“jaw-dropping!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Cathedral

Crystal Cathedral
More attraction details
Owner description: Unique cathedral composed of 10,000 panes of glass forming a four-pointed star.
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“jaw-dropping!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was already impressed looking at the outside of chapel. The entire building (walls and roof) is made of hundreds of panels of glass. It was just so extraordinary. However, I didn't realize at the time that the most amazing thing was to see it from the inside. We walked in and I just stood there with my jaw dropped as I gazed from one end to the other, up and down. It was the most incredible chapel I had ever seen. It's just so hard to describe in words. I'm attaching pictures so you can see.

We were greeted by a sweet old man who welcomed us in and gave us a little background. We were also very lucky to catch someone practicing on the organ. That just added to the entire experience.

If you have a chance while in LA, go see it!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank BAKER67

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brookings, South Dakota
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Cool to see, helpful guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Very interesting to see- the church has 10,000 pieces of glass used, and around 2,000 seats inside, so its very neat to see its architecture. They have a visitors center that tells how the guy came here and built it. Its something to do, for about an hour. I did not attend a church service here.

Visited March 2011
Florida
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Stunningly beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

After years of watching the Hour of Power on television, we were able to finally visit the Cathedral for a service. It is an impressive and unique church. The television/production aspect of the service is prevalent and obvious but we did not find it distracting, rather, an interesting facet to this incredible ministry. We were fortunate to get on a guided tour of the grounds which were also quite beautiful, filled with unique statuary and architecture. Make the effort to go to a service on Sunday if you visit the area. You'll be amazed, inspired and fascinated.

1 Thank Tenr2th
Collinsville, Il
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Glory of Christmas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

We went to the Dec. 11th 8:30 show of the Glory of Christmas. What a great show they use live animals, goats, sheep, donkeys, horses, even camels. All they singers were great most had other stage show experience. We paid $20 at icket for front row seats and had a great time. The angels are amazing flying 40 feet in the air and flying up to 25 mph. I would highly suggest seeing the show ,great singers, great stage and great show.

3 Thank jungl70
Quad Cities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice visit; friendly people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

I attended Crystal Cathedral for Sun. morning service while traveling in Orange, CA. The place is huge and very pretty. Th choir is quite talented. I did feel like I was at a TV production (which I was..."The Hour of Power") more than a worship service!!! :-(
Pick up the flier from your hotel and get a free gift in the gift shop when you visit (any day of the week)...a very nice necklace!
Fill out your Visitor Information in your bulletin and take it in after service...get a free cup of Starbucks coffee or tea as well as a little plaque. Very hospitable church. Nice Christian bookstore gift shop too.
As an attraction, this is an excellent location; as a church service, though, you might want to find something more similar to your church at home.

5 Thank srsinqc