“Nice hotel near Disneyland”

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The hotel is new, well sound-proofed and well run. Brand new fitness center, well-situated pool, nice wine list. On the negative side, they charge for the shuttle ($3/adult/day) and parking ($12/day), while other hotels in the area do not. I complained about the shuttle fee and did get complimentary passes... All in all, a good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Dear "Nice Hotel near Disneyland",

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially all of the amenities that a new Sheraton offers.

Unfortunately we do charge a Shuttle Fee & Parking Fee......where as other Hotels do not. Instead they charge you a Resort Fee that encompasses all of these items.

Thanks again for your patronage & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed here for one week at the end of September. It was a family trip to Disneyland. The room was spacious enough for me, my husband and our 2 yr old. It was very clean and the maids did an excellent job of cleaning every day. They also had free internet in the lobby which was great. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. We also used the gym facility which was more than enough for a week stay. And my daughter enjoyed the pool even though I found the water to be really cold. We ended up using the shuttle to Disneyland. It was mostly on time and never really crowded. Although it's not in walking distance to Disnyland, it is across the street from Target and a very short drive to many restaurants. The only thing I wish the hotel room included was a microwave and fridge. We ended up asking for a fridge for the room which was $10/night. And we also had to pay for parking. But considering that I got a great deal for the room on Priceline I can't complain. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear "Great Stay",

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel, I will make sure & share them with my Team.

We are very conveniently located to several Restaurants in the area, several shops, Target & of course only 1 mile from Disneyland !!!!!!!

Thanks again & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Things I like about this hotel
Nice new hotel
Huge room
Clean
Comfy beds
Quiet
Right across the street from Target

Things I don't like about this hotel
Parking fee ($12/day)
Shuttle fee ($3/day)
No fridge, microwave or safe
No free internet in the room
Slippery bathtub (even the bathmat wouldn't stick on the tub)
No towel rank except one hook behind door
Not walking distance to Disneyland

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear "Nice Hotel",

Thank you for your positive feedback about the Hotel. I will certainly look into the slippery bathtub issue, this is quite unusual to hear as the Hotel is only 3 years old & was built with anti-slip residue tubs/showers? Unfortunately there is a charge for Internet in the Guest Rooms, but it is complimentary at the Link@Sheraton in the Lobby for all Guests.

Thanks again & we look forward to having you back soon at the Sheraton - Garden Grove/Anaheim South.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I would have given this hotel full marks in all respects if I had not had annoying unresolved problems with the wireless Internet service. Since I paid only $87 per night (excluding tax) on a special, this was the best value for money I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Driesvdc,

I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our Hotel with the exception of the Internet Connection, please accept my sincere apologies. This is an issue that happens very seldom here & typically is rectified immediately when a Team Member is notified.

Thanks again for your positive Feedback & we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Garden Grove area.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Had a great stay with them! May not work for families with little ones as it is a little far from Disneyland walking, but the shuttle comes every half hour and only takes 5 min. Target right across the st. And plenty of good family restaurants :). The beds were so nice to sleep on. The staff was great ! Didnt charge for any shuttle passes...nice touch! 24 hr gym and pool ... Yahoo... Hot Tub too!!!

• Stayed: October 2011

Dear michael b,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Hotel & it's Amenities. We are conveniently located to several Restaurants, Target & of course Disneyland. The Jacuzzi is a nice touch, especially after a long day at the Park....or making Sales Calls.

We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area !!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Garden Grove for a businesss trip. Not only were the rooms excellent the service was even better. The staff was my favorite part. They were always willing to help any time I needed anything. The hotel was very clean and always smelled fresh. It is conveniently located near several great restaurants and shops. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Molly M,

Thank you for your compliments regarding my Staff here at the Sheraton/Garden Grove. They work very hard on a daily basis to go above & beyond to make sure all of our guest's needs are taken care of. I will definitely share your Review with my Team !!!!!

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton Garden Grove for a business trip. It is conveniently located with quick access to the Anaheim convention center, and of course DisneyLand. There are lots of food options around as well. The staff at the Sheraton were all great. It was nice to see everyone with a smile on their face all through out the day. The general manager Rick Ross was very friendly with me as well as all of the guests chatting with them in the mornings during breakfast and in the lobby asking how their stay was. Having an involved GM makes for a great place to stay. I really liked the business center in the lobby as well, it was very convenient for logging on to my computer to get a little work done. My room was very nice, clean, and I like how everything was very up to date..having the granite countertops in the bathroom, and a nice sitting area and desk to work on. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the area and I plan on staying there in the future for business and personal trips. Sheraton staff....thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Somewhere_in_AR,

Thank you so much for your kind words & it was a pleasure meeting you during your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our Breakfast in the morning & the ability to work at the Link on your Laptop.

I will certainly share your comments with my team & hope to see you again soon !!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
#3 of 19 in Garden Grove
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!