“Fun, Quick Kitschy Stop”
Review of One Log House

One Log House
More attraction details
Owner description: This special log home includes living, dining, & bedroom areas just like any other trailer or motorhome. This Northern California redwood attraction has been a longtime popular attraction to young and old alike. At One Log House Espresso & Gifts, we also have a nice gift shop with unique redwood gifts, bowls, clocks, chainsaw carvings, & souvenirs. We also feature espresso drinks (hot, cold, or blended), smoothies, milk shakes, fresh deli sandwiches, and ice cream.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a great place to stop for Redwood souvenirs, coffee or a bathroom break (nice and clean). The staff is very friendly and for $1.00 adults, kids free, you get to go inside the "World Famous" One Log House. Our 3 children ages 3, 9 and 11 thought it was pretty cool. The house itself is fun and Kitschy. Built in the 1940s....it still has all the feel of a small trailer from that period, except this is all carved out of one massive Redwood log. Fun for a quick peek back in time. So, when traveling the Redwoods of Northern California, you should give this a stop.

There are newer reviews for One Log House

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had stop at this place a long time ago on the way to a job ,but back then pagers did not have cameras. This time I was with my wife and had my camera with me,since I wanted to show my wife the North West and we were head to Klamath. We stop this time and I took some pictures to show my Tripadvisor family that this is a must stop place,they also have a nice gift shop.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The One Log House was great for the kids. There is an honor system to pay $1 to go into the log house. Get the code to the door from the cafe.

The cafe/country store had clean bathrooms. It has kitchy souvenirs that did keep the kids amused. There were sling shots made of wood with little animal faces on the V part of it. We bought one for our son and it proved to be really fun in the woods and at the ocean.

The ice cream was awesome. The plain coffee was ordinary. We will stop there again.

1  Thank classicheart
Reviewed July 28, 2013

You walk in and see a kitchen, dining, living, and sleeping space then you turn around and walk out. There's really not much to it, but it's worth the couple dollars to go in and see it!

1  Thank atlas993
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Right off the 101 the One Log House is a cheap thrill. For only a dollor to enter the old RV is a pretty sweet deal. It makes for a fun and quick stop just after Garberville. So get out and stretch your legs, see the old RV and get some history.

1  Thank emmap719