stay at a hotel like this for $150+ a night when you have to pay $16 a day for parking, $10-$15 a day for internet, $25 to "rent" a refrigerator and $1/page to print/scan/fax anything.

I've been on a 2 week trip through California and while this place was comfortable I was not happy about my bill. If you stay at any other budget friendly clean hotel for $100/night you get a free hot breakfast, free internet, free parking, free refrigerator AND microwave and a room very similar to what you get at the Hyatt.

Doesn't anyone else think it is strange how budget friendly hotels give you more more more for your dollar and give you everything you need, and higher end hotels charge a la carte prices for EVERY SINGLE THING? Where is the value? Why am I paying for your nice lobby and the "privilege" to use your parking lot?

Sure the staff were very nice and polite, the hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, but nothing was spectacular. It's just a business/tourist hotel that cashes in on business and Disney land tourists.

If I have to come back to this area there is no question that I will look for a hotel nearby that includes free internet and cheaper (or free) parking.

I needed to print some documents and I was charged $5 to use the lobby computers and then $14 to print 14 pages. That's ridiculous. I already paid $14.95/day to use internet each night in my room on my laptop and during my conference their meeting room was on a different wireless account and I was not allowed to use my guestroom purchased internet in the grand ballroom. Every other hotel I've been to has provided free internet in the meeting rooms for conference guests. This was a shock. Being from outside of the USA I did not have a data plan so it was a little frustrating to not be able to use my phone for emails until back up in my room each night. $63.85 spent for 3 nights of internet service and printing a few pages.... oh what a privilege..

And then at checkout they told me it was $25 for the beat-up-sad-looking mini fridge they delivered to my room (had some perishables and wrongly assumed a hotel of this calibre would provide a fridge). It was just a little bit much considering when I called the front desk to ask if I could get a fridge or a room with a fridge, they said oh no problem we'll send one up. No price was given and my fridge did not arrive until I called an hour later a second time. I explained this at checkout and they took it off my bill thankfully.

I just want to share this information so that any other potential guests are aware of these prices and what the hotel does include in the price and what is not included.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank tropicaltravels6
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. Please know that we do take your comments into consideration, and appreciate your input. We are sorry though that we weren’t able to exceed your expectations, as that is our ultimate goal for all of our guests. If there is anything else that we can do to earn back your business, please let us know. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
#46 of 118 in Anaheim
Anaheim Marriott
Anaheim Marriott
#26 of 118 in Anaheim

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!