“Very good stay”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Very good stay”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here two different nights on business. Both rooms were clean and simple. The location is close to disney, across from a target and within walking distance of a few chain restaurants. Both my nights included breakfast, one was in the restaurant, the other was in the Sheraton club. The club offered the same hot (excellent) breakfast, but was buffett style, which is convenient if you're on the go.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here for a single night after staying the prior night at a neighboring Sheraton. This hotel felt much more modern than it's neighbor down the street. The room was very clean and comfortable.

The bathroom was great for a single person - there was no bath tub, so if that is a deal breaker for you, stay somewhere else. For me, it wasn't an issue. Speaking of the bathroom the water temperature and pressure was spot on.

The worst part of my stay was that I was assigned an adjoining room and the neighbors had a were a bit loud. I truly loathe adjoining rooms - it just feels like strangers are in your room.

When staying in Anaheim again for work, I would choose to stay at this Starwood Property versus the others in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TXN60613
Princeville HI
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I revisited in December and had a great time. I had exactly the room type I wanted and it was nice and quiet. As SPG Plat I got free internet which worked well. The shuttle to the park now runs direct and is much improved. Everyone was very helpful and had no trouble with parking. Those expecting a ST Regis will be disappointed but for a comfortable no nonsense stay at very reasonable price I really recommend. Rooms are quite spacious, very clean and everything works as it should. My only gripe is the local channels on TV are still not in HD but hey you don't come to disney to watch TV. Thoroughly recommend and I do not understand the adverse comments from some. By the way the shuttle stops by the pool as the bus is too long to clear the driveway. It is not on top of Disneyland but shuttle every half hour took 7 minutes so no problems there.

Room Tip: Call the front desk a couple of days ahead to confirm what room needs you have as the SPG site does...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank HI_Rich
Northern California
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room was neat and clean. Bathroom and bed were very good. Good quailty stay for a good price. Need to take a shuttle to and from Disneyland and that was not so bad the shuttle ran every 30 minutes and was always punctual.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BobandJill
California
Reviewed December 17, 2012

If I am in the Anaheim area and need an only place to sleep and grab a quick bite, this is always my choice. This hotel is extremely clean and comfortable. Location is near several restaurants. Several shopping options are a short drive. While I have never used this service, there is a shuttle to Disneyland. I did notice several families staying at the hotel. I typically stay on the club floor, where breakfast and evening appetizers are served. Breakfast is a full breakfast ( eggs, potatoes, sausage, hot cereal) plus there are cold cereal, yogurt, and fruit offerings. Full coffee bar is available also. My only complaint, and I really don't know how the hotel could control this is that the breakfasts appear to be limited in amounts. Several families were in the lounge for breakfast and loaded up their plates with tremendous amounts of food that went uneaten. This limited what was available for others who were arriving into the lounge. Overall this is a very nice hotel for basic traveling needs.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back interior and west are the quietest. Rooms facing the street have a bit of nois...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank traveling_gal801
Vallejo, California, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Spent four nights here and enjoyed every night! We arrived and a blackout just ended and the staff was extra helpful. They quickly walked us up to our room and delivered room keys when the computers were functioning. The room was nice, clean and spacious.

Here are a few things to consider:
Walls were a little thin but not bothersome. I could hear when neighbors ran their water.
No microwave, fridge, or in room safe.
A wifi fee per device - kind of too much

Otherwise, the beds were comfy, loved the target across the street, and lots of good food nearby. The bar staff was great, we asked them to heat up leftovers for our daughter and they did it with a smile.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here. I got a great deal and I plan to come back next time the family and I head to Disneyland!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Redondo Beach, CA
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I booked a room here for a quick overnight to Disneyland. I knew of it because it was next to my usual hotel which is the Crowne plaza. We arrived around 7pm (it was dark) several lights were out in the parking lot and the entrance with the arm that raises and lowers when you're issued a ticket, was broken and propped open. There was no valet and parking was very limited. Before we entered the hotel we could hear a very loud party going on inside. Once inside, I wasn't impressed. The lobby is very small, there were three people behind the counter and 3 in line yet only one was being helped. I waited for about 5 minutes and during my wait, I noticed several more people in a room behind the front desk. (All these people and such slow service?) After a very long day, I wanted nothing but a bed and my first impressions of this hotel made me not want to stay there. (Poor parking lot lighting, broken entry, no valet, loud party, long wait while fully staffed, The hotel is older and dated) I asked how long the party was expected to go to, and was told it would be over at midnight. On a Saturday night, you know parties aren't immediately quiet when they end, it takes another hour or so to disperse, and longer if the attendees are staying in the hotel. I cancelled my reservation and left. But not before getting locked in the parking lot because while the entry was propped open, the exit was locked.

I went down the street to my usual hotel, the crown plaza. Their parking was lit, their valet greeted me at the font entrance, their lobby was big and spacious, they opened another window to check me in. And to top it off, there was a wedding reception and I didn't hear a peep. I will not stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nicole F, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Garden Grove for your recent visit to our area. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your arrival experience, and that you chose not to stay with us.
I have reviewed your comments, and we will address your issues accordingly. We hope that you will give another opportunity to show your our outstanding accommodations and service.

Nicole Fedorchek
#4 of 19 in Garden Grove
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!