“Nice hotel”

Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I checked in the hotel july 3rd check out today. As I walked in the set up in the lobby is nice. The hotel agents were vert nice, very helpful the room smelled kinda like old and smoke but it was nice the bed was very confortable. The pool was nice as well.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

We're so glad to have welcomed you to our site and to hear that you enjoyed the experience of our hospitality. We hope for the chance to share many more memories with you in travels to come, and we encourage you to reach out to our team the next time you're headed this way; we'd love the opportunity to set you up with the perfect room to rival our memorable services!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We are visitors from from faraway East Asia on a group tour, spent 2 nights here. Happy with the comfortable rooms and nice housekeeping, breakfast included and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Great dining places within 5-10 mins walking distance and Target Supermarket is just across the street. Free shuttle service to Disney park at regular intervals, good for a 3.5 star hotel, cannot ask for more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark L
Hotel M, Manager at Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

It's such a pleasure to have welcomed you to our Wyndham property and to hear that our site and efforts lent comfort and ease to your travels. We hope for the chance to welcome you back, and we encourage you to reach out if there's anything we can do to make your return travels more comfortable. Safe travels, and all our best!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed there from June 4-11th and as a repeat customer, it was our third stay there, we liked the renovation changes and how clean the lobby area appeared. Rooms are always average, beds are comfy.
We love the location, good nearby restaurants, not far from John Wayne Airport.
Staff has always been friendly and helpful.
The one thing that needs improvement is the restaurant. Although it too has been renovated, the food is still not superb. In fact, it gets a thumbs down.
But would I stay there again or recommend the hotel, yes...but dine off site.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hotel M, Manager at Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

We're so glad to have you as a loyal guest, and we appreciate your time in lending this feedback of our site and hospitality. We hope to welcome you back again and again, and we encourage you to reach out with any suggestions that might make your return experiences more enjoyable. Feedback like yours is invaluable to us, and we thank you for your continued support and attention.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We came to check in and the lady at the front desk (Penny) was very nice.
We where surprised with the hotel cleanliness and how nice it was.
We checked in and went to the room.
The room was nice and. Comfortable And the cleaning staff when cleaning the room even placed my daughter's doll laying on the pillows, very cute.
They had a charge that was called hospitality charge per day stay which I was a little annoyed about but was ok after hearing it included the parking ( still don't understand why hotels do that) and a free shuttle to disneyland ( saved us money on parking at disney).
On the second day we decided to have their buffet breakfast and regretted it, the food was not very good and the price was high.
All and all, I would recommend using this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Many thanks for being our guest and for your time in extending us this feedback, Gal. We're glad that the experience was an enjoyable one for you and your family, and that our many amenities added comfort and ease to your explorations. We'll be sure to share your thoughts regarding breakfast offerings and hope to welcome you back again to share in the continued evolution of our property. All our best to you and your family until we see you again.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Where to start with this hotel. It was noted a 3.5 star hotel on Priceline. While the hotel itself is nice the staff at the hotel are horrible. After an 8 hour drive from Northern California we arrived about 4pm on 6/12/14. As soon as I walked up to the front the desk the girl there just said how can I help you. I told her I needed to check in. She instantly asked for a credit card and my ID without any welcome to the hotel or anything. Once she had my card and had swiped it she told me that there is a $150.00 security deposit that they charge upfront and it will not be refunded until up to 5 days after you have checked out ( a sign on their front desk says the same thing ), there is also an additional $14.03 resort fee added on to the nightly charge for self parking, shuttle service and all of the amenities the hotel offers, they also add on tax to this resort fee. As for amenities of this hotel there are very few. The pool was okay but nothing to write home about. The restaurant was subpar and they could not get a simple hamburger order correct. The coffee bar was nice. The gift shop was nothing more than bottled drinks and some snacks in jars and placed on shelves. There are no sundries or any souvenirs for purchase. The self parking is a joke, it is shared with the Marriott next door. I was there over a weekend and for two nights after arriving back from the park there was no self parking as both hotels were full and this hotel was having yet again another huge wedding. They then charged me an additional $16.00 plus tax because they had to valet park my car because the self parking was full. I ordered room service our first morning there and the person who answered the phone had a hard time understanding my order and kept having to repeat it to me. The food arrived and was warm at best and they did not provide two orders of toast as we had asked. The hotel is not within walking distance from the parks but the Disneyland parking lot is right down the street and I used that service as I have it included in the cost of my annual pass. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and will never be staying and a Wyndham Hotel again. I only stayed at this hotel because I got a better rate on Priceline than my normal hotel in Anaheim. If you are looking for a nice hotel, within walking distance with a good restaurant, pool area, bar, gift shop and extremely friendly hotel staff I would recommend the Holiday Inn and Suites on Walnut Street.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
19  Thank Kerith A

While we're glad to have welcomed you, we're sorry to hear that the experience missed the mark in so many ways for you. It would be a pleasure to speak further and to talk through these concerns, as your satisfaction is absolutely important to us. We hope that you'll reach out to our management team at your next available convenience, and we thank you for your continued time and attention.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here on our trip to Disneyland. The hotel is now Wyndham (not Crown plaza) it was nice and everyone we talked with was very friendly and helpful, I asked the maids if we get another water bottle on our second night and she had said you get them on the first night only and gave me 2 extra water anyways I thought it was nice. The water pressure in the shower is great and the room was clean the only thing I noticed is that there is no privacy sign so we were not sure how to get the room clean other than calling the front desk. The beds were good we slept great, one thing we noticed is the ding of the elevator when it stopped at our floor in the morning we were also 2 rooms away from the elevator. The shuttle is very reliable and was always on time for the most part (plus or minus a few minutes) we did not move our car the entire time we were there. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean an extra plus is that the pool is heated so it was not freezing cold. We would stay here again and did enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014

Many thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to lend such thoughtful feedback of the experience. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our evolved, Wyndham property and we hope to welcome you back to showcase even more our our incomparable hospitality. All our best, and safe travels until we see you again!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My friend and I stayed here 6/17 till 6/20/2014, it was a wonderful experience, the staff was friendly & helpful, the pool area clean and well maintained, our room was clean & spacious, the shuttle service was comfortable and timely. The whole experience was wonderful and a pleasant surprise. I will stay here again, thanks to the staff for making it a great and memorable trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

It's such a pleasure to have welcomed you to our Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove, and we're so happy to hear that the team left such an indelible impression on you. We'd certainly love to welcome you back again soon, and hope that you'll reach out if there's anything we can do to make your returning travels even more enjoyable!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Hilton Anaheim
Hilton Anaheim
#47 of 118 in Anaheim

Been to Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove? Share your experiences!