“Great modern place, perfect with a rental car, a bit inconvenient without.”

Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Vancouver, Canada
“Great modern place, perfect with a rental car, a bit inconvenient without.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

Met up with extended family for a Disneyland weekend and we all decided to pick a nicer and newer place at the expense of location. Hotel room, service and facilities were excellent (free wifi in the lobby as well as available PC's as you wait for your family to slowly come downstairs in the morning), with friendly and very helpful staff. Rooms were nicely decorated with contemporary furniture clearly a step up from most places, and very spacious.

The only minor room detail that I would say is a slight issue is the bathroom doors which had big frosted glass panels in them and offer little acoustical privacy. Travelling with extended family, some members were really uncomfortable with that.

Some of us had rented cars (parking fee is $12) and some of us hadn't, so we all took the hotel shuttle to Disneyland. Not bad, $3 per person with kids free. It was reliable, but having to wait for it on the way back was a slight inconvenience when you have kids. The area around the hotel has many decent restaurants (eg. Joe's Crab Shack) and there's a giant Target store across the street for stocking up on botled water, munchies, etc. However, as with most of the entire area, it isn't really the most pedestrian friendly couple of blocks so be careful walking with younger kids.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear Spaceman,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Hotel & my Staff. I will definitley share them during my next Executive Committee Meeting & hope to see you & your family back soon !!!!

Rick B. Ross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Grande Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

My seven year old son and i stayed here for five nights, it was a perfect hotel all the staff were very nice and helpful. We took the shuttle to and from disneyland it was on time everytime. The room was very clean, we ate at the restaurant every morning and some dinners they had very reasonable prices. We really enjoyed staying this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear rozoa1,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will definitely share them with my Team & I'm extremely happy that we could make your Vacation at Disneyland so memorable.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed here with my fiance in late April. We had no problem with our check-in, but there was a guest at the counter complaining about a charge on her bill that she thought had been cleared. Apparently she had been dealing with it for a couple of days.

Staff is friendly at the the front desk and bar. Free internet and printer use in lobby is nice too. Free valet parking if you can't find a spot, and they were there quite late up till 1am one of the nights. One night we just moved the cone from the spots reserved for valet and parked there, it was fine. The carpets in the elevators are pretty gross, and the counter space in the bathroom is small. In this area you will likely have children staying at your hotel. It was loud - early morning through midday. Doors slamming, children running up and down the hall. But hey, it's there time to have fun, and they're excited for Disneyland! I personally wouldn't choose to stay here again, unless the price was really good. If they replaced the carpets in the elevator, I'd consider this place somewhat elegant. We booked on Hotwire.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdn604
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear jdn604,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in April.

The new Carpet for the Elevators was ordered last week & will be installed by next Friday. We are all very excited to get this done as it was definitely needed & I'm sorry that you noticed the obvious wear & tear during your stay.

Yes, we are located very close to Disneyland so we do get a tremendous amount of families with young children that stay with us & they are extremely excited to visit the Park. This can sometimes result in additional noise unfortunately & I do apologize for that inconvenience.

Thanks again & we look forward to hosting You & your Fiance the next time you are in the Anaheim/Garden Grove area.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

As a businessman who travels 250 days a year. I have experience many hotels around the US and Canada. From the minute I stepped into this hotel I felt like I was home! From the Bellstaff, Front desk, Room Service, and Bartender the whole staff was extremely professional and warm. The hotel Lobby is amazing, the pool is fun! If you are staying in Garden Grove or going to Disney Parks. This hotel is a hidden Gem! Thank you so mucvh for making my stay so great! Bravo! AJ, Los Angeles, CA

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear AJ,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will definitely share them with my team & we are
extremely happy that your stay was so memorable.

We look foward to having you back the next time you are in Garden Grove.

seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

Had a memorable trip to Disneyland in January 2011. But the accommodations were just okay. The room was clean but a bit on the small side. Furnishings were ok and so was the bathroom.

The shuttle to Disneyland was not very reliable. It came and went off schedule; that was the predictable part of it: you could count on it being late.

I must say, though, that there is an unexpected benefit from having a hotel that has a shuttle to and from Disneyland and is not walking distance from the amusement park. By the end of the day, we were super exhausted so I don't think I would have enjoyed walking back to my hotel nor would my young son have been able to do so after having walked in Disneyland for hours already.

The front desk personnel were lukewarm in their reception; nothing memorable. They were not rude but neither were they friendly. Just ok again.

The best part of the hotel for us was the pool that was barely used ; in fact, we were the only ones swimming in the pool for most of one afternoon. Another benefit: Joe's Crab Shack is within walking distance. LOVED this restaurant----super fresh crab, unadorned, just the way I like it and incredibly juicy and delicious!

Hotel restaurant fare was pricey and just ok (again!)

The elevator was on the slow side.

It would be nice to have more kid-friendly front desk personnel who actually acknowledge their young guests and don't treat them like an invisible species. Many visitors would not patronize your hotel if not for Disneyland ...so, these young ones should be your most valued customers.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
Dear limwil,

We strive for excellence with our Guest Service & it appears that we missed the mark during your stay in January....my sincere apologies. This is very surprising as my Front Desk Team is very good at recognizing Children as well as their Parents in an effort to make the entire stay as memorable as possible, especially during a trip to Disneyland.

Thank you for your comments. I can assure you I will share them with my Team & we look forward to having you back soon.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

We stayed here in the near past, and I can only say I can wait to come back. I was on a trip with my family to Disneyland so we booked through getaway.com and got everything we asked for, rooms where large, and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Although are air conditioner broke it was a great hotel, and staff fixed the air conditioning the minute they got the call. Again I can only say that it couldn't be better

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank trevor4travel
rickrosSone, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
trevor4t,

Thank you so much for your kind words. My Team & I are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel during your Vacation. I will share your comments with my team.

Thanks again & we look forward to having you back soon !!

Queen Creek, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

Run away from this hotel as fast as you can. The hotel staff discriminate against Priceline customers, they lie about the duties they perform or in our case don't perform for you, the rooms are 100% not cleaned and maintained properly, parking is horrible, handicap accesability is disregarded, you will pay for any extra needs such as roll away beds, parking, or other ammenities, and the management staff does not care to hear your concerns.

Room Tip: do not utilize this hotel