“Pick the kids suite for a great family stay”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney
“Pick the kids suite for a great family stay”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We highly recommend the kids suite for families. We spent 5 days at the Hyatt Regency and enjoyed our stay. The kids did not want to leave! They loved their double bunk beds and we slept well in our king bed.
The room was very clean and the service desk was very helpful. Thank you to the staff that assisted us with our Disney tickets.
The shuttle bus to Disneyland only costs $4 per adult and kids are free however we chose to use our car. We tried the shuttle bus on our first day and found it very uncomfortable as we all were really packed in.
The theme parks are only a short drive away. Disney Parking costs $15 per day.  On one of the days we were selected as "guest of the day" and received free parking and were personally escorted to a car spot near the trams.
We enjoyed eating at Oggi's (great pot stickers!) and Joe's Crab house  across the road.
It was very handy having a Target nearby.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank novacastrian
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency OC during your recent trip to Disneyland! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Kid’s Suite and the location of the hotel to nearby restaurants and convenience stores. Thank you for your great review of the hotel, and we hope you will visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a chance to stay here during our family's stay for a Disneyland Vacation. OK, so first, the plusses. Great Location. By that, I don't mean it is super close to Disneyland, but by its distance from Disneyland, it allows for things other than hotels to be next door. The Target across the street allowed for quick shopping for Breakfast for most days, as well as a quick trip for a costume for my Daughter before Mickey's Halloween Party, as there was a packing wardrobe malfunction. There are a number of other restaurants in the immediate vicinity, such as the Outback Steakhouse, Joey's Crab Shack and a Red Robin all across the street. We ate in the TusCA restaurant one night, and were pleased with the size and overall price of items there.

We had a kids suite on the top floor, and it was nice to have them separated from us for a little unwind time of our own at the end of the day. As for other posters, no there was not a closet in the kids area, but we found the dresser to be more than sufficient.

We had known the parking would be an additional charge, as would the wifi, but the only caveat I have is this... when you get the in room wifi, the charge of $10 a day is PER DEVICE!! So, if you and your wife have an iPad, and you both want to use it, then you will both have to pay the charge. This charge is explained fully in the terms of service, so just make sure you read it all before agreeing to it, unlike me, who just always clicks on the yes.

Other than that, it was a wonderful stay in this hotel. The Starbucks in the Lobby, as well as the gift shop, are also great, and we found the staff pleasant and approachable, especially the staff at the guest services desk, who were more than willing to answer all our questions and provide us with assistance.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CalgaryTraills
Thank you for visiting us during your recent trip to Disneyland! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Kid’s Suite, staff’s service, and location of the hotel. Thank you for your review of the hotel, and we hope you will visit us again soon!
San Clemente, California
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at this Hyatt for two nights, while visiting Disneyland and CA Adventure. The property is stunning, well kept, modern and clean. The room was large and wonderful. Service was outstanding. This is a great option while attending Disney. We only paid $100 a night, and $16 a night for parking. They have a shuttle that brings you right over to Disney for $4/person. Kids under 10 are free. The property is only 1 mile from Disneyland and took us about 10 min. to get there. It was super easy and we'd do it again.

Room Tip: One thing I recommend, is if you are wanting to use their free wifi, avoid the 3rd floor. For some r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency OC during your recent trip to Disneyland! We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay including the room, service, and Disneyland shuttle service. Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have just finished a 4 night stay at the Hyatt Regency Orange County, 2 adults, 2 kids (aged 6 and 8) to visit the Disneyland parks. We stayed in a Kids Suite, which was very spacious and clearly divided the parents and kids areas. The kids loved the bunk beds and also the view we were given back towards Disneyland so we could watch the fireworks at night. The service was great, the staff friendly and the location was great. While you have to catch a shuttle to Disneyland this runs every half hour and at busy times they put on two, even three, shuttles to deal with the crowds. An unexpected bonus was the number of restaurants in walking distance from the Hyatt, as well as having a Target within a 5 minute walk so we could buy grocery items - the wine shop across the road also has a good selection :-). Would highly recommend a stay in one of the kids suites at this hotel for a family holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank brucesallynz
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation of the hotel! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Kid’s Suite, staff, and location of the hotel to nearby restaurants and convenience stores. Thank you for visiting us from New Zealand, and we hope to have you back as our guest again!
Munich, Germany
Reviewed October 3, 2012

From the outside the hotel looks like an impressive business hotel with very nice atrium. The exterior of the hotel and the lobby are in line with a four-star property. In contrast the rooms were the worst rooms I have ever seen in a Hyatt hotel.

