“Great Lunch Stop!”

Woodrose Cafe
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Garberville
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: All organic produce with carnivorous, omnivorous, vegetarian and vegan options. Gluten free choices, Made to Order Organic Juices and Smoothies. A Humboldt County tradition since 1977.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

On a recent road trip, we were lucky enough to grab lunch here before it closed for the afternoon. I had a fantastic, fresh, and very filling salad and fresh squeezed orange juice. Others with me enjoyed their sandwiches and smoothies. Despite being fairly busy, we did not have to wait too long for our food.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on our way up to Eureka on the 101. To be honest we just needed to stop for food and the loo so didn't research, just pulled off the main road at this small town and stopped here as it was the first place we saw.
It's very small and it turned out that we only just snuck in at 1.50pm when they close up and 2pm. There seemed to be a coach tour with seniors all in for lunch at the time, so the place was packed and so we were sat at the counter. The menu was pretty good with lots to choose from, although we just wanted something quick and simple, so had some standard tex mex dishes.
We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the food was. It seems that they are an organic cafe and for once I felt like I was eating something freshly made rather than mass produced.
This is very much a local cafe but the staff were friendly enough and the service was quick.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped at the Woodrose Cafe for lunch on our way home to Dublin, CA. I ordered the beef burger, rare, and my husband ordered half a turky sandwich with a cup of vegetable soup. We had to wait half and hour for our food, and when it finally came to our table it was obvious that the cook didn't know how to cook. I had asked for my burger rare and it was cooked well done and dry. My husband's vegetable soup was mostly liquid with very few veggies, and tasted very bland. When I told our server about the food she said she would talk to the cook about it, but of course, she never did. I highly suggest that if you stop in Garberville to eat that you find another restaurant than the Woodrose Cafe.

1  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I both got the pesto scramble. It was perfection.

Service was wonderful. Our beautiful ginger haired waitress was so sweet and attentive and made sure we were well taken care of.

Prices were a little pricier than lets say, Denny's, but everything is organic and fresh. You get what you pay for and I would rather fork out a bit more cash for a deliciously healthy and fresh meal.

**Cash only! No biggee, there is an ATM right outside and a big enough sign to warn you before hand... so get over it.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Woodrose is a typical downtown small cafe. It is full of locals and tourists. Breakfast was good but not a culinary masterpiece. Garberville has been a center of alternative lifestyle and the Woodrose begain participating in the '70s. It has probably not changed much. Stop here for some organic eggs and potatoes for breakfast. The experience will justify your faith.

1  Thank FrankEPortland_OR