“Second stay not as nice as before”

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Pleasanton, California
“Second stay not as nice as before”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is the 2nd time I've stayed at the Sheraton Garden Grove. If you are going to Disneyland, I would recommend the Sheraton Anaheim.

This is a very decent hotel, lobby is nice and modern and the restaurant is a good value. Doesn't seem like being a Gold SPG member gets you anything at this hotel. Room was not upgraded, no club access, front desk refused to throw in free wifi. Really????? Since I was only in the room at night to sleep, didn't blow the experience but it's the little things that make a hotel stand out vs. others. Probably won't stay here again.

Don't quite get the parking charge, there is plenty of parking. This hotel is not close enough to Disneyland where people would park and leave their cars, and walk to Disneyland. It's over 2 miles.

Room was fine, no issues there. Did not use the pool.

In summary, this is a decent, modern Sheraton but a few little gestures would have made it a much better experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Bo C
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear Bodarony,

I'm sory to hear about the anticipated Free Wi Fi during your stay. Unfortunately unless you are a Platinum Member & have access to the Club Lounge.....there is a charge unfortunately.

I'm happy to hear that you were impressed with the room & the rest of your stay though, we look forward to having you back soon.

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I booked the hotel through priceline.com for $80 per night. The hotel is very nice on the outside. Appears to be new. Lobby and front desk staff were also very nice.

The hotel is the farthest away from Disneyland. They do offer a complimentary shuttle; however, we did not realize this until after we purchased our shuttle tickets from ART.

The room was spacious. Offers two queen size beds. Shower was small but shower head was nice. There were some stains on the carpet. The biggest issue with the room was the vent. The airconditioner vent is situated to where it blows directly in your face while you are sleeping. We all had sore throats when we woke up.

The other thing I noticed is there is no breakfast buffet. The menu items were somewhat pricey. My family ended up walking over to the Marriott Suites and had their breakfast buffet. It was excellent food and was reasonably priced.

Overall, I probably would not stay here again. It's too far away from Disney, I hated that the ac blew in my face, and I prefer the buffet selection offered by Embassy Suites and/or Marriott Suites.

1 Thank Kalisa75
Dear Kalisa75,

I am so sorry to hear about the A/C that unfortunately blew in your face all night, this is the 1st time I've heard this complaint from a guest. I will definitely send Engineering to the room to make sure the vent is angled properly as this should not be an issue.

We typically run a Buffet in the Restaurant during Sold Out weekends to alleviate the rush, assist both the Guests & Servers in completing a quick/efficient breakfast experience as we know most guests are on their way to Disneyland in the AM. I am so sorry this was not offered during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We arrived at the hotel at 1030 am way earlier than our 3pm check in and they were very accommodating, the mgr Martha let us check in our room.
We decided to rent a car (last minute) and the bellman made the arrangements for us. Matt at hertz was awesome he set us up with a
convertible.
The hotel was clean and quiet. We had friends at the embassy suites half mile up the road and that hotel was so noisy.
The only thing we would suggest is the hotel not accept pets.

• Stayed July 2011
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear ES3060,

Thank you for your kind words about my Team. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us
& we look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area.

Unfortunately Starwood's Policy is that we do have to accept pets at the Hotel. Of course they must be controlled at all times & fall under certain weight restrictions. I'm sorry if this was an inconvenience during your stay.

Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed here for a conference and, once again, was very pleased with the property.

First of all, the front desk was both friendly and efficient---not an easy thing to do 'in season' and at the height of the check-in hour in the hotel business. Kudos to them.

The room was a nice size, modern, clean, comfortable and included a mini-fridge,which came in handy.

One night I decided to eat dinner in the restaurant and I had the pasta pomadora ($12.95) and a glass of Cabernet ($5.00). The food was very good, the sevice was also very good as well and it was very relaxing---just what I needed that evening. Thank you so much!

Another night I came back late and decided to use their free computers in the lobby to check e-mails, etc. I went to the nearby bar and ordered a glass of wine; once again the service was terrific.

My only complaint is that one morning I came down to the computers to use them and found 4 childen playing and dancing on the platform that housed the computers. The Sheraton GG can see this from the front desk and has to be willing to step in on this sort of behavior. OTOH, I really have to ask where are the parents? Take some responsibility and control your kids.

Yes, the hotel does charge a parking fee but this is Southern California and, especially in 'high season', in tourist areas, if they don't charge they will be swamped by 'free-loaders' looking for a place to dump their car. To their credit, the Sheraton GG fee also includes valet parking so that's a plus.

Once again I was happy with my stay. I will be back and that's probably the best thing a hotel manager can hear.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank #1remdog
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear #1remdog,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will definitely share them with my Staff.

My apologies for the children that were utilizing the Link obviously without any parental supervision. As you can imagine being so close to Disneyland, we get a lot of families/kids that stay with us.

We look forward to having you back once again very soon !!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed at hotel the night before going to Knott's Berry Farm. Hotel was pretty nice and rooms are modern and clean. Tried to watch movie on TV but it failed to play. Called downstairs to report issue and was told to try some other movies to see if they worked. None would work so we let them know and were told no charges would be applied. Next morning the manager interrogated us as if we had watched movies. We told him that we had talked to front desk. Instead of being apologetic for the problems and trying to make us happy he continued to treat us like we were lying and sent us on our way with extra charges on our credit card. Called back later apologized but still acted like it wasn't their problem. Overall it's a good spot as long as that guy is not on shift.

Dear Chitterbug,

I apologize for the issues that you encountered with your TV & the Movies that you tried to watch. There is no excuse for the treatment that you recieved from my Management Team Member & I will definitely follow up to see why it was handled in such a manner.

Hopefully you will give us another try on your next trip to the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I enjoyed my three night stay here. It is a good value.

The hotel is contemporary. All areas were clean. The staff was friendly.

There are five computers in the main lobby with internet access which was convenient.

Sheraton Park Grill is the restaurant at the hotel that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I ate breakfast there. I only ordered oatmeal. It was the best oatmeal I have ever eaten.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dear 17jwblue17,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Hotel, my Staff & the incredible Oatmeal in the Park Grill. I will make sure all team members involved know how memorable your stay with us was.

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Hotel was clean ! The shuttle to Disneyland was friendly, fast and had great hours. Pool open 24 hours. Food was good and reasonable. Front desk staff was helpful. The wireless was a little tricky but allowed for all of the kids ipods, ipads and computers to connect for one price

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear WorldWanderer4u,

Thank you so much for stating how clean our Hotel is....as our Housekeeping Staff takes great pride in maintaining this beautiful new Hotel, they will love to hear your comments.

We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
#4 of 19 in Garden Grove
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!