“Pleasantly surprised.”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Milpitas
“Pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Was a bit skeptical because of the price ($70) but booked it anyway because it was recently renovated and I was staying just one night. This place was really clean and quiet. It also has a mini fridge and microwave for a midnight snack. I used to stay at another hotel down the road but they charged $110 without the fridge or microwave.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank vincentdoan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The room that we got is the 1 King Bed Non Smoking Suite. It is new, clean, modern, efficient, easy and simple. Very roomy and the bed is AWESOME! The room also has a flat screen television, microwave, fridge and coffee maker. They also have free breakfast. Also, I love the location very convenient.
Only reason why I didn't rate this hotel higher is because the housekeepers did not clean our room, I really did not mind it but my boyfriend was pretty upset about it. We were gonna call the front desk about it but we got back to our room late at night and we were pretty tired. Also there is no pool.
Other than that, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Our room was large and comfortable - great beds. The housekeeping was excellent; everything was very clean; bed linens changed daily. There was a microwave, refrigerator and flat screen television, none of which we used. There is a guest laundry which we did use - very convenient. The management was very quick to provide us with extra hangers and towels and to replace a burned out lightbulb. The room only had one chair and one luggage rack. We never received the extra chair we requested. Parking is limited, so if you get in late you may have to park a little way away from your room. Breakfast is basic. Many restaurants are closeby. The hotel is on a main road but we did not hear road noises. Landscaping is attractive. I would stay here again; we had an excellent experience.

• Stayed June 2010
Santa Maria, CA
Reviewed March 4, 2010

First of all, I want to say read nrhflyer's review that he posted on Oct 13, 2009 titled “Very Good and Very Disappointing”. His review is spot on of this hotel. I especially agree with his wi-fi experience. I was only able to connect to the wi-fi on our netbook for a few minutes before it would lose connection but I was able to log on fine using my ipod touch. I would also want to mention that if you have sensitive skin, the towels were extremely rough. I'm not that sensitive but it felt like I was drying off with sandpaper.

Now for the rooms itself, they look exactly as they do in the website photos so I didn't feel I needed to post any additional ones. The only thing you don't see in the photos is that this hotel actually has an elevator.

We were there 2 nights and we booked two 2-queen rooms through Priceline and had an extremely excellent rate. The room was clean with plenty of space to stretch out. All the appliances and electronics worked as they should. The beds were not plush but not firm and the mattresses did look new.

My group consisted of 3 adults and 4 children ages 2 - 7. We asked for adjoining rooms which we were granted on the first floor but they unfortunately faced Harbor Blvd so it was a bit noisy. If you are a light sleeper, then you should mention this to the hotel rep so they can hopelfully help you out with that. The street noise didn't bother me but the paper thin walls did. We were in rooms 105 & 106 and I think my room, (106), was probably next door to the jacuzzi suite. Luckily our kids were tired from a day at the Disney parks so they conked out early before our neighbor got busy with his lady friends in the evening.

I saw the same man each of the nights but I heard a different woman with him each time. How do I know this you ask? Well... let's just say that each of the women were very vocal and anyone with ears could tell the difference. I just fell asleep to the TV with the volume raised high to drown them out.

To add to that topic, on the first day we checked in we saw two young ladies in their early 20's that came out of a ground floor room. It was only 3:30 pm and you could tell they were going out looking for business. Their outfits were too sexy even to go clubbing! Luckily that was the only time we saw them though.

I don't want you to think that this is just a seedy hotel because it isn't. It's just that everyone, good and bad, have the right to rent a room. When we went to breakfast one morning there was a perfectly normal adult family sitting at a table. Another time as we were leaving for dinner we saw a nice elderly couple pulling into the parking lot.

Overall, I would have to say that this is an ok option for adults on a budget. If you are a family, I would suggest you opt for a more kid-friendly hotel. If I had a choice, I would rather hear a crying baby than someone getting their groove on.

The bright side of this hotel were the employees. I interacted with 2 front desk employees and a maid and they were all very friendly and helpful. I really value and appreciate that. The other good points of this hotel is that there were plenty of options for food within a short driving distance and it was easy to get back on the freeway going home. If it wasn't for the ladies of the night next door, we would have had a pretty good experience.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cyncharoo
sonelpatel21, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Hello,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn and Suites in Garden Grove, CA. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff. We strive to bring excellent service to our guests. We hope to see you again very soon.

Management
regniG
Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite(room 109) for 2 nights and it was wonderful!!!! I have stayed at many hotels in the Disney area this hotel room was the nicest room we have stayed in! Other hotels might have better facilities and options but this ROOM was NICE!!! The jacuzzi was so luxurious. The only things that were inconvient was that breakfast was lacking in options, the bed is typical in comfort(not plush like we prefer) and the distance from Disney but it was really no big deal. But if you stay in the jacuzzi room it makes up in romance for what it lacks in other areas.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Our stay was a mixture of very good service, and great disappointment. I'll start with the positives. By far the best thing about this Days Inn is the staff. They were very friendly and helpful, taking care of any need promptly and offering advice and directions to local attractions. Upon arrival, I mentioned I had children with me and they put us on the 3rd floor facing Disneyland so we could see the evening fireworks from our room.
This is a new Days Inn, approx 1 year old, so everything is fresh and new. The rooms are nice even if they are fairly basic. Each is equipped with a flat panel TV with cable, a mini fridge, mini microwave, coffee pot and a small table with 2 chairs. No DVD or other extras. Our mini fridge wasn't working so I informed the front desk. They promised to replace it within 15 minutes ... 15 minutes later they arrived with a new fridge, already cold and swapped the units. Also, our room was cleaned and new towels provided daily.
This is also the smallest Days Inn we've ever stay at, approx 40 rooms on 3 floors. It shares the property with an older motor inn "Harbor Inn" whose exterior has been remodeled to look like the newer Days Inn. Both are owned and operated by the same family.
Now for the disappointments. Being a small Days Inn, everything was small. The continental breakfast was a throwback to 10-15 years ago when hotels first started offering breakfast. Breakfast consisted of Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, individually packaged danishes, individually packaged oatmeal, mini muffins, apples, bananas, whole milk, orange juice, apple juice, regular and decaf coffee. The only protein was the whole milk. There wasn't a toaster or microwave available. The breakfast are shared the small lobby and had two tables for a total capacity of 8, with a TV. My son ate breakfast one morning standing at the counter. The rest of the time we took breakfast back to our room.
They advertise free WiFi. It's true, they do have a wireless gateway somewhere on the property. However, the signal in our room on the 3rd floor was so weak most of the time I couldn't connect. When I could connect it was so slow it was unusable, and then I'd loose the connection again. My daughter could get a usable signal on her iPod Touch if she went in the bathroom, nearest the office, or outside the room.
They do have a swimming pool, although it isn't easily found without asking directions. The pool is part of the older motor hotel which shares the property and is located in the back corner behind the old office.
The biggest disappointment however was the "fitness room". We specifically chose this Days Inn because they advertised a fitness room, and my wife was planning to run the Long Beach marathon that weekend. Now, I understand, one shouldn't expect a whole lot, much less a full gym in a budget motel. However, this was the poorest excuse for a fitness room we've encountered. It was a converted room, no surprise there, that had been divided into two spaces. The front half apparently was set up as a prayer room, empty floor space, and a foot bath. The back portion consisted of a mirrored wall, a small rack with 3 towels on it, and a single, new, treadmill facing into an empty corner. No TV and the treadmill didn't even face the mirror. I mentioned this to the staff and they said that they were ordering new equipment for the fitness room. I hope they are right, maybe it will be better in the future, but the room isn't that big, I can't imagine them putting more that two machines in there total.
In conclusion, we didn't have a bad stay, the staff was helpful and the property was new ... but given the breakfast, unusable wifi and disappointing fitness room, we'll opt to stay elsewhere next time we visit SoCal.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
las vegas
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We booked thru Hotels.com about 2 weeks before we stayed here. We checked in and they didn't have our reservation! We showed the confirmation and they took our card and claimed it was for incidentals. We saw a "hold" on our card for $133.34!!! They denied they charged our card! We went down there in person and they manager on duty said that the hold would be released! He admitted it!!! Then we called the next day and we spoke SONELL and she claimed that NO ONE authorized our card! What a nightmare!!! The floors are filthy (our feet were black, we had to wear our socks the whole time) and the place is just old. The towels are really thin and hard so you have to bring your own! This place claims to have breakfast...I mean I guess if you like cold costco packaged pastries and cold coffee! We are utterly disappointed and we will NEVER stay in a Days Inn again. Talk about customer service...in this economy you would think that people would try, at least try to give good customer service...but I guess some businesses just don't care that customer service is the most important thing that reflects on their business! DO NOT STAY in this hotel!!!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
sonelpatel21, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
Hello,

I apologize for the Inconvenience during your stay. Our first priority is our customer service to our guests and I assure you that we try to deal with any issues guests may have in a honest and timely manner. Again, I apologize for any miscommunication there may have been. We hope you chnage your mind about staying with us again.

Thanks Again,