“Really Nice Stay”

Hyatt Regency Orange County
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Really Nice Hotel, about 2 miles from Disneyland. There are lots of restuarants and fast food joints along the road. We felt really safe in the area. There is an outlet centre about 1.5 miles up the road. It has good restaurants and shops. It also had a cinema and free parking. 2 pools in the hotel, both have Jacuzzis. Nice gym. All in all a very good stay. Pleasant staff. Room was clean and nicely maintained.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Orange County! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff, pools, and location of the hotel to nearby attractions and shops. Thank you for visiting us all the way from Ireland, and we hope you will come back and visit us again!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I only spent one night for business. I had room 1209 in the south tower. What a nightmare. All day and night all you hear is the elevator. I spoke with the manager at checkout and he said he was not aware of this issue. REALLY! I will say that he did comp my room charge for the night. The sevice at the OC bar was excellent and the food was good. I would return to this hotel. But would not accept a room anyware near the elevator.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sunny_cali209

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We truly apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with the noise from our elevators, and we thank you for letting us know. We are, however, happy to hear that you enjoyed the food at OC Brewhouse and the service from our staff. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will come back and visit us again!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

The Hyatt is a great spot for Disney guests - free easy shuttle to park. I was there for a conference - the hotel was lovely, the food great, staff very attentive. Overall high marks for the hotel. They also have lots of fun suite configurations for families.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fireworks views. Just ask at the front desk.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CapeCod64

Thank you for your great review of hotel! We are excited to hear that you enjoyed hotel, food, and staff. Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We were expecting great things from our VIP family suite but we underwhelmed in our room. For a room that is usually $500 night it was disappoining.The dark timber furniture was very badly damaged in many places and the two bathrooms were only average. The kids bunk room had only one light and no wardrobe and it was so dark we could hardly see what was in the suitcase.For a room that could sleep 7 there were only 2 water glasses provided. Out of our month stay in America, The Hyatt was the only hotel that charged for internet access. The shuttle to Disneyland would have been $55 for our family but the charge was removed as it was included when we booked. The shuttle ran every half hour. We ate at the Oc bar in the hotel and food and service were good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jaynic

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback, and the appropriate department managers have been notified of your concerns. However, we are glad that you enjoyed the food and staff at OC Brewhouse. Thank you for choosing Hyatt, and we hope that you will give us another chance to improve your opinion of the hotel.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Found the hotel comfortable and staff very attentive. Amenities were nice. Only drawback was when restaurant got busy, service really fell off. Finally a manager took my order and served my food. Really didn't appreciate the server telling me that they were busy and would have to be patient. The buffet for breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and that you enjoyed the hotel staff, amenities, and breakfast buffet. We truly apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced while dining with us, and we thank you for letting us know so we may address the problems. We are glad that your overall experience went well, and we look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

WOW! After staying on property at Disney in Florida (and not being impressed) we decided to save money and try Hyatt in California. I travel weekly and I have to say I am not easily impressed, but this hotel is amazing-- in fact, we are still here but I could not wait to write a review.

We are staying here after 7 days at the Hyatt in Maui and all of us said the same thing-- this is better than the resort we just came from....and that one is pretty stunning.

So the main points are these:
-the kids went WILD for the gorgeous bunks and they had their own TV (this was a huge hit)
-the room service was fantastic
-wonderful staff- above and beyond
-updated furnishings and great TVs
-bus to and from park was SO convenient

For the money, I cannot imagine a better hotel for your Disney stay. My kids even opted to leave the park early yesterday just to come back and play in the bunk beds...so that says a lot for two little girls who don't often get to an amusement park.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation of the hotel! We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed the amenities of your guest room, staff, and shuttle service to Disneyland. We are happy that you experienced the level of customer service that Hyatt prides itself on. Thank you for staying with us, and hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

After my atrocious stay with the Best Western Meridian Inn & Suites (and consequently giving a bad review and then having one of the employees make a secret profile and verbally attacking me via message on TripAdvisor), I decided to stop looking for hidden gems. Let's face it...you get what you pay for. Hyatt was what I expected and more. Since crossing Best Western off my list of even 'par' places to stay at, I decided to spring for quality and stayed at the Hyatt. Five stays later, I honestly can say I probably will not stay any where else.

My boyfriend and I even purchased a Disneyland Annual Pass because we loved our experiences in Orange County with the Hyatt so much. So far we've been here for Thanksgiving, New Years & a few other holidays (a total of 6 times in a year & a half) and the service is impeccable. Spot on with their reputation and they never miss a beat. From the front desk service to the bar service, everything is genuine and accommodating. Everything can be billed to the room, as to not fumble around with wallets and cards or cash. There is a Starbucks in the lobby (convenient if you are a med student like me and need to study while you travel) that has fantastic hours. The parking is approximately $15/day, but there is in & out privilege. The grounds are clean, well cared for and well-lit. The lobby is breathtaking at night. I have never had a terrible stay here. They also have a free Disneyland shuttle that leaves & picks up every half hour (can't beat that). They call you by name when you call to the front desk or when you eat at their restaurants.

One visit, we kept forgetting to take the Privacy Please notice off our door (for this particular trip we stayed for approximately 4 days) and at the end of the 3rd day, someone called our room (which we missed), and then 3 minutes later a knock at the door. When we opened the door, a young man was standing at the door and asked us if everything was alright. We said "Yes, thank you", and he said they were just checking up on us. We figured that since they had not heard from us, they wanted to check and see if everything was OK in the room (which I think is an awesome policy). Better to check up on me than find me 4 days later unresponsive in the room.

To sum it up, this is the place to be if you want fantastic service and clean and classy quarters.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
nicole_gravelle, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Wow, thank you for being such loyal guests of the hotel! We truly appreciate your business. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Starbucks, atrium lobby, and service from our staff. Thank you for your wonderful review and recommendation of the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest for years to come!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#48 of 119 in Anaheim

Been to Hyatt Regency Orange County? Share your experiences!