We were booked to a kids suite. The rooms were somewhat run down. First the only positive aspect, my daughter loved the bunk bed in her bedroom. In her bedroom the lamp on the ceiling was damaged and was hanging down. The king bed in the parents’ bedroom was like a hammock. The mattresses seem not to be changed for a very long time. My wife and me were checking out after four nights with pain in the back. There was only a very small closet in parents’ bedroom and no closet in children’s bedroom. The safe was defect and was not repaired during our stay. The bathroom represents a low-budget motel at the most and was mold-infested. The room and the bathroom were dirty so that you leave your room every day as long as it´s possible. The remote control of the TV was so old-fashioned and disgusting, you cannot read the program numbers anymore. The telephone was also extremely dirty. And please imagine, nothing changed during our four-night stay. Finally the air conditioning was controlled for both bedrooms from one unit, so the temperature has always to be same for both bedrooms. Not least the air conditioning was blowing directly in my face when I was lying in bed. That was really the worst room I ever had in a Hyatt hotel.

After the first night I spoke to the manager and described the situation in our room. He told me, he can do nothing about that, because all rooms in the hotel are in the same condition. He offered me only 5.000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points for my Hyatt account. Until today I did not get only one point on my Hyatt account. After the second night I was wondering about the breakfast billed to my account as we had booked a room rate including American breakfast. First they told me they have to bill it first and at checkout I have to tell them to put from the receipt again. Sorry, but do they try to gamble that you forget about the cost for breakfast (50 USD per day).Once again I spoke to the manager and he told me the breakfast is taken from my bill immediately. They billed me two more breakfasts on my account in the next days. Nobody was able to take the cost for breakfast from our receipt until our third morning. They did not excuse for any of our bad experience.

Some facts about the hotel: Internet is 10 USD a day, Self-Parking is 16 USD a day, Disney Shuttle is 4 USD per person a day. Shuttle tickets are only available at the reception where all people are checking in and out, so that you have to stand in line every time. There were only two staff members responsible for the reception, so you need a lot of extra time for everything. Two staff members are responsible for guest services which are sitting there the whole day doing nothing. Staff was very arrogant and unfriendly. The Manager is a faceless person who is not interested in the concerns of guests and furthermore a liar who lies to somebody’s face without any scruple.

I am a former Platinum Passport Member and now Gold Passport Member with Hyatt. I stayed many times in Hyatt hotels on my business trips. But I´m very disappointed about Hyatt and will definitely select other hotel chains in the future.

Stay away from this hotel to avoid a big disappointment !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Volker D
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We are truly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide the utmost in accommodations and service to each and every one of our guests, and we apologize that we fell short of that goal with you. This is not the high level of Hyatt customer service that you should receive at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know about these situations, so that we may address them and work to ensure that it does not happen again. If there is anything that we can do to earn back your business, please contact our Rooms Executive, Shane Nicolopoulos, at (714) 740-6036. Thank you, and we hope to hear from you.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel. Even though the hotel was overbooked for the days of the conference and I was rerouted to another nearby hotel, I have to say the staff here were excellent in they way they handled everything. I did come back to stay for the last night as the rate was much less then the hotel I was rerouted to. The food that was provided during the conference was mediocre and had a limited selection. Since I had to check in my bags in the early morning before I could check in, the bell man who helped me with my bags was so helpful and courteous. I was really impressed with the staff at the Hyatt.

The rooms were very business like and had limited amenities. There is wireless internet provided for a charge. But you may go to the lobby with your cables and log in for free.

Room Tip: I wouldnt pay to eat at this location. There are plenty of other nearby places to eat at that are mu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you experienced the level of customer service that Hyatt prides itself on. We apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, and we thank you for letting us know. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will visit us again!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Why was I charged for the Disney shuttle when the book in the room clearly says it's complimentary? I come here yearly and always wanted to stay here. Looks like it's back to park place next year. $25 charge for a refrigerator, no free WiFi, and parking at nearly double the charge of most other places. Disappointed... when all that basic stuff is included at even your basic hotels

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank m3chris
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
First and foremost, we truly apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay with us. If you would like to discuss any of these concerns in further detail, please contact our Rooms Executive, Shane Nicolopoulos at (714) 740-6036 to see if there is anything we can do to regain your business. Thank you for visiting us and providing feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott
Anaheim Marriott
#27 of 118 in Anaheim
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!