“Excellent facility for business meetings and guest services”

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
“Excellent facility for business meetings and guest services”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My team travels all over the US to deliver training workshops for groups of 50 100 sales professionals. This hotel is one of the best we have visited. The facility is maintained in excellent condition, the guest rooms are very comfortable, the meals are very good and the entire staff is outstanding! The banquet/meeting staff is one of the nicest and most accomodating we have ever worked with. I would strongly recommend the Sheraton Garden Grove to anyone planning a visit or meeting in that area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Dear "Excellent facility for business meetings & guest services",

Thank you very much for your kind words about my Banquet Staff. They definitely work very hard with each Client that we have to make sure their Meetings go flawlessly, I will share these comments with the Team.

Thanks again for choosing the Sheraton Garden Grove for your Meeting Space & Sleeping Rooms. We look forward to hosting your Meetings in 2012 as well !!!!

Happy Holidays...

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My family and I recently went to Disneyland for my son's birthday trip. I had checked several hotels on expedia and reviewed them through tripadvisor. I was between Red Lion Hotel and the Sheraton Garden Grove. I found a great deal on this hotel ($79 a night with expedia) and saw that they had great reviews so I went with the Sheraton.
We were very excited to go and enjoy the holiday themed parks during this season. When we arrived on Monday to Disneyland, it was pouring outside and we had to leave the park eary because I didn't want my son to get sick. I called the hotel to see if I could check in early, and I was greeted by Omar, the guest service receptionist. He was so nice and undersanding about the situation. We were able to check in at noon at both our rooms. When we walked into the hotel lobby it was clean and decorated with a Christmas tree. Once we got to our rooms they were awesome, with fresh linen and clean bathrooms. There was a desk separate from the TV cabinet, as well as an armoire for our clothes. I loved the spaciouseness of the rooms. In the pictures it really isn't obvious, but once I walked in it was so large. I loved that it was spacious since we were 6 people sharing two connecting rooms. The beds were so comfortable too and the duvet was soft and clean.I loved that there were restaurants at walking distance and a target across the street. Plus all the staff was so lovely and made our trip such a great experience. I will definitely stay here again if I am in the Anaheim area!

Room Tip: This hotel offers a shuttle to Disneyland and back to the hotel. It is $3 for the day, but you can g...
Dear "Amazing Rooms & Great Service, Perfect Holiday Trip !!!!",

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our Hotel. Yes, Omar is amazing & one of our greatest assets.....he continually goes above & beyond to service our guests. I will definitely share your comments with him.

We are very proud to have the newest Sheraton in Garden Grove (just 3 years old) & hope that you can return soon !!!

Happy Holidays to you & your family.

Redmond, Washington
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I came and stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend from December 1-4. The hotel itself is located about 1 mile away from Disneyland. I went to Disneyland with my girlfriend in celebration of her birthday. As it was her birthday, the hotel staff were kind enough to leave a plate of complimentary cookies which were very yummy. The room cleaning staff were always thorough in everything and courteous as we walked by them in the hallways. Although we went mainly for Disneyland, we left the room at odd times but the room cleaning staff always kept good track of which rooms still needed to be cleaned. With that said, the bottles of water that we drank, and hotel toiletries used up were replenished everyday.
The room that we had was on the Club Level, shower only - but pretty big. The work area had 2 power outlets on top of the table. Room was very well lit. Both the bed and pillows were very comfortable.
The front desk staff were all very courteous and the hotel was always very clean. We went and used the exercise room one night, there wasn't too much equipment there, but it was clean and didn't have funny smells which was nice. There was a water tank in the fitness room as well. We didn't drive so I can't comment about the parking, however the parking lot looked pretty spacious with vacant spots at any given time of the day.
The bus driver Martin was always on time and were very kind in the sense that they were willing to wait for passengers if they didn't have a shuttle pass with them.
The hotel is literally across the street from Target which was very handy for picking up snacks, water, and toiletries that we forgot.
Everything about the hotel and management is top notch. There aren't many hotels out there where their management (Rick Ross) cares about comments left by hotel guests and replies to them.
Of the sheraton's I've stayed at, this one was one of the best.
Although this hotel might be a little farther than the other Disneyland hotel, it's only a 5-10 minute shuttle ride. The location is great though. There are great stores and restaurants around such as Target, Red Robins, Outback steakhouse, Joe's Crab Shack all within a 2-3 minute walking distance.

Room Tip: Corner rooms / Club Level are great and worth the price difference for less sound, more privacy.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grant H
Dear "Excellent Hotel & Staff",

We are very happy to hear that your Girlfriend's Birthday was so special. I'm so happy that we could accomodate your requests & assist in making the experience one that you both will not soon forget.

Thank you for your kind words about the Hotel as well. As the newest Sheraton in Garden Grove (3 years old) we continually hear such positive feedback about the condition, design & appreciate everything you said.

Happy Holidays to you & your Girlfriend & we look forward to having you back soon.

