We are regular annual visitors to this hotel when we travel from the UK for three weeks vacation. Yet again the Hyatt has managed to exceed our expectations.
Our suite was on the 5th floor, not as high as we would have liked as we prefer to be as high as possible for a 3 week stay to ensure peace and quiet however our room was clean, comfortable and most of all peaceful ensuring a good nights sleep, no noise issues at all throughout our stay.
This was our first experience of the new shuttle service to Disneyland and some aspects definitely need to be improved, mainly the scramble for seats coming home at peak times, for example after the fireworks. Some nights there was an employee (not sure if from the hotel or bus company) to try and organise the line to eliminate line jumping but this was not always the case and when this happened it was every man for himself- please Hyatt if you are going to charge for this service you need to address this issue.
My only other gripe was regarding a large church conference that was taking place in the hotel. We didn't experience any noise when we were in our room but the noise in the lobby was unbelievable....nor was it easy to clear a path through the hordes of delegates congregating in vast numbers, totalling unwilling to stand aside and let other guests through. Fancy a Starbucks when there was a break in their program? Forget it- the line was right back to the Disney ticket desk! Want to take a dip in the pool? Forget it, all loungers taken by the conference delegates. On more than one occasion I was physically shoved by one of them. However the most disturbing thing of all was the way they treated hotel staff, especially in Tusca when I witnessed first hand rudeness that I wouldn't have expected from a church group, cutting in line, trying to grab a quick breakfast and not pay etc etc......the hotel really needs to rethink the whole issue of large groups as they are taking over at the expense of other guests.....would it be possible to restrict them to stays out of high season? And also lay down some ground rules to their organisers? Just trying to give some constructive feedback...
Wanting to end on a positive note, we will most definitely be back as this is our hotel of choice in the Disneyland area. Your staff were always willing to do whatever was needed to make sure we were enjoying our stay and were amongst the friendliest that you will find anywhere. A particular mention to Jean and Melissa in Tusca (look after those gals, they are an asset to your hotel!) also the wonderful Angela on the concierge desk who is THE person to ask if you need to know anything at all, I'm still trying to catch her out and ask her something she 'doesn't know! ;) Already looking forward to visiting next summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to hotels near Disneyland, Hyatt Regency Orange County is the ultimate destination for your getaway or vacation. Located just 1.4 miles from the Disneyland® Resort, our luxury hotel near Anaheim has shuttle service available to and from the parks, and is in close proximity to Angel Stadium, the Honda Center, world-famous beaches and many other Orange County attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel Garden Grove
- Hyatt Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Garden Grove
- Hyatt Regency Orange County Garden Grove, CA