“Once again, a very nice stay.”

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Newport Beach, CA
“Once again, a very nice stay.”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed here for a conference and, once again, was very pleased with the property.

First of all, the front desk was both friendly and efficient---not an easy thing to do 'in season' and at the height of the check-in hour in the hotel business. Kudos to them.

The room was a nice size, modern, clean, comfortable and included a mini-fridge,which came in handy.

One night I decided to eat dinner in the restaurant and I had the pasta pomadora ($12.95) and a glass of Cabernet ($5.00). The food was very good, the sevice was also very good as well and it was very relaxing---just what I needed that evening. Thank you so much!

Another night I came back late and decided to use their free computers in the lobby to check e-mails, etc. I went to the nearby bar and ordered a glass of wine; once again the service was terrific.

My only complaint is that one morning I came down to the computers to use them and found 4 childen playing and dancing on the platform that housed the computers. The Sheraton GG can see this from the front desk and has to be willing to step in on this sort of behavior. OTOH, I really have to ask where are the parents? Take some responsibility and control your kids.

Yes, the hotel does charge a parking fee but this is Southern California and, especially in 'high season', in tourist areas, if they don't charge they will be swamped by 'free-loaders' looking for a place to dump their car. To their credit, the Sheraton GG fee also includes valet parking so that's a plus.

Once again I was happy with my stay. I will be back and that's probably the best thing a hotel manager can hear.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank #1remdog
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear #1remdog,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will definitely share them with my Staff.

My apologies for the children that were utilizing the Link obviously without any parental supervision. As you can imagine being so close to Disneyland, we get a lot of families/kids that stay with us.

We look forward to having you back once again very soon !!!!

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed at hotel the night before going to Knott's Berry Farm. Hotel was pretty nice and rooms are modern and clean. Tried to watch movie on TV but it failed to play. Called downstairs to report issue and was told to try some other movies to see if they worked. None would work so we let them know and were told no charges would be applied. Next morning the manager interrogated us as if we had watched movies. We told him that we had talked to front desk. Instead of being apologetic for the problems and trying to make us happy he continued to treat us like we were lying and sent us on our way with extra charges on our credit card. Called back later apologized but still acted like it wasn't their problem. Overall it's a good spot as long as that guy is not on shift.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Chitterbug,

I apologize for the issues that you encountered with your TV & the Movies that you tried to watch. There is no excuse for the treatment that you recieved from my Management Team Member & I will definitely follow up to see why it was handled in such a manner.

Hopefully you will give us another try on your next trip to the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I enjoyed my three night stay here. It is a good value.

The hotel is contemporary. All areas were clean. The staff was friendly.

There are five computers in the main lobby with internet access which was convenient.

Sheraton Park Grill is the restaurant at the hotel that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I ate breakfast there. I only ordered oatmeal. It was the best oatmeal I have ever eaten.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Dear 17jwblue17,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Hotel, my Staff & the incredible Oatmeal in the Park Grill. I will make sure all team members involved know how memorable your stay with us was.

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Hotel was clean ! The shuttle to Disneyland was friendly, fast and had great hours. Pool open 24 hours. Food was good and reasonable. Front desk staff was helpful. The wireless was a little tricky but allowed for all of the kids ipods, ipads and computers to connect for one price

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear WorldWanderer4u,

Thank you so much for stating how clean our Hotel is....as our Housekeeping Staff takes great pride in maintaining this beautiful new Hotel, they will love to hear your comments.

We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here 4 nights because it was near the Anaheim Convention Center where we were attending a conference. The rooms were quite, it is not close to the Convention Center or even Disneyland (but they have a shuttle to take you there). The staff was nice and helpful, one problem though, the front desk frequently had a long wait because there was only one person working there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe_S_Caja
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our regular Hotel did not have any rooms available for the weekend that we were going to Disneyland, so we booked the Sheraton Garden Grove to try something different! Let me say I was pleasanlty surprised. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They answered all of our questions, and gave amazing recomendations, for other things to do other than Disneyland. The rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were soft! (A huge bonus in my book). The walk in shower with glass door was also very nice. The water pressure was good for our entire stay. The only thing we found that was dull and dingy was the carpet int he elevator, however during our stay this was replaced in both elevators. Parking on some nights was tight, but we just took the car up front and they vallet parked it for us, at no extra charge. This was extremly nice. We bar also serves drinks and some good bar food. We did not try the restaruant, but it looked clean and presentable. Over all this was a nice hotel. Though keep in mind it is a short drive from Disneyland. (We have Anual passes with free parking so we drive anyhow, but we did hear quite a few complaints about the shuttle from other guests. But I can't eleborate on this.)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear disneylover1979,

It was a pleasure to read your review about the Sheraton/Garden Grove......thank you for your kind words. My Staff works very hard with all of our Guests to make sure their accomodation is nothing less than stellar.

Please come back soon, we look forward to having you once again !!!!!!

Honolulu
Reviewed July 3, 2011

So I was trying to set up a nice honeymoon suprise for my wife. I had already purchased my tickets, so I couldn't qualify for the Romance package, and there are no other romance packages that I can purchase on my own.
Wy wife is spending the first time ever in disneyland so I wanted it to be the most memorable. The hotel said we were neighborhood friends with Disney but Disney couldn't deliver gifts to our hotel because they weren't on the list!? Such a bummer, even though they had a plaque saying that they are a Disney neighbor, and the staff also said we were the Disney neighbor, but Disney said they were not. The Hotel staff didn't even bother suggesting other options for us. They sounded like I was a bother. Very Poor Customer Service!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
#4 of 19 in Garden Grove
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!