All reviews club level across the street front desk parking fee shuttle service starbucks coffee free internet per day pool and hot tub near disney clean hotel joe's crab shack disney shuttle laundry room red robin after a long day spg
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I have been a platinum member with SPG for 6 years, and I guarantee this is the worst SPG hotel ever I have lived.The service was bad, the room was terrible. The worst was I got food poison after I had the breakfast from the hotel, and I had to go to hospital for two days which ruined my holidays with my family.

I reported back to my ambassador, and the hotel started to look into this for couple weeks.They had no report, no communication, no outside investments, and by the time I almost forgot this, they wrote an email back saying I got sick from something else...And I asked them what have I had for the breakfast, and they didnt even know. Even worse, their general manager wrote an email to me saying they would not honor any of mine future booking or reservation, and asked me never write them back or go back to the hotel....

This is the most ridiculous experience I had with SPG and my ambassador apologized for what the GM wrote to me. If you are going to live there, I could only wish you good luck.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

This review is from a stay in August of 2016. We completed an investigation into this claim of food poisoning and found that the illness must have come from somewhere else. The breakfast burritos came from our food distributor frozen and 100 other guests ate the same food yet no one else got sick. Food poisoning generally takes 10 hours to 2 days to set in, not 1 hour. Starwood hotels corporate office agreed with us.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Its a very decent hotel. Staff is super friendly. Good for business travelers. Roams need updating. Location is good if you want Disney only but far from LA and most attractions in SoCal. They need to improve their breakfast options.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Thank you for the review! We do pride ourselves on service, and do realize we could use some updating. We are planning some upgrades this winter that we're sure will improve the experience.
Best,
The Sheraton team

Reviewed November 12, 2017

I brought my wife to California for her birthday since she has never been on the west coast and this is the hotel that we found. I will start with the negatives. As a hotel guest, I find it laughable that for the rate we paid, we would still have to pay a daily parking charge of $8.If there are those of you that like to exercise, if your room is located on the opposite end from the elevators, it's gonna be quite a hike. Also, be aware that there are no plugs/outlets in the immediate area of the bed, if you would like to sit and read on your tablet, you would need a 10' cord.......the immediate outlet is located at the head of the bed (the mattress can't go flush against the wall). We had a "cooler" in our room with fridges available to rent for $10.

There were some positives about this facility. The showers were very spacious. The location is practically down the street from DisneyLand........and other area amenities such as grocery stores, restaurants, and shopping.

To be quite honest, this is not the worst hotel in the world, however for the rate we have paid, if we can get something "a little bit more", we would go with that........

Room Tip: Get close to the elevators
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review!

We appreciate the honest feedback. We are planning some improvements upcoming, such as bedside charging ports. As for the parking, yes most hotels in this area charge for parking or have a resort fee or other so best to check ahead. Our guests do like the convenience of parking here and taking the shuttle right to the front entrance to Disneyland, and skip the even higher parking rates there. We do love our location too, close to all the major freeways and walking distance to shopping and some great restaurants!
Thanks again from the team at Garden Grove

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Well I am Marriott elite member and Marriott hotel charge parking per day in this area. I call Sheraton and ask the deal and she said if you upgrade to club floor breakfast is free and parking also free. When I reach the desk scenario change they said no I have to pay parking then I call reservation and said same thing and said is our agent mistake I must pay parking.

Second major thing is outside hotel is clean and nice however once you get in is worst then Motel 8 very dirty corridor and your room carpet and chair have alot of stain, bed sheet also dirty.

I don't recommend any one to stay in this hotel specially with kids. The rate is same as Marriott.

I didn't check the review however I saw trip advisory print hotel which is hanging inside the frame once you get in.

I believe most of the review they made by them self and I never saw trip advisory review to frame in any hotel.

Club floor breakfast area very filthy when you walk on carpet your little stick so thing about it how much dirty is carpet.

I discuss one guy who stay in same hotel and according to him this is the clean hotel in this area. I told him we came here three years before and stay in Marriott and it was much better then this one however hotel little smaller. He replied is little expensive and I said is same price, and later he said he get some special discount from his friend. Then definitely if you pay cheap price then this hotel is fine and I don't have any friend at all.

Also beware in breakfast they don't care what you eat and what ever is your religion no sign for food like egg with ham and if you ask attendant what is it today they just said egg because English is big issue.

There is so many nice hotel the is depend but if you spending 128 dollar per night I suggest choose Motel 8 or best western which is way cheaper I guess same or better I don't know I never stay in Motel 8.

I uploaded picture what I am saying is verifiable or not.

Room Tip: All room same very old and stain every where
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank almascs
Reviewed October 23, 2017

This is our second stay at the hotel and the property is really nice. The rooms are larger than your standard hotel (I think some of that is because there is not a built in closet, but a large armoire) In addition the hotel has been very well kept since its opening.
I cannot say enough about the staff at the hotel. They have always been so hospitable while staying. They were very understanding and helpful with a late check out request on this visit.
The hotel offers a shuttle for a nominal fee which I believe runs continuously to Disneyland. My wife and I normally just used Uber as it is more flexible. About $8-11 one way from the hotel, and about a 5-8 minute ride.
I cannot speak to the hotels Food and Beverage as we have never used it. Will definitely look to stay here again on our next visit to the Disneyland Resort.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyleg453

Well we certainly appreciate the excellent review and recommendation. Most of our rooms are very spacious, however we appreciate the comments about the staff most of all.
We look forward to many returns,
The Sheraton team