We stayed here for four nights as part of a last-minute Disneyland trip. We normally stay right across the street from Disney, but given the last-minute nature of the trip, nothing was available in that area. Check-in was quick and easy, and the room was ready immediately. We had booked a family room that had one king bed, and bunk-beds for the kids. This was a great configuration for us. We used the pool everyday, and I used the gym once. Pool was a decent size and the area was clean and well stocked with towels. The gym had cardio equipment, universal gym equipment, and free weights - which was certainly adequate for a quick workout. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant. There are several restaurants right out front of the hotel including a Red Robin, Joey's Crab Shack, Outback Steakhouse, Coco's Restaurant, and others such as Subway and other fast-food within walking distance. There is also a Target right across the street. We ate supper mainly at the Red Robin because it offers decent salads and burgers for a quick meal after spending all day in Disney.
Maid service kept coming later in the day which was usually around the time we had returned from Disney for a mid-afternoon break. So for half the days we stayed we just asked for a few shampoo/conditioner, and told them not to bother with the rest. The housekeepers were very friendly.
We used the hotels shuttle bus to and from Disney. Service was acceptable, some days it was VERY late. The contracted service picks up from three hotels with the Wyndham being the second, so at times seating was a challenge, and on at least one occasion there was no seating left when we arrived at the third property. On numerous occasions we had to stand on the bus in order to ride because it was so full.
This property charges a resort fee (they call it a Hospitality Fee), which we found really frustrating. It allows the hotel to offer rooms at a lower rate, or on discount sites, and then recoup money when you check-in via this fee. We saw more than one guest get really upset when told they'd have to pay this fee. I was aware of it when I booked, although wasn't too happy about it. The fee includes things that many other properties include in there rates like wifi, shuttle to Disney, etc. It also includes parking...which is free to anyone who happens to park in the lot behind the hotel because nobody tracks which vehicles are staying at the hotel, and which are not - you don't need a pass, you just find a spot and park for as long as you want.
For us the resort fee and hassle of taking a shuttle will preclude us from staying here in the future. But if you don't mind those things, the hotel is quite nice and staff were friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Anaheim Resort Anaheim-Garden Grove is less then one mile from both The Disneyland and California Adventure Theme Park and Anaheim convention center. The Wyndham Anaheim Resort Anaheim just underwent a $4 million guest room renovation to ensure you have a superior sleep experience. Whether you are here for business or travel you will be thrilled by our newly renovated guest rooms. Every aspect has been perfected, from the ergonomically correct desk and chair, improved lighting, 32 inch LCD TV, plush carpeting and comfortable new bed where you will feel right at home. The Wyndham Anaheim Resort Anaheim is a full service resort offering 376 luxurious guest rooms, including 96 executive rooms and 30,000 sq. Feet of flexible meeting space. Enjoy the California Grill, Blend and Trinitas Bar; outdoor heated pool and spa The hotel charges a nominal daily resort fee of $14.00 Per day, which includes: self parking, Disney Resort Shuttle, access to the fitness center, use of the business center, in-room high speed Internet access, wireless high speed Internet in all public areas and a California Tourism Fee and Marketing Assessment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Anaheim - Garden Grove Hotel Garden Grove
- Crowne Plaza Garden Grove
- Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove Orange County, CA