Noosa, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We have stayed here a few times already and happy to come back again. Rooms are quiet & clean. Front desk staff are friendly & helpful. We tried the club floor this time & if you get a good deal on the rate the added breakfast inclusions can be a good deal. However I have to say the breakfast is pretty non exciting and I wouldn't bother with the upgrade to Club unless it was a super bargain. The things I was not keen about as regards the breakfast was that it finishes at 9am which is early for holiday travellers & I guess its mainly marketed at corporate so the timing is understandable but it was a rush for us. Also the cereal has no sneeze guard set up & buffet service always grosses me out a bit if you know can see there is nothing covering the food. A cloth serviette is placed of the bakery selection and the hot food is in one of those silver heated dome covered metal containers. Its a basic breakfast & does the job but nothing fun eg no waffle machine like you get a Homewood or Hampton Inns. We also stayed at a Hampton on this trip & the breakfast at Hampton was much better than the Sheraton Club greater variety and more hygenically served. We stopped in a couple of times to see what was on offer for the Sheraton Club evening snacks. One night was cheese & crackers (also not covered) & there was also some filled tortillas but they were super greasy & pretty icky. It was nice to be able to get cold water bottles and cans of soda in the lounge as well.

As per our last trip the shuttle service is fantastic. Running on time & super convenient. I was surprised to see how much the buses had gone downhill since our last visit. There was broken seats on one bus that was used on multiple days during our visit. Actually quite a few of the buses were a bit dodgey as far as maintenance of the interiors ripped, broken etc. No probs mechanically but just a bit shabby. Of course these are not owned by sheraton but I guess it may reflect in some way.

I love the location of this hotel. Target across the road is a shopping haven for Aussie. And the local restaurants are plentiful and well priced.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank to_dee1
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear "Lovely Friendly Front Desk",

Thank you so much for your comments regarding the Breakfast & Evening Snacks during your stay, I will certainly address these areas with my Food & Beverage Director. I'm happy that you enjoyed the accessibility of the cold beverages & coffee at your leisure.

Yes, unfortunately the Shuttle is outsourced with a local Vendor & it does reflect on the Hotel when the trip to the Park is less than acceptable based on the condition of the vehicle. I will be making a call to them as well to discuss the items you referenced in your Review.

We hope to see you back again soon the next time you are in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area.

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I travel extensively and I have to say I love this place. Friendly staff, CLEAN rooms, great location and peace and quiet. If you are heading to Disneyland Resort, they have a cheap priced shuttle as well (not like the others in the area). I love a good hot shower with good water pressure, had both even on the top floor! Great breakfast too! Stay here, you won't be dissapointed!

Room Tip: 7th fllor has it's own club room with private breakfast!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear "LOVE IT",

Thank you for your kind words, all are very true !!!!!

Our Hotel is special in many ways & you listed several in your Review. The Club Lounge on the 7th Floor is a great deal & well worth the Upgrade.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Anaheim - Garden Grove area.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The hotel is located about one mile west of Disneyland on Harbor Boulevard. There is parking on side and the rear of the hotel. The property is about three years old. There is one restaurant in the hotel. I did not notice any major restaurant within a few blocks of the hotel. There is a donut shop and ice cream store located within a block of the hotel.
There is private bus service from the hotel to Disneyland every half hour. The cost is $3.00 per person per day with unlimited trips. The bus parking zone at the park is a couple of blocks from the ticket office at the park.
The room was an adequate size. There were plenty of drawers and a cabinet with additional drawers and hanging space for clothes.
The work area for a computer has an extended desktop.
The bathroom was clean with a shower only the sink is modular type with an average size top. The bed and pillows were very good.
The only was trying to set the correct room temperature. The thermostat was no accurate. The adjustments made the room very hot or very cold. I was unable to fix a constant temperature.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators. The higher floor have a good view not many tall building in the area of th...
Dear "One Mile West of Disneyland",

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Hotel. I will definitely share your concerns about the Thermostat in your room to my Chief Engineer to see if this specific unit has an issue as this is typically not a comment that we hear...?

Thanks again for your Feedback & we look forward to seeing you back soon the next time you are in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Stayed here while on a business trip. Breakfast was very good. Outside pool was nice (not big but sufficient). Not far from Disneyland which makes it a good location for people wanting to visit the resort (not great if you're trying to avoid children and families!)

Parking was a bit of hassle (depending on what time you get to the hotel and park). No charge to park the care, but in the morning if there's a rush, it might take a while before you get your car.

Flew in using SNA airport (approx 25 min away) - highly recommend that airport over LAX if you have a choice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear "Great Hotel in Anaheim",

Thank you for your patronage while staying in the Garden Grove/Anaheim South area. As we know, you have many choices while traveling & are extremely happy that you chose to stay at the Sheraton/Garden Grove.

I will share your comments about our Breakfast with my F & B Director, she will be very pleased. Yes, SNA (John Wayne) is much closer than LAX.....great advice for fellow Travelers.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
#5 of 19 in Garden Grove
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!