Sherwood Forest Motel
Garberville Motel(Garberville)
Benbow Historic Inn(Garberville)
Miranda Gardens Resort(Miranda)
View Hotel
Inn of the Lost Coast(Shelter Cove)
View Hotel
The Journeys End(Mad River)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were driving to San Francisco and it was getting late so we needed a place to stay for the night. I don't know where to start as this place is awful. Unfortunately it was so late we had to stay here but we barely slept and in the end left in the very early hours so we could escape to our lovely hotel in San Francisco!

I believe we paid $60 - way too much for this dump. For $60 I would expect a very basic but clean room. Every hotel room should always be clean and safe. This was not. The door to the room was pathetic - you could clearly seen that it had been broken into in the past and not repaired. The lock hardly worked, if somebody lightly leaned on the door it would open.

The room was filthy with cobwebs all around the bed. The bathroom was home to a huge ant farm. The carpet was disgusting with stains all over the place. Nothing was clean. The funniest thing was that the maid had left an envelope asking us to leave her a tip - as if!!!! Do your job and maybe you'll get something.

I never expected the ritz but I think it's fair to assume that no matter what you spend on a hotel it should at least be clean. I can put up with old dated furniture, basic ammenities etc but a clean hotel room is surely a basic requirement!?!

Under no circumstances should you consider staying here as you will not be given a clean room - and I would imagine that is number one on most peoples list? If however, you are interested in different ant species and examining different examples of poor cleaning then this sure is the place for you!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skygirl340
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I guess I didn't read down far enough when reading the reviews. We knew the motel closed at 10:00, so my husband called to say we might not make it on time. My husband was told which room we were in, that it was in the first building on the right, and directions to get our key. What we were not told is that they would be turning off all the lights, and that the first building on the right is downhill behind and below the swimming pool. We arrived at 10:05. It took us 10 minutes in this very small town to find the motel, and several minutes more to find our room. For the prices they charge, they could afford to at least leave the lights on.
I have not seen a motel with furnishings this old since I was 10 - and I'm 65. As we entered the front door and turned on the light, we were blinded by the huge florescent fixture they have immediately overhead. There was a smaller fixture outside the bathroom, and another in the bathroom (that one was lined with scum). The only other lamp on the one night table had two incadescent lightbulbs, but the shade was clear glass with a small amount of etching. If you moved the wrong way, the light would shine directly into our eyes.
The side table looked like someone had spilled shellac on it and it all puddled to the front edge. There was another two-legged table with the old analog t.v. on it. The un-legged end of the table was resting on a low chest.
There was a small round table with two chairs. The chairs were dirty. The carpet was filthy. The stand-up shower had black crud all around the top. The toilet was not sealed and rocked when sat on. And they have the nerve to charged $10 for a dog?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OregonTraveltoes
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Smaller motel in great location and really friendly desk staff. Super helpful and personable. Rooms definitely dated but I slept great. Loved having coffee in the morning with everything quiet and beautiful surroundings. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

I will stay there again we come to this motel everytime we come to Redway for our family reunion.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I could deal with the old out of date furniture and decor,but the place was dirty. The comforter smelled like body order, the seat cushions were literally stained, there were spider webs,the toilet kept running, the shower drained slowly, hot water wasn't hot enough, paint was peeling off the wall in the bathroom. I would not stay here again and I would not recommend it. On a lighter note; it was reasonable, had a pool, was quiet, staff was friendly.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo