“Comfortable and a great bang for the buck”

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
San Diego, California, USA
“Comfortable and a great bang for the buck”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I enjoyed my three night stay here. It is a good value.

The hotel is contemporary. All areas were clean. The staff was friendly.

There are five computers in the main lobby with internet access which was convenient.

Sheraton Park Grill is the restaurant at the hotel that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I ate breakfast there. I only ordered oatmeal. It was the best oatmeal I have ever eaten.

I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Dear 17jwblue17,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Hotel, my Staff & the incredible Oatmeal in the Park Grill. I will make sure all team members involved know how memorable your stay with us was.

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Hotel was clean ! The shuttle to Disneyland was friendly, fast and had great hours. Pool open 24 hours. Food was good and reasonable. Front desk staff was helpful. The wireless was a little tricky but allowed for all of the kids ipods, ipads and computers to connect for one price

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear WorldWanderer4u,

Thank you so much for stating how clean our Hotel is....as our Housekeeping Staff takes great pride in maintaining this beautiful new Hotel, they will love to hear your comments.

We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Garden Grove/Anaheim area.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here 4 nights because it was near the Anaheim Convention Center where we were attending a conference. The rooms were quite, it is not close to the Convention Center or even Disneyland (but they have a shuttle to take you there). The staff was nice and helpful, one problem though, the front desk frequently had a long wait because there was only one person working there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Joe_S_Caja
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our regular Hotel did not have any rooms available for the weekend that we were going to Disneyland, so we booked the Sheraton Garden Grove to try something different! Let me say I was pleasanlty surprised. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They answered all of our questions, and gave amazing recomendations, for other things to do other than Disneyland. The rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were soft! (A huge bonus in my book). The walk in shower with glass door was also very nice. The water pressure was good for our entire stay. The only thing we found that was dull and dingy was the carpet int he elevator, however during our stay this was replaced in both elevators. Parking on some nights was tight, but we just took the car up front and they vallet parked it for us, at no extra charge. This was extremly nice. We bar also serves drinks and some good bar food. We did not try the restaruant, but it looked clean and presentable. Over all this was a nice hotel. Though keep in mind it is a short drive from Disneyland. (We have Anual passes with free parking so we drive anyhow, but we did hear quite a few complaints about the shuttle from other guests. But I can't eleborate on this.)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear disneylover1979,

It was a pleasure to read your review about the Sheraton/Garden Grove......thank you for your kind words. My Staff works very hard with all of our Guests to make sure their accomodation is nothing less than stellar.

Please come back soon, we look forward to having you once again !!!!!!

Honolulu
Reviewed July 3, 2011

So I was trying to set up a nice honeymoon suprise for my wife. I had already purchased my tickets, so I couldn't qualify for the Romance package, and there are no other romance packages that I can purchase on my own.
Wy wife is spending the first time ever in disneyland so I wanted it to be the most memorable. The hotel said we were neighborhood friends with Disney but Disney couldn't deliver gifts to our hotel because they weren't on the list!? Such a bummer, even though they had a plaque saying that they are a Disney neighbor, and the staff also said we were the Disney neighbor, but Disney said they were not. The Hotel staff didn't even bother suggesting other options for us. They sounded like I was a bother. Very Poor Customer Service!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hawn33
hawaii
Reviewed June 30, 2011

The employees were very friendly and helpful getting us transportation to and from Disney as well as the LAX. Our room was very nice and clean. There was a Target across the street....convenient. I would stay again if we were driving. You can't walk to Disneyland from there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear aloha68,

I am elated to hear that your trip to Anaheim was so memorable & the Hotel was to your liking. We strive for excellence on a daily basis in both service & cleanliness, happy to hear we did everything right !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again & we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights with my boyfriend as we were going to Disneyland. The rooms were VERY clean so that was awesome, but we were literally only there to sleep. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfy but parking was very limited. The fitness center was also very clean & almost always empty.

a few things that I didn't like: the alarm clock would go off every morning at 5am without me or my bofriend setting it, I'm sure some housekeeper thought it'd be funny. There was always hair on the sheets/pillow cases (im assuming from housekeeping) that was pretty gross. & it was hard to get a warm shower in the mornings for whatever reason. Also I paid for the shuttle EVERYDAY while others did not (it wasnt even included in their package) But OVERALL we were very satisfied those were all very minor things.

Until today..
I go online & look at my credit card statement & I see I've been over charged. So I call Sheraton & they say its a "smoking fee". WHAT? I've never smoked a day in my life & while my boyfriend does he definitely didn't in our room. Plus we pretty much were in our room less then 10 hrs a night asleep. So basically it might've been the smell of his clothes or the ciggs on the desk that they consider "evidence" but Its SO unfair & the hotel staff doesnt care at all. So my wonderful trip will forever be haunted by this horrible experience at The Sheraton.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank Littoxskittle
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Dear Littoxski,

I'm so sorry for the Smoking Fee that was assessed during your stay but we are a Non Smoking Hotel & take these matters very seriously.

I appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms & apologize for the Alarm Clock going off at 5AM, that certainly was not intentionally set & I will investigate this further with Housekeeping as this is NOT normal.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
#4 of 19 in Garden Grove
Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel? Share your experiences!