“Always awesome!”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2008

This hotel is perfect for a stay at Disneyland. Its super clean, and the check in is always very fast...no hassles at all. There's a starbucks inside the hotel, which we always appreciate. There is a free shuttle to disneyland which is nice, or like us, we took a taxi to disneyland for $7.00 which saved us some time and hassle. There are always taxi's waiting there, so its very convenient. The location is great as well. There is a target across the street, as well as numerous dining options(outback etc) within walking distance. It is down the road from Disneyland, so don't expect to be able to walk to the partk, but it's much quieter then some of the other hotels. We will definitely stay there again, and this was our 3rd visit!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank winechick1
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Orange County

Reviewed January 28, 2008

As anyone who has viewed my profile can tell you, I go to Disneyland a lot. My family and I love it, usually we just take little weekend jaunts. This time we decided to make Disneyland our family vacation during the holidays.

The ambiance at this hotel was great, the hotel is entrance is beautiful. I think the reason our room was slightly used/abused was because we chose a two bedroom kids' suite. As far as the kids suite was concerned, the privacy for us adults was lacking but it was still nice to have some seperation.

We chose the Hyatt because we always like to stay at nice hotels. While the hotel room was just a little run down, the rest of the hotel was nice and the staff were wonderful. My handbag was stolen on our second to last day at Disneyland. We told the concierge desk what happened and they went above and beyond to help me cancel all my credit cards and they tried to get me an ID so I could make my flight back home.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catori76
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We drove to LA last minute and didn't book beforehand - however we stopped in when driving by this hotel and we got the AAA rate -and it actually was fairly reasonable of a rate. The room was great - the bed was super comfy! It is a gorgeous hotel on the outside. Valet is very fast. We just basically spent the night there and left in the morning - but we did enjoy our sleep and the shower was great too.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank countrymomma
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We stayed at this hotel because we went to disneyland. The hotel has complimentary shuttle to the parks.
The staff was great, friendly and helpful at all times.
Lots of restaurants around to eat family oriented.
Hotel facilities are nice, clean and beds are comfortable.
We highly recommend this hotel for both family and couples only.
The food is a little overpriced, but besides that it was just great!

4  Thank ilianita24
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Got the room for $65/night through Priceline, a little bit high since I think a lot of people got it for $45/night on average. However, since the hotel was full, they upgraded us to a suite with no add'l charge.

The only complain I have is about the shower noise from the floor above us. They kept waking me up in the morning.

The shuttle bus to Disneyland was always prompt. They dropped us off and picked us up from the white zone. A little bit of a walk from the maingate, esp. around midnight when you are really tired (we had to carry sleeping kids from the gate).

4  Thank CaMomof2
Reviewed December 22, 2007

We stayed at the hotel in December (2007) for 3 nights while taking our 2 girls to Disneyland. We paid a little more and selected the Kid's Suite because of the separate kid's bedroom with a bunk bed. Our girls (ages 6 & 3) had never slept in a bunk bed before so this was a real treat for them. (There was also a one person sleeper in the room for a 3rd child if needed.) The Kid's Suite was nice because the separate rooms meant my wife and I had a king-sized bed and room to ourselves. I highly recommend it if you have young kids and don't want to do the two queen bed thing.

The Disney shuttle was great. The shuttle left 30 minutes before the park opened (and took about 10 minutes to get there), ran every 30 minutes after that and made the last run 50 minutes after Disneyland closed. They also brought extra buses and vans during "peak" times so no one ever got left behind.

Parking was $15 a day, but the lot was supervised and secure. I felt safe leaving my brand new SUV there.

They also have a Disneyland ticket office on-site and ticket prices are slightly cheaper buying there then at the park.

There is a Starbucks and Pizza Hut on-site along with some other hotel restaurants, and a Outback Steakhouse, Red Robin & Joe's Crab Shack are across the street from the hotel too.

For our next trip to Disneyland we will certainly look to stay here again!

8  Thank ebra9
Reviewed December 18, 2007

Stayed in the 2 bedroom sutie for about 6 days. There were 5 of us including 2 children. Overall we found it good. The front desk was helpful and it helped the fact that there was a Disney counter there. We got our tickets there with no hassles at all. The rooms were clean and the chamber maids cleaned them well daily.

Rooms are also fairly sized and allowed some space to relax. That was good as I generally like the idea of having room to move around whichever kind of hotel room I stay in.

Drawbacks - It would have been good if the Pizza Hut served the full menu and not just selected items. Opening hours for both Starbucks and Pizza Hut should also cater for tourists staying inthe hotel. As an example, as tourists we spend the whole day outside and only come back late at nights. By then Starbucks would have already closed. Probably due to the fact it is in a hotel, opening hours should differ to open until late.

In terms of service, in general I find them efficient. However, I have to say that even with all the smiles and efficiency, the warmth is missing. They do their work well, but as it is different from a proper holiday / vacation hotel. I would however like to single out a particular guy, a big sized african american guy - Mike , from Concierge. He went out of his way and was very helpful in many ways. He took the initiave to send information to my room and followed up whenever needed. There were several others that he did and he genuinely was warm.

Overall, great stay, would not mind staying there again.

3  Thank melkl99
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 118 in Anaheim
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!