“this time had a camera”
Review of One Log House

One Log House
More attraction details
Owner description: This special log home includes living, dining, & bedroom areas just like any other trailer or motorhome. This Northern California redwood attraction has been a longtime popular attraction to young and old alike. At One Log House Espresso & Gifts, we also have a nice gift shop with unique redwood gifts, bowls, clocks, chainsaw carvings, & souvenirs. We also feature espresso drinks (hot, cold, or blended), smoothies, milk shakes, fresh deli sandwiches, and ice cream.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had stop at this place a long time ago on the way to a job ,but back then pagers did not have cameras. This time I was with my wife and had my camera with me,since I wanted to show my wife the North West and we were head to Klamath. We stop this time and I took some pictures to show my Tripadvisor family that this is a must stop place,they also have a nice gift shop.

There are newer reviews for One Log House

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The One Log House was great for the kids. There is an honor system to pay $1 to go into the log house. Get the code to the door from the cafe.

The cafe/country store had clean bathrooms. It has kitchy souvenirs that did keep the kids amused. There were sling shots made of wood with little animal faces on the V part of it. We bought one for our son and it proved to be really fun in the woods and at the ocean.

The ice cream was awesome. The plain coffee was ordinary. We will stop there again.

1  Thank classicheart
Reviewed July 28, 2013

You walk in and see a kitchen, dining, living, and sleeping space then you turn around and walk out. There's really not much to it, but it's worth the couple dollars to go in and see it!

1  Thank atlas993
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Right off the 101 the One Log House is a cheap thrill. For only a dollor to enter the old RV is a pretty sweet deal. It makes for a fun and quick stop just after Garberville. So get out and stretch your legs, see the old RV and get some history.

1  Thank emmap719
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Since my wife and I are traveling the US in our 40' RV we thought it would be interesting to see the One Log House since it was at one time on wheels and the owner visited many areas with it. I was very surprised to see how much he was able to cram into that little space, even a bathroom. I cannot imagine how he was able to carve out the log so that it remained solid enough to transport. The interior walls feature articles about the House history. Take your tiem and read everything.
You get the feeling that he was a craftsman as well as a good carpenter. They only charge a dollar to see it and they are running the exposition on a shoestring. We got a kick out of it and went back to our big RV grateful for all of our modern amenities. If you are traveling on 101 in that area of CA stop there for sure, go next door to visit the Grandfather tree and a little down the road to Big Foot. They all add a certain charm to the beautiful drive through the Avenue of the Giants.

4  Thank